No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bont won't win the Brownlow sadly, he has had to many quiet weeks and the team has been ordinary for the most part. I think he is still behind Daicos and Petracca on the leaderboard. Will be surprised if he gets votes vs Hawks next who have good taggers and destroyed the Daicos brothers today, and down in Geelong where we will likely get smashed anyway.

Also, would never wish for him to win it on the back of another players injury, poor form to say so. Even though injuries are part of the game and have cost many players awards.

Think he cares more about winning another flag than individual awards anyway.

Hawks next week will be tough, we struggled badly against them last time.

Daicos may already have an unbeatable lead

I think he does.

I’d love Bont to win it. But if Daicos is around $2.50 to $3 at some point then I’ll be hammering that. I’d have him on close to 30 already, and Bont around at least 5-6 votes behind if not more.

Hamish is the unlistenable in any game let alone a Geelong game.
Hamish, Darcy, Ling and Watson. The four horsemen of the apocalypse of dunces.

It. Does My. Head. In. How. Jobe. Talks. Haltingly. Onlytorushhislastthoughtsallatonce.

Hamish, Darcy, Ling and Watson. The four horsemen of the apocalypse of dunces.

It. Does My. Head. In. How. Jobe. Talks. Haltingly. Onlytorushhislastthoughtsallatonce.
They have perfected the talk yell. It’s SO EXCITING even when it’s not.

They have perfected the talk yell. It’s SO EXCITING even when it’s not.
It does my head in. 2. Darcy loves to use the term 'overcooked' a lot in his commentary. He does this without a shred of self awareness. Given how he overcooks every aspect of his commentary with his diabetes inducing positivity and enthusiasm. Good commentators understand that it's a game of peaks and troughs. Guys like Darcy and Derwayne think its all Mount Everest.

It does my head in. 3. Hamish Old son. Nobody gives a **** about the useless trivia that you pretend isn't being fed to you by a production assistant during a game. Less is more. You coat riding charlatan.

It does my head in 4. Lingy.

Hawthorn are tracking beautifully regardless of how this game finishes.

They‘re probably due to win another premiership before the end of this decade too, the pricks.
They still have a long way to go, if you tag Sicily they can’t win.

It does my head in. 2. Darcy loves to use the term 'overcooked' a lot in his commentary. He does this without a shred of self awareness. Given how he overcooks every aspect of his commentary with his diabetes inducing positivity and enthusiasm. Good commentators understand that it's a game of peaks and troughs. Guys like Darcy and Derwayne think its all Mount Everest.

It does my head in. 3. Hamish Old son. Nobody gives a * about the useless trivia that you pretend isn't being fed to you by a production assistant during a game. Less is more. You coat riding charlatan.

Oh how we miss Dennis and even Bruce? How lucky were we to have them on the 2016 commentary?

Oh how we miss Dennis and even Bruce? How lucky were we to have them on the 2016 commentary?
Dennis was the best. However, he was smart enough to pull the pin when he was becoming a bit of a parody of himself. His Dennisisms where becoming a little hackneyed and forced towards the end of his career.

Bruce. Although very professional. I never warmed to him for the same reason that I cannot stand Darcys style of commentary. In my view Darcy has modelled himself very closely on Bruce, it's why he is so ubiquitous in 7 sporting/lifestyle programming.

We certainly could've done worse in 2016. I can't recall who did 2021 and I dont care to look.

I dont mind some of the lower profile callers going around these days, like Hudson and Bennett. Two guys who understand moments in games and how to build towards them. I dont mind JB when I hear him work during a radio call. But like BT I dont think they are well suited to the TV medium. Where I prefer the less is more style of commentary, because I have the benefit of seeing what the are yammering on about at the same time they do. Its at this point I log onto Bigfooty and make a long rambling post displaying my displeasure at their ineptness.

Anyways... I blame Rex Hunt for the way commentary is now all colour, movement and idiocy above all else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They still have a long way to go, if you tag Sicily they can’t win.

And the pies didn’t do that.

In fact they had issues all over the field.

They have a good gameplan, and a great coach. But their list isn’t as strong as basically all the others in the top 6 imo.

This will be a very interesting September imo. The presumptive favourite has significant flaws.

If Geelong lose, and Carlton win, they will be very much two games outside of the 8, with a pissed of Magpies looking to rebound against them next week. Hoping for both Port and Blues to get up.

It does my head in. 3. Hamish Old son. Nobody gives a * about the useless trivia that you pretend isn't being fed to you by a production assistant during a game. Less is more. You coat riding charlatan.

It really pains me to see how bad Darcy is as a commentator.

He was a hero of mine as a player. Loved him. Still irritates me that he did his knee twice as we were coming into contention in 2005-06.

He‘s also a ripping bloke and loves our club dearly. And his boy is a going to be a ripper.

But as a commentator. Geez he’s bad. Like really really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back