No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about Kelli and that genre of caller is that they represent much of what I'm trying to escape. Everytime she screaches that someone has gone up for a hanger I hear "Have you put the bins out or can you get some milk on your way home?"
I just don't know why she has to copy the blokes. It's not natural and her calling just doesn't work for her. I don't think she likes the dogs either.

Flipped over to the whingers cup and dissent is no longer a thing.

Tom Green with the biggest “WHAT THE *”, arms out and yelling directly at the umpire after a free kick, the ump blows his whistle again because he heard it and still doesn’t pay the 50.

Buku got 50 against him because he was smiling a while back
Dissent is a crap rule full stop!

If Geelong finish 5th and we finish 8th,where is the the elimination final played? Do the cats get to play at Kardinia Park against a Victorian team?

Nah. They project crowd attendance and select the stadium from that. It will be at the MCG.
Thank Dog. My ladder predictor says it's possible we play them after they beat Port. If they beat the Pies next week it's almost certain.

Games with the biggest bearing on the top 8 make up look to be

Rnd 22: Pies v Cats and Port v GWS

Rnd 23: GWS v Ess and Cats v Saints ... bit of a meh round

Rnd 24: Dogs v Cats and GWS v Blues (elimination) and Dees v Swans (Syd elimination)

Last edited:
I think he does.

I’d love Bont to win it. But if Daicos is around $2.50 to $3 at some point then I’ll be hammering that. I’d have him on close to 30 already, and Bont around at least 5-6 votes behind if not more.
Agree Daicos is probably on 30. The Betfair predictor is pretty reliable and has Daicos on 30 and Bont now on 26 (Petracca on 25 with a game to play).

The odds are based on projecting ahead, Daicos possibly injured and Bont in form and still to play the worst team in the league.

Petracca becomes interesting if he moves back into the midfield.

Bont was in Daicos’ position in 2021 and got run down so hopefully he can do the opposite. If Bont can manage another best on ground next week it becomes really interesting. If Daicos gets one more BOG is probably over.

Agree Daicos is probably on 30. The Betfair predictor is pretty reliable and has Daicos on 30 and Bont now on 26 (Petracca on 25 with a game to play).

The odds are based on projecting ahead, Daicos possibly injured and Bont in form and still to play the worst team in the league.

Bont was in Daicos’ position in 2021 and got run down so hopefully he can do the opposite. If Bont can manage another best on ground next week it becomes really interesting. If Daicos gets one more BOG is probably over.
The interest for me on Brownlow night is going to be how p1ssed Libba gets ... coz his name is gonna be called a fair bit too I'd imagine.

The thing about Kelli and that genre of caller is that they represent much of what I'm trying to escape. Everytime she screaches that someone has gone up for a hanger I hear "Have you put the bins out or can you get some milk on your way home?"
I’ll defend Kelli because she has succeeded in what is essentially the boys’ club but that’s funny. Sexist and very un2023 but funny.

Yeah, good point on next three games- plus even if Daicos does play you’d imagine sides would try the hard tag given how it worked yesterday (they’d be pretty negligent not to).

And yes, it would be great to know Bont has 9-12 votes coming his way in the last four games and seeing him get a deserved win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I thought this place was full of nuffies…
I’ve got a mate who’s a pies fan who is genuinely convinced they won’t win another game as the hawks exposed their game plan by just a heavy tag on their on ball mids and a high defensive press. panic is starting to set in, next week will be interesting to see how the cats go about it, if the pies lose it’s not silly to suggest that every team copies what the hawks did, it completely threw the pies and they had no answers.

I’ve got a mate who’s a pies fan who is genuinely convinced they won’t win another game as the hawks exposed their game plan by just a heavy tag on their on ball mids and a high defensive press. panic is starting to set in, next week will be interesting to see how the cats go about it, if the pies lose it’s not silly to suggest that every team copies what the hawks did, it completely threw the pies and they had no answers.
It wasn't just the Hawks, look at their last 8 games. A loss to Melbourne, narrowly beat the Crows (not in finals contention) by 2 points at the MCG, beat us by 2 goals with us missing multiple first choice defenders and playing like shit, beat Port by 2 points when they were in garbage form, and convincing losses to Carlton and Hawks. Their only "good" weeks have been stomping the Suns and Freo.

It was always going to happen. Teams have figured them out - if their midfield doesn't win the clearance, then Mitchell, Adams and co are useless on the spread, while Daicos just needs the heavy tag and they suddenly lose all ability to transition the ball down the ground.

The Pies of rounds 1-12 and the Pies of rounds 13 onwards are two entirely different sides
Rounds 1-12: 11 Wins, 1 Loss @ 138%
Round 13-21: 5 Wins, 3 Loss @ 114%

The teams I'd be seriously worried about come finals are Melbourne and Geelong, and even then they've both been extremely shaky throughout the year. Still, I think both sides will hold up considerably better once it hits the intensity of finals. Pies in straight sets is a very real possibility if they don't turn things around significantly.

It wasn't just the Hawks, look at their last 8 games. A loss to Melbourne, narrowly beat the Crows (not in finals contention) by 2 points at the MCG, beat us by 2 goals with us missing multiple first choice defenders and playing like s**t, beat Port by 2 points when they were in garbage form, and convincing losses to Carlton and Hawks. Their only "good" weeks have been stomping the Suns and Freo.

It was always going to happen. Teams have figured them out - if their midfield doesn't win the clearance, then Mitchell, Adams and co are useless on the spread, while Daicos just needs the heavy tag and they suddenly lose all ability to transition the ball down the ground.

The Pies of rounds 1-12 and the Pies of rounds 13 onwards are two entirely different sides
Rounds 1-12: 11 Wins, 1 Loss @ 138%
Round 13-21: 5 Wins, 3 Loss @ 114%

The teams I'd be seriously worried about come finals are Melbourne and Geelong, and even then they've both been extremely shaky throughout the year. Still, I think both sides will hold up considerably better once it hits the intensity of finals. Pies in straight sets is a very real possibility if they don't turn things around significantly.
One of my biggest gripes for the season. If we have put any pressure on Nick and not let him run through the middle unmatched we win that game.

One of my biggest gripes for the season. If we have put any pressure on Nick and not let him run through the middle unmatched we win that game.
It was said it was Joel Corey, but it was reported recently it might have been Steven King, or both who convinced Bevo to tag Josh Kennedy with young Tom Libratore after half time in the 2016 Grand Final, and this move as much anything helped us win the premiership. We have recently seen what Willem Drew did to Daicos and what even old Callan Ward did to Bont last week in Ballarat. Bevo has to swallow some pride and tag some players. Nick Daicos is perfect example. Rozee or Butters, Oliver or Petracca or Lachie Neal etc. Assistant coaches are for ‘blind spots’ in the head coach’s thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back