No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

20 is worth 912 points, and the other 4 together are worth 1704. You'd do that trade every time if you're Brisbane. It's a dumb system but that's where we are.
And yet under next year's recalibrated DVI, pick 20 is worth a reduced 757 pts and picks 32,42,43 & 45 will total a mere 941 pts.

Now I realise that it's THIS year that the picks are being used and next year's draft is irrelevant to this particular trade, but it does show how the AFL is at last moving toward a more realistic valuation of picks.

Turns out the bloke Stringer and Hind took into the rooms is a convicted killer. They get coffee every day.

Starting to think Bevo was onto something.
There’s a lot of horrible stories about Hind and his brothers that get spoken about in Ballarat. A disgusting family.

I find it very odd that Merrett is close with him.

There’s a lot of horrible stories about Hind and his brothers that get spoken about in Ballarat. A disgusting family.

I find it very odd that Merrett is close with him.
There’s a segment on SEN’s social media where Lyon is speaking to Scott Lucas about Hinds chances of getting redrafted.

I’d say absolutely no chance on football ability alone, before you get to the off field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s a segment on SEN’s social media where Lyon is speaking to Scott Lucas about Hinds chances of getting redrafted.

I’d say absolutely no chance on football ability alone, before you get to the off field.

Zero, zilch, nada.

More chance of Sedat Sir being redrafted than Hind.

Stringer can count himself very lucky he'll probably get a third chance. Very very lucky.

Tiges: Pick 20

Lions: Picks 32, 42, 43, 45

How is this not a complete and utter reaming?
For pick deals which can be measured objectively via the points system, there really needs to be a rule to prevent such a one sided trade. Brisbane almost doubled their draft points here. It makes a complete mockery of the system which was already a joke (and was when we used it to get Darcy and JUH).

With this trade, they can now match a bid coming at pick 4, by giving up no more than that single pick 20. At least we had to hand over a fair bit more when we matched.

For pick deals which can be measured objectively via the points system, there really needs to be a rule to prevent such a one sided trade. Brisbane almost doubled their draft points here. It makes a complete mockery of the system which was already a joke (and was when we used it to get Darcy and JUH).

With this trade, they can now match a bid coming at pick 4, by giving up no more than that single pick 20. At least we had to hand over a fair bit more when we matched.

As well as the handshake deal that Richmond won't bid on Ashcroft, meaning they'll save an extra few hundred points.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back