Oppo Camp Non Bulldogs Finals Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong supporters seem to think people hate them because of their success, it's got nothing to do with that for me. It's all because of Chris Scott and Joel Selwood. Scott is basically a supporter in the box the way he reacts to every decision against them, and Selwood's constant arguing with the umpires is just ridiculous. Oh, and this crap that in the last twelve month Clangerfield has all of the sudden become Michael Voss, Chris Judd and Gary Ablett combined.

I liked the cats under Bomber with blokes like Chapman, Corey and Stevie J. **** this current mob, though.
Couldn't have said it better.

Sucks to lose a game after the siren.

Though when you see stuff like this, your sympathy goes out the window. :)

Re-load, beat the Povvo Doggies and Smash whoevers next. Flag is still ours for the taking.

I didn't read the eagles board last night but I'm sure as shit going to have a look at the Hawks board after that! :D

Geelong make me sick I actually prefer the Hawks.

The fact they are in a prelim is just sickening
I'm the other way. Loath Hawks. Supporters are self entitled flogs who have jumped on the bandwagon. Love what Cats have done to break their long standing premiership drought and go on and become one of the best clubs in the comp over the last decade.

A very surprisng lack of sooking from the Hawks board - everybody seems to be not that down or not that sad after that game, and people are saying shit like "at least it was the game of the year" - makes me feel truly horrific and frustrated at the same time that the Hawks fans have had so much success in recent years that they don't ****ing care at all that they lost a final due to a gettable shot after the siren to win!!!

What a life. To have lived a football supporting life to have witnessed such success recently to not even melt or not even care after a missed shot after the siren like that.

I hope we smash them next week. Hopefully they'll show some actual care about the loss last week and next week like most footy supporters for other clubs who haven't had the successes that they have.

A very surprisng lack of sooking from the Hawks board - everybody seems to be not that down or not that sad after that game, and people are saying shit like "at least it was the game of the year" - makes me feel truly horrific and frustrated at the same time that the Hawks fans have had so much success in recent years that they don't ******* care at all that they lost a final due to a gettable shot after the siren to win!!!

What a life. To have lived a football supporting life to have witnessed such success recently to not even melt or not even care after a missed shot after the siren like that.

I hope we smash them next week. Hopefully they'll show some actual care about the loss last week and next week like most footy supporters for other clubs who haven't had the successes that they have.

Absolutely. They've had it too good for too long and their supporters and their players are arrogant, entitled p*****.

We've done the hard yards, experienced heartbreak, shed tears and cursed our luck, but the wheel is turning fast.

Too old, too slow, too many B-grade Box Hill hacks. I dare you Hawks to play the likes of Fitzpatrick, Burton, Howe, Hartung, Schoenmakers next week.

You don't like contested ball Hawks? You like the soft outside stuff? Well, you're about to cop it right between the eyes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember seeing some halfwit Hawks fan on TV after they won the 2008 premiership sooking about how she had to wait 17 years to see a flag and it was so long and blah blah.

Literally wanted to reach through the tv and punch her in the forehead!

17 years??? Go and f@rk
right off

I can guarantee this same human wasn't a member when they nearly merged.

Still hate the cats more

I remember seeing some halfwit Hawks fan on TV after they won the 2008 premiership sooking about how she had to wait 17 years to see a flag and it was so long and blah blah.

Literally wanted to reach through the tv and punch her in the forehead!

17 years??? Go and f@rk
right off

I can guarantee this same human wasn't a member when they nearly merged.

Still hate the cats more
What about Adelaide fans yelling "we've waited seven long years for this" after they beat us to get into the the 97 grand final.
Terry Wallace almost started a melee in the car park when he heard them say it after the match.

I'm the other way. Loath Hawks. Supporters are self entitled flogs who have jumped on the bandwagon. Love what Cats have done to break their long standing premiership drought and go on and become one of the best clubs in the comp over the last decade.
You should see what the Handbaggers have been posting on here since the day Danger joined them.

Flag already in the bag etc

What about Adelaide fans yelling "we've waited seven long years for this" after they beat us to get into the the 97 grand final.
Terry Wallace almost started a melee in the car park when he heard them say it after the match.
Never heard of that

Good on ya Terry (though **** you all the same for that bottle job :()

I really, really hate Geelong.

Everyone harps on about "Oh, I'm just so sick of Hawthorn..." but Geelong are just as nauseating.
Hawthorn are a pack of violent miscreants and their burgeoning support makes me want to projectile vomit on every goddamn threepeat bumper sticker I see, but they've got a genius for a coach and it's been bloody fascinating watching them change the game over the last eight or so years.

I used to like Geelong. They played beautiful football under Bomber, the personalities were lively (Chappy, Moons) but not intolerable or exaggerated (Dangerfield), and the fans seemed genuinely appreciative of their success. Now, they're close to the most arrogant club and fan base in the league.

Just posted this in the other non Bulldogs footy thread:

Just finished watching the Cats win. The electricity came back on 15 minutes before the start of the match. My bedlight was still on so all of a sudden at 4:15am I had a bright light shining in my face. Thought it might have been a US based Eagles supporter about to slit my throat. Reset the DVR, went back to bed and watched the match after getting up, of course, right after I had my Raisin Bran. Exciting swapping leads made it entertaining. Paused the DVR at the siren before the last kick for goal. Wasn't sure which way I wanted it to go when I remembered the Geelong Finals wins against us in '92, '94 & '95, especially the '94QF. But then again I was there in '85 at VFL Park for the PF loss to Hawthorn. In the end I have always wanted to beat the Hawks to knock them out of the Finals after breaking my heart in 1985, so I shall be up whenever we play next weekend. I've waited 31 years for revenge. How sweet it will be! :D

Geelong supporters seem to think people hate them because of their success, it's got nothing to do with that for me. It's all because of Chris Scott and Joel Selwood. Scott is basically a supporter in the box the way he reacts to every decision against them, and Selwood's constant arguing with the umpires is just ridiculous. Oh, and this crap that in the last twelve month Clangerfield has all of the sudden become Michael Voss, Chris Judd and Gary Ablett combined.

I liked the cats under Bomber with blokes like Chapman, Corey and Stevie J. **** this current mob, though.
Absolutely. I liker Geelong until recently. Add Danger and Menzel to that post and it's spot on.
Cats dynasty was very likeable. This cats team is the complete opposite.

True, but I hate what Geelong have done to us

Hawthorn are a pack of violent miscreants and their burgeoning support makes me want to projectile vomit on every goddamn threepeat bumper sticker I see, but they've got a genius for a coach and it's been bloody fascinating watching them change the game over the last eight or so years.

I used to like Geelong. They played beautiful football under Bomber, the personalities were lively (Chappy, Moons) but not intolerable or exaggerated (Dangerfield), and the fans seemed genuinely appreciative of their success. Now, they're close to the most arrogant club and fan base in the league.

That's exactly how I see it mate

Summed up my thoughts perfectly. Hawthorn have a heap of bandwagoners who you know will abandon them immediately if the campaigners ever stopped winning premierships for five minutes. People say Sydney's fans know nothing about football but the Hawfs bunch of corporate fans and casual bandwagon jumpers are just as bad.

Then there's the cynical snipers like Hodge and Lewis in their team to complete the package.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Bulldogs Finals Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back