Opinion Non-Crows AFL 4: The Centre Cannot Hold

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if I told my mates that you're the hottest bloke at your workplace but there's no hope for them because you're heterosexual, I'd have been derogatory towards you? I can understand the argument that it's inappropriate, but he was totally complimentary. And if you truely believe that identifying a lesbian as a lesbian is derogatory then it would be you being the derogatory one.
He said she had her liquor licence.... I mean that's pretty derogatory.

Brisbane are going to smoke a lot of teams up there this year. That's a pretty handy loss.

Not playing like that they’re not.

Forget the positions the two teams are predicted to finish in … that was pretty poor all around.

Everyone goes early in round 1. I’m not saying things won’t change, but saying it’s a gallant loss to a top 4 side is putting some pretty strong whitewash over how bad a lot of that was.

Port are short on really good defenders. They get undone when teams can break even with their midfield and send enough good ball forward.

Their windows is shut imo and they will be looking at some sort of rebuild over the coming seasons

Sounds like McKenzie hasn't done his ACL.

So if I told my mates that you're the hottest bloke at your workplace but there's no hope for them because you're heterosexual, I'd have been derogatory towards you? I can understand the argument that it's inappropriate, but he was totally complimentary. And if you truely believe that identifying a lesbian as a lesbian is derogatory then it would be you being the derogatory one.
I thought the term he used for lesbian was what got him in trouble.

The issue is that he works in an image conscious industry. Him using the "Liquor License " term is what cost him his job. FoxFooty have made the decision that they can't back someone who is on a recording using that term.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Juvenile, yes: sordid, no.

By the way, you accusing him of being a virgin is analogous to him calling her a lesbian, not "respectful or inclusive".
Should we cancel you? :think:
Turn it up!..

Where in anything I wrote did I accuse him of being a virgin?..

Nowhere.

I wrote he SOUNDED like a virgin.. not that he was actually a virgin..

And that his words SOUNDED like the same comments you’d expect to hear in a US fratcom style movie. (I may or may not have just made up the word “fratcom”)

Strange that there are some that are defending this bloke and his embarrassingly childish comments.. wonder if they also talk like this about their own female colleagues?..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The issue is that he works in an image conscious industry. Him using the "Liquor License " term is what cost him his job. FoxFooty have made the decision that they can't back someone who is on a recording using that term.

Ok baldandbroke , that’s 2 in a handful of posts. Still claiming “nobody” saying it’s the bad bit? I can’t believe hey shorty liked your post when he had done exactly what you said nobody is doing only a few minutes before.

I think the whole "lads, it's unfortunate that we won't be able to **** her" is also a pretty demeaning way to speak of a co-worker.

Turn it up!..

Where in anything I wrote did I accuse him of being a virgin?..

Nowhere.

I wrote he SOUNDED like a virgin.. not that he was actually a virgin..

And that his words SOUNDED like the same comments you’d expect to hear in a US fratcom style movie. (I may or may not have just made up the word “fratcom”)

Strange that there are some that are defending this bloke and his embarrassingly childish comments.. wonder if they also talk like this about their own female colleagues?..

I’m not defending him, I’m just arguing about whether the comments were derogatory or not. I see you used the term embarrassingly childish. I agree with that. Inappropriate, that too. People get so emotional about this stuff. Look at the recent posts where someone says liquor license is derogatory and then when I respond to that another person says that nobody is saying that is the derogatory bit. Then the bloke that actually said it 5 minutes before agrees with him that nobody is saying it. People are insane when it comes to rubbish like this. Any form of logic and commonsense leaves their brain.

Port usually start the season strongly and use their early form to build their season.

Before tonight their last Round 1 loss was back in 2015.

It will be interesting to see where their season goes from here.

Carlton win a round 1 game and Port lose a round 1 game.

What sort of world is this!

What are the shrill excuses over on the PAP board for last night? I cant bring myself to go over there and crawl through the comment sewer.... :$

It's probably an unpopular opinion on this forum, but its correct.

They lost in round 1 by 11 points on the road to a team that finished top 4 last year and is a premiership favorite. They will again be around the top 4 in 2022.

Brisbane literally played all of 20 minutes of decent football to win that game.

Todd Marshall once again with zero impact on the game.

I remember when guys like Tredrea and Dwayne Russell were telling us, "There's something special with this kid"

There's nothing special about him, he's an absolute spud.

The real trouble for Port here is Kenny is his biggest fan.
Every year they keep waiting for him to fulfill his potential and then never does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back