Opinion Non-Crows AFL 6: This Is Getting Cruel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Placeholder … when I get home I’ll post a pic of the signatures i grabbed as a kid from that era!! (I was 12 in 1984)

My favourite player was Rocky Roberts. Had the number in the duffel coat and everything!

My family was close to the legs because my grandma’s brothers were Bill and Perc McCallum.

I grew up at the Parade watching my heroes each week sitting next to football royalty and not even knowing it. Ron Kneebone would give me insight on why Bruce Winter was so important to the team. The oldies all loved McIntosh the most, was so old school. My dad thought Keith Thomas was soft, but I loved his kicking.

Ahhh memories
Rocky was a gun.

That mark Thomas took in the 84 GF wasn’t soft

Placeholder … when I get home I’ll post a pic of the signatures i grabbed as a kid from that era!! (I was 12 in 1984)

My favourite player was Rocky Roberts. Had the number in the duffel coat and everything!

My family was close to the legs because my grandma’s brothers were Bill and Perc McCallum.

I grew up at the Parade watching my heroes each week sitting next to football royalty and not even knowing it. Ron Kneebone would give me insight on why Bruce Winter was so important to the team. The oldies all loved McIntosh the most, was so old school. My dad thought Keith Thomas was soft, but I loved his kicking.

Ahhh memories!!

I had a number 9 Duffel coat too!
Loved that old Dawg. Loved that whole team.

Just don't see how magic round is going to draw crowds. AO is going to look empty most games I reckon.
Yeah I'm just not seeing it

Do Crows fans flock to Port games just to see some extra AFL footy? And vice versa

This has the feel of the "NAB Cup Challenge" only played midseason

All the fun and atmosphere of a Covid hub

Maybe I just lack vision. I know they do it in rugby league but no one goes to games anyway so who could tell the difference to know whether the concept stunk?

Do Crows fans flock to Port games just to see some extra AFL footy? And vice versa

Maybe I just lack vision. I know they do it in rugby league but no one goes to games anyway so who could tell the difference to know whether the concept stunk?

Do you think they schedule traditional blockbuster clashes and then somewhat rely on interstate travellers(vic) to put bums on seats?

It will be a huge hit.

Both SA clubs at home will get good crowds. Thousands (and I mean thousands) will come from interstate. It's the perfect mates footy weekend trip. Head to Adelaide on Thursday or Friday, watch your team and another 2-3 other games, drink a lot, head home.

It will be a huge hit.

Both SA clubs at home will get good crowds. Thousands (and I mean thousands) will come from interstate. It's the perfect mates footy weekend trip. Head to Adelaide on Thursday or Friday, watch your team and another 2-3 other games, drink a lot, head home.
How does it differ much from every single weekend of the season in Melbourne?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d take my son to every game I could, if they let members in for free.
It will be a huge hit.

There’s only so much accommodation capacity though. I’ve been in both Melbourne and Brisbane where the entire place was sold out and we relied on getting a call off the waiting list for a room.

My bet is that our and ports games look fine (as long as played first) but the other AO day will struggle for 20k. And that day will need big drawing VIC clubs.

It will be a huge hit.

There won't be any blockbuster matches here. It'll be shit like Gold Coast vs Geelong and Collingwood vs St Kilda. Games you wouldn't travel for

It's reassuring to know, that if I ever need to Emergency contact a Panthers supporter, Ill find every single one of them right here in this thread.
Oh, besides Big Mike, but I have a line with him anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back