Opinion Non-Crows AFL 6: This Is Getting Cruel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question surrounding magic round as it is a whole round being added on to the season and it states that any Club AFL member or AFL member can go to any of the games for free. Will Crows and Port still have their 11 home games + 1 "away" showdown + magic round meaning both teams will play 13 games in Adelaide next season?

Does it also mean as a crows member I realistically could go to the 6 games being played at Adelaide oval?

I have a question surrounding magic round as it is a whole round being added on to the season and it states that any Club AFL member or AFL member can go to any of the games for free. Will Crows and Port still have their 11 home games + 1 "away" showdown + magic round meaning both teams will play 13 games in Adelaide next season?

Does it also mean as a crows member I realistically could go to the 6 games being played at Adelaide oval?
I don’t think so, should be just club members of those games

Yep it’ll be 13 games in SA for us/Port (12 home games plus away Showdown).

As a Crows member, you’ll get into our game for free only.

Yep it’ll be 13 games in SA for us/Port (12 home games plus away Showdown).

As a Crows member, you’ll get into our game for free only.
Cheers! I'll definitely cough up some cash to go to a few others if the match ups are any good.

I'm not sure if this will work in terms of people showing up to the games and getting a good attendance turnout. Yes SA natives love football but we love our two teams. I'm not sure realistically how many Crows and Port members will buy tickets to the other games. Particularly if there are match ups like Gold Coast and Stkilda or Fremantle and GWS you'd think they'd be the regional games

Cheers! I'll definitely cough up some cash to go to a few others if the match ups are any good.

I'm not sure if this will work in terms of people showing up to the games and getting a good attendance turnout. Yes SA natives love football but we love our two teams. I'm not sure realistically how many Crows and Port members will buy tickets to the other games. Particularly if there are match ups like Gold Coast and Stkilda or Fremantle and GWS you'd think they'd be the regional games

I’m not sure if I’ll go to any of the Adelaide Oval games as a neutral, but I think going to a game in the Barossa would be quite the novelty.

I’m not sure if I’ll go to any of the Adelaide Oval games as a neutral, but I think going to a game in the Barossa would be quite the novelty.
For me, it'll come down to who's playing. I'd prefer to go the Barossa to watch a match, but I won't bother if it's North vs GWS, whereas I'd be much more inclined to go to Brisbane vs Richmond at AO.

Surely it would be in the AFL's best interest to offer Crows and Power fans discounts to attend the other games, just to even create the illusion that Magic Round is a big thing.

A half empty AO will not be a great spectacle.

You would think that crows and power will be both part of double headers so at least four games will have a decent crowd unless they empty the place out and expect you to pay (again)
Maybe cries and power in less popular timeslots to make other games. Ore appealing?

Or simplest for ticketing is prob our games standalone (so thurs and Friday night)

Then the double headers are 2 for price of 1 games.

No way our games are part of double headers without them emptying the stadium in between otherwise we will the stadium and club members / neutrals if the other game don’t get tickets.

A group of men have been arrested over alleged illegal Brownlow Medal betting linked to the 2022 count.

The Victorian Police's Sporting Integrity Intelligence Unit believes votes for the prestigious AFL award had been released prior to the count.

It is of the opinion that an AFL umpire is involved in the scandal and is under the microscope of the investigation.

“It’s alleged that a person with knowledge of the voting tally of these matches distributed the information to a group of people known to them,” a Victoria Police statement said.

As someone who punts on the AFL, it appears it "may" be linked to the betting on Karl Amon for the Browlow Medal. ie spot betting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Victoria Police Sporting Integrity Intelligence Unit investigation relates to the release of voting tallies in the AFL’s most prestigious award during the 2022 season.

“It’s alleged that a person with knowledge of the voting tally of these matches distributed the information to a group of people known to them,” a Victoria Police statement said.

Police said they were investigating how many matches may have had votes released and the size of bets involved.

It is believed an AFL umpire is under scrutiny as part of the probe.

The investigation is understood to centre on spot betting rather than the overall Brownlow result.

At least one match in the first half of the season has come under the microscope of investigators.

Amon beat Rozee by 1 vote, cost me PLENTY.

That was the one leg of a 13 leg multi that didn't get up.
He was at $151 to top Port's Brownlow votes.

Thats a big collection day for those who had inside info.

Ive posted on the Main forum the list of umpires for each round, as Im sure more information will come to light over the coming days.

In one of the most shocking results of the 2022 Brownlow Medal, Karl Amon led the count for Port Adelaide, despite having a probability of 0.1% to do so.

Amon finished one vote ahead of Connor Rozee, who our projections had as 92% chance of polling the most votes for Port Adelaide.

Although he was expected to start quietly, it began looking ominous for Rozee when he received no votes in Rounds 9 and 11, despite our model ranking him as the second-best player on the ground in each game.

With 3.5 votes going missing for Rozee in those matches alone, it only got worse in Round 15, with the All-Australian polling one vote despite being projected as 66.2% chance of getting three and recording the maximum 10 coaches' votes.

Round 17 truly ended all hope, with Rozee's 79.9% three-vote probability the single highest percentage to go unrewarded with all three votes for the entire 2022 AFL Brownlow Medal count.

The midfielder finished the night in positive fashion, with three votes in Round 23, but it was not enough as Amon took out Port's 2022 count by the narrowest of margins.

Amon's night included four three-vote games in which he had a 9.0% probability or less of receiving the most votes, according to our projections, with his three in Round 14 remarkably given just a 0.1% chance.

Port Adelaide's 2022 Brownlow Medal Leading Votes​

• 15 votes: Karl Amon
  • 14 votes: Connor Rozee
  • 13 votes: Ollie Wines
  • 11 votes: Sam Powell-Pepper
  • 10 votes: Travis Boak

Something dodgy going on with AFL umpiring?

I'm shocked to be sitting here
and yet magnanimous Crows-hating Crows 'supporters' tell me I can't blame the umpires on the occasions when we and other teams have been blatantly robbed, and in particular in important games at important times.

A group of men have been arrested over alleged illegal Brownlow Medal betting linked to the 2022 count.

The Victorian Police's Sporting Integrity Intelligence Unit believes votes for the prestigious AFL award had been released prior to the count.

It is of the opinion that an AFL umpire is involved in the scandal and is under the microscope of the investigation.

Heard through a source its either whetton or pell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back