Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

People need to understand the difference between the likelihood of causing injury and the actual result. I could trip over walking sober into the pub and break my leg, or drive home drunk afterwards with no incident. Which of those do you think is more likely to cause injury?

This is the inevitable result of the AFL starting with the outcome and working backwards to find an offence. I'm glad someone found a way to trip them up on this (no pun intended).

Am I the only one here that thought Cameron's tackle wasn't that bad?
I don’t have an issue with the tackle and think it should have been put down as unlucky outcome.

The problem I have is that the AFL has decided that anything that appears unsafe must be unsafe and you get outcomes like Harley’s this year, Nic Nat not calculating his weight ratio correctly and the Gov being suspended as he should have known the ball was out of play when he shoved someone, even though it was pretty marginal.

Cameron looked like he put a bit of extra mayo on the tackle and good on him. We were once taught to go hard until the whistle blows, to put physical pressure on opponents.

But the real kicker is that under the current AFL system, everything can and is manipulated to whatever whim the AFL has on a case by case basis. Good fella Dangerfield goes hard, carry on. Cotchin chooses to bump in a prelim, carry on. Young fella Harley, ooh that looked dangerous. Take a break for a couple of weeks. Charlie Cameron, good fella defence. Barrass, ah you were so close to the good fella defence but fell a few games short.

So, not only do players now need to predict how games will unfold to decide whether to tackle hard or not, they also have to hope the outcome is not too bad and that they will fit into some narrative the AFL seems to be concocting.

Think About It GIF by Big Potato Games

They'll use the closeness of this season to justify it and ignore the fact that it's close because there are only two teams that are any good.
Plus 3 shit sides in 2024.

Last 2 or 3 years are all out of whack due to North and us Inflating everyone's wins stats and %

This wildcard idea is a joke!

History books will show a crappy 10th placed side played a final

Honestly, a final 8 is bad enough.

Top 6 out of 18 would feel like a true achievement making finals.

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben McKay has zero composure.

His handballing is like he has a blindfold on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back