List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

• List Manager Matt Clarke appeared on Gettable - Click spoiler below for summary
    On the draft: "We predicted that the draft was strong, but it's probably gotten stronger during the year."

On top end of draft: "You could probably make five or six different choices and get it right."

On Pick 3: "I reckon there's five (players) around that mark."

On splitting: "I think you want to hold an early selection if you can. The depth of this group allows you to maybe have some movement there, and see what you can do to bring in more talent in the first 20-25 picks. Easier said than done, and I think most clubs would be saying the same thing. We'll see what we can do."

On Liam Baker: "He's still yet to make a decision. They're still weighing up a few things. We'd love to get Liam on board from what he offers from a talent and leadership point of view. We understand where we're at as a group, we're rebuilding our group, we need to add some guys in the middle tier to support our young group."

On Jack Graham: "We've got a number of players that we're speaking to. A bit of a wait and see on that one as well. We'll talk to a number of guys."

On Shai Bolton: "I think it will be difficult for anybody, really. He's heavily contracted and a high quality player."

On James Peatling: "He's heavily involved in a finals series at the moment so I don't want to comment too much on it, but I think there's a number of guys that have been playing really good footy this year that could suit what we do and what other clubs do. He's taken his footy to another level this year."

On Tom Barrass: "We've had an early discussion with Hawthorn about it, they understand where we're at. He's nominated Hawthorn as his ideal destination. We want what we think he's worth, as a genuine key back in the competition that can do what he can do. We're obviously mindful of getting an appropriate deal for West Coast."

On Tom Clurey: "Maybe (note: sounded very non enthused). We'd probably need some key back depth, whether that's through the draft or trade and free agency."

On Jack Darling: "We've had initial discussions with his management group about (moving). We're open to talking, as we are with all of our players, but Jack's contracted with us."

On Liam Ryan: "I expect him to be at West Coast next year, yes." (The most definitive answer of the day by a mile, a non-starter of a talking point.)

On out of contact players e.g. Rotham, Witherden, Jones: "We're still working through what it looks like from a list point of view, and how many selections we'll want to have, and players that may come in and potentially may go out. You might want to give a coach an opportunity to look at these guys."

On Harley Reid: "We've had discussions most of the year with his management group. I think it sits in a really good place. We're open to doing really whatever they want to do to be honest. We're really confident in building the right system around Harley, on and off field, to make sure that he's really comfortable, that he's going to play his best footy, and his long term future."

On Jake Waterman's new deal: "Yep, really close. We're working really closely with his management on that. I expect that we'll have something done pretty soon."

On Oscar Allen: "We've been talking with Oscar and his manager most of the year on that one. We're going through some stuff at the moment. I think we'll be ok with that one."

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, i didnt want him and wanted a complete change not because he is a bad coach but not a great fit for Richmond
He had been at the club a while and was chummy with all the players and almost a Dimma light.

Just felt the club needed a new voice and a complete change but if Dimma had left 18 months earlier he would have been the clear choice to take over and we would all have been happy with that,

But i think he would be a good choice for the eagles for the next 3-4 years as the rebuilding coach is rarely the coach thats there in 5 years time.

benefit would be he would be cheap experienced assistant to rebuild and the cost would enable the club to have higher quality development and assistants

We recently pissed off Teague and brought back Caracalla because we can now afford to pay him more but couldnt due to Dimma's contract

Esentially he will be a good bridging coach for the eagles and if by some chance he becomes the next Hardwick - Bonus
But the players will love him and thats why Graham & baker will select the eagles

Ohh whilst im here why wouldnt you guys take Kamdyn McIntosh as well bloody good clubman on nin salary and free agent as well as a WA man
Surely he’s retiring? He’s looked beyond cooked whenever I’ve seen him this year.

Surely he’s retiring? He’s looked beyond cooked whenever I’ve seen him this year.
I dont think the way we use him suit our game style now that we dont have the talent and the injuries that we had
But played as a pure winger he would be fine and still has the speed and tank and at his size is a beast
Would be great for 1-2 years on the big wide ground optus specially if not used to defend the fat side of the ground

Hey he is free and has size and experience and would be in your best 23

You utter, utter campaigner.

Clint Eastwood Nod GIF by GritTV

The strong wind made clean passages of play nearly impossible and turned most of this game into a scrap, but Langford thrives in that kind environment. He used his strength and physicality at the contest attacking the ball and the man in equal measure, at times he and James Barrett threatened to turn it into a boxing match. He found a stack of footy as he always does, and hit the scoreboard at crucial times to help his Stingrays to build a lead and take the victory.

Was being beaten at half time by Barrat who unfortunately was pushed forward in the third to try to take advantage of the wind and then back in the last in a last ditch attempt to save the game. There was a couple times during the game when Langford was caught red handed (and you can see it in your compiled footage) but the umpires didn't pay the blatant HTB against him.
Langford ran amok in the last quarter but refused to do any defensive running basically all game and his stats are better than his game was live (which was still good).

Last edited:
Jacob Blight MSD pick 2024, hasn't signed an extension. Rumour is WCE are looking at him as cheap Barass replacement.
Anyone heard anything.
His girlfriend is Georgia Clever.

Lock it in then.

So with the news on extensions, I make the outs as being

Main List
Going (2)
Barrass - in contract but requested Hawthorn
Gaff - retired

Out of contract (6)
LEdwards - expecting to be a medical retirement
Witherden - will have to wait and see
Jones - will have to wait and see
Rotham - will have to wait and see
Baker - moving to the senior list is probably his death knoll
Burgiel - will have to wait and see

Rookie List
Out of contract (2)
Trew - will have to wait and see
Culley - will have to wait and see

Our list size was 1 over par as Hutchinson was added with Long on the LTI list

I have added some speculative trades and trade currency

1725270757399.png

So if the above happen, we have 2 spots for a new rookie or re-rookie one of the uncontracted

So with the news on extensions, I make the outs as being

Main List
Going (2)
Barrass - in contract but requested Hawthorn
Gaff - retired

Out of contract (6)
LEdwards - expecting to be a medical retirement
Witherden - will have to wait and see
Jones - will have to wait and see
Rotham - will have to wait and see
Baker - moving to the senior list is probably his death knoll
Burgiel - will have to wait and see

Rookie List
Out of contract (2)
Trew - will have to wait and see
Culley - will have to wait and see

Our list size was 1 over par as Hutchinson was added with Long on the LTI list

I have added some speculative trades and trade currency

View attachment 2099099

So if the above happen, we have 2 spots for a new rookie or re-rookie one of the uncontracted

Good list. Makes things clearer but….

Baker is on the rookie list- he was moved there from the Cat B list to make room for Livingstone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF Mac Andrew $12 mill. Surely this is a joke

From that article

Alex Davies

“Collingwood and Geelong have lodged an interest, but nothing more than that. The Suns have offered a two-year deal, but Davies wants to play senior footy.”

Turns out Alex, that I know a place where you’d definitely get to play senior footy on a weekly basis

And it’s in a city with a climate much more like the Gold Coast than Melbourne or Geelong

From that article

Alex Davies

“Collingwood and Geelong have lodged an interest, but nothing more than that. The Suns have offered a two-year deal, but Davies wants to play senior footy.”

Turns out Alex, that I know a place where you’d definitely get to play senior footy on a weekly basis

And it’s in a city with a climate much more like the Gold Coast than Melbourne or Geelong
Phil go rattle his cage

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back