Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2022, part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They can’t even blame Castagna or Aarts.

Vote for Balta 👍
Fun story:

I once got infracted for saying I’d vote on the Richmond board poll, even when I didn’t. That’s how sensitive they are. 😬

They couldn't beat Richmond who, minus tackling pressure, played like a 9th-12th team.
That was some of the worst football this year. Best result and the right result.

Fremantle should have ran over the top of them in the last but had no idea what to do and Richmond should have stolen the win but don't know how to win at the moment.

#playon

They couldn't beat Richmond who, minus tackling pressure, played like a 9th-12th team.
If you are not worried about this Tigers team in September, you are very ballsy.
They are still a threat.
Bring in Lynch, Dusty, and their experience- I would not want to play tem in an Elim final.
Recall, it took a miracle possession by Henry to get the win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you are not worried about this Tigers team in September, you are very ballsy.
They are still a threat.
Bring in Lynch, Dusty, and their experience- I would not want to play tem in an Elim final.
Nah we should have won the game early and should have put them to bed when we were dominating the last quarter. We weren't lucky, just grinded it out and got the reward.

A draw is a shite result
If all games from now on go as expected then:

This draw knocks Freo out of the top 4, will finish 2 points behind the Lions and the Swans. Is that good/bad for us? Well it matches us up against Sydney most likely due to our % compared to Melbourne's, and their % compared to Brisbane's. The % difference between Sydney and Brisbane isn't that big, so if the Swans smacked a couple of teams (they play Adelaide and North, also play Saints in the last round), they'd jump Brisbane into 3rd. Now I think about it, that almost seems likely (Brisbane don't have any obvious % boosting games, they do play Richmond and St Kilda, but they also play Melbourne who could smack them in rd23 as a tune up for finals).

Dogs, Saints and Suns are the remaining challengers for 8th spot against the Tigers. All three if they win as expected will finish on 44 points. I suspect one of them might pull out a surprise and go up to 48 points.

I have Richmond realistically finishing as high as with 50 points. So even if those 3 teams above can manage 48, it might not be enough.

There's still plenty to play for in the lead up to finals.

They are still a threat.
I'm not worried about them in September because they'll be on holiday.

Bulldogs, flaws and all, are a better football side and will take 8th.

If all games from now on go as expected then:

This draw knocks Freo out of the top 4, will finish 2 points behind the Lions and the Swans. Is that good/bad for us? Well it matches us up against Sydney most likely due to our % compared to Melbourne's, and their % compared to Brisbane's. The % difference between Sydney and Brisbane isn't that big, so if the Swans smacked a couple of teams (they play Adelaide and North, also play Saints in the last round), they'd jump Brisbane into 3rd. Now I think about it, that almost seems likely (Brisbane don't have any obvious % boosting games, they do play Richmond and St Kilda, but they also play Melbourne who could smack them in rd23 as a tune up for finals).

Dogs, Saints and Suns are the remaining challengers for 8th spot against the Tigers. All three if they win as expected will finish on 44 points. I suspect one of them might pull out a surprise and go up to 48 points.

I have Richmond realistically finishing as high as with 50 points. So even if those 3 teams above can manage 48, it might not be enough.

There's still plenty to play for in the lead up to finals.
I think there's a strong chance Richmond go 2-2 from their last 4.

Brisbane should beat them and Port at Adelaide have been dealing with sides around Richmond's level. Hawthorn and Essendon are still danger games for a team playing this poorly.

They are still a threat.

There's a bit of uncertainty around Martin even returning this season - he's had a setback with his hamstring injury, with a best case scenario being he's available round 23...He's been struggling to run at 40%->50%, before a set back this week

I'd prefer to focus on our players and their availablity, rather than contemplate what-ifs for other teams where there's a lot of unknowns

No loss for us tonight with either result.
Freo loss- helps us for a top 4
Tigers loss- they are almost done for the 8.
A draw is a shite result

Not if you put your cold hard cash on the Mighty Magpies to make the top 4 - like i did 3 weeks back

Coll 14% below Dockers - so the 2pts to the Dockers tonight is totally irrelevant to Coll

As long as they beat Ess - and that might be alot harder than it looks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back