Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2022, part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FqP-dQxakAAHx9m

Spewing Egan didn’t end up in this team. Would have easily shutdown their F50 players. Milburn undersized against Lucas
Yeah that makes it tricky, because Lucas could do serious damage. Harley might have to shift to him but a Taylor/Egan/Lonergan type would've been ideal.

As good as Mooney was that year and promising that N.Ablett was, imagine throwing Hawkins and Cameron into that Geelong team. It was already scary, but it would've gone to another level.

Yeah that makes it tricky, because Lucas could do serious damage. Harley might have to shift to him but a Taylor/Egan/Lonergan type would've been ideal.

As good as Mooney was that year and promising that N.Ablett was, imagine throwing Hawkins and Cameron into that Geelong team. It was already scary, but it would've gone to another level.
Out: Nablett and mooney and stokes

In: Cameron and Hawkins and Stengles

Harley would have gone on Lucas, not Milburn.

Our midfield would have absolutely ****ing battered them.

Hawkins could have been included as he was on the list that year of course, but not in the GF side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 x Co-Captains
1 x Vice Captain
8 x additional members in the leadership group

Guessing Brisbane wants to make sure they have half a dozen plus "leaders" on the ground the whole time

Though it does make our C & VC leadership group look a little small...

It's too big a group.

Leadership means means being accountable and shared accountability is a self contradiction.

Might end up winning the lot but this leadership structure will not have helped

I'm confused. I counted several times and I still can't quite see that there's 23 of them in this photo. What am I missing?

:cool:
2023 leaders.

Cotchin up to his old tricks again I see. Odds on he only gets a fine though.

Cotchin is protected when it comes to the MRP.

Carlton would be happy if he escaped suspension, he's cooked.

The Dees do look good, will be a handful this year.

I think everything that could go wrong did go wrong for them last year. They completely lost their forward structure once McDonald went down and when they hit the finals their midfield were playing injured. My only knock would be whether Goodwin is smart enough as a coach to manage Gawn/Grundy/Brown effectively. It has potential to be an anchor for them IMO if he doesn't get it right. I think it will either work well or be a disaster when it matters, not much middle ground.

Dunno if Hawthorn being within a kick of the Pies with 3 minutes remaining after being smashed by us last week means anything in the bigger scheme of things. I'm guessing not, but here's hoping.

Nah, praccy match and scratch matches mean nothing. The Pies will be up for Rd 1. And its going to be a close match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back