Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2023, part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was a bright spot in an otherwise dark future for Richmond? They don't seem like the sort of club where this would factor into delisting discussions at any rate.

What would we do if Dempsey did a similar thing on the weekend?

I'm all for throwing the book at any player of any club who does this kind of thing (ours included) but I'm not sure if delisting would be a consequence in most clubs.

Not much said on the tigers board , other than the 5+ weeks being a Richmond tax

They are a special lot over there

I would be embarrassed if it was a Geelong player who did that - there's nothing tough about it, it's not a footy act or show of strength

Deserves an extended stay on the sidelines

Did Stringer ever get a game for us again?
After his arrest in 2012, it was 12 months before his next senior game

In total it was 11 games following his arrest before he was delisted - but not sure if he was ever actually charged

I'm all for throwing the book at any player of any club who does this kind of thing (ours included) but I'm not sure if delisting would be a consequence in most clubs.

I don't think it would be the reason you delisted someone, but it might tip the balance if you were thinking about it.

20yrs old and contracted at Richmond through to 2025 - how tolerant of that type of action will they be, or will they be trying to get him off their books sooner than later

Prob wrap their arms around him ...that's how footy clubs work alot of the time .

They would say the same for Stewart on meatball.

But punch on footy feild ....= Weeks.

Punch in the street charged with assault.

Stewart you can construe as a football act - milliseconds in it.

This, not so much.

Easier to delist a youngster than a best 22 player...

If that was Whyte, then he likely doesn't get a new contract but if it's Stewart/Henry/Holmes/Guthrie etc, you tell them to serve their time and maybe a few additional club punishments such as community service working with victims of one-punch trauma (similar to Stevie J who was given community service with road trauma victims after one of his speeding charges)

I would be embarrassed if it was a Geelong player who did that - there's nothing tough about it, it's not a footy act or show of strength

Deserves an extended stay on the sidelines
It's purely to injur his opponent. I was always embarrassed by the blokes defending Dasher's bump on Silvagni.

Sonsie has since been charged with striking, graded intentional, severe and high contact. He was referred directly to the VFL Tribunal and is facing a minimum sanction of five games.

And

Sonsie had been in line for a possible senior recall in the final round after playing a starring role in that VFL clash.

He finished with a team-high 23 disposals, three clearances, two inside 50s and a goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

20yrs old and contracted at Richmond through to 2025 - how tolerant of that type of action will they be, or will they be trying to get him off their books sooner than later
Very much out of character. Shocked to see that. Not that it lessens the gravity, but was there any resultant jaw damage?

Very much out of character. Shocked to see that. Not that it lessens the gravity, but was there any resultant jaw damage?

No idea on injury to the North player - I’ve tried looking that up and all that I could see mentioned is that after spending a period of time on the ground, he was able to get to his feet and take the free kick

But there’s barely been any mention of him in any of the articles I’ve read - they’ve all had a strong focus on the Tigers player who threw the punch

LOL, is this for real?

F4GA4ZgbQAA2Adr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back