Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2023, part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else watching the interview with Bomber Thompson on Footy Classified?

So good to see him again! I know he's a strange unit but I ******* love this man. Absolute Cats legend. šŸ˜

Pity he fell of the rails ..
Yep strange cat/unit .

This decision might be enough for thousands more parents with young kids to steer them in the direction of soccer as the preferred school or weekend sport.
You can just see the AFL responding to that 'concern' by coming out with a suitably low-key announcement in early December that will see yet another tweak to the interpretation of guidelines around player contact, 'in the interests of player welfare'.

Will be a clear case of shutting the door after the horse has bolted with respect to this case, and will provide little solace to Brayshaw and those who care for him. But will absolutely suit the league's agenda to both protect their greatest club asset and also supposedly do all they can to ensure the safety of all participants in the game of Australian Rules Football.

With decisions like the one taken on Tuesday night, the AFL again underlines that they absolutely deserve the tsunami of legal action that is going to come their way from players living with a permanent impairment as a consequence of the league's inaction and duplicity regarding the issue of contact to the head.

#rulesforsome
#neverchangeafl
#lookoutthelawyersarecoming

What id love Cat 09 - or one of the other moderators who are clever on the computer stuff - to put on this topic - re discussion the Maynard - Brayshaw incident - and my view straight away was - he was trying to smother the ball - and thats why he had a legit reason to be off the ground - so i posted it was an unfortunate football incident - but he will be cleared and not suspended if he is cited - and thats excatly what happened

But id love someone to put here - what these same posters who are posting on this incident - what they posted re the Patrick Dangerfield - Nick Vaustin incident - where one player got knocked out - Kod in a Grand Final - and everyone knows Danger isnt a dirty player - yes he was caught in an awkward position and he did have to protect himself - but he did use the elbow - Maynard didnt use the forearm

And then we will find out how many hypocrits there are - simply because of the colours the respective players are wearing - one bloke is in blue and white hoops - and the other one happens to be wearing vertical black and white stripes - and you will find that makes a hell of a difference

What id love Cat 09 - or one of the other moderators who are clever on the computer stuff - to put on this topic - re discussion the Maynard - Brayshaw incident - and my view straight away was - he was trying to smother the ball - and thats why he had a legit reason to be off the ground - so i posted it was an unfortunate football incident - but he will be cleared and not suspended if he is cited - and thats excatly what happened

But id love someone to put here - what these same posters who are posting on this incident - what they posted re the Patrick Dangerfield - Nick Vaustin incident - where one player got knocked out - Kod in a Grand Final - and everyone knows Danger isnt a dirty player - yes he was caught in an awkward position and he did have to protect himself - but he did use the elbow - Maynard didnt use the forearm

And then we will find out how many hypocrits there are - simply because of the colours the respective players are wearing - one bloke is in blue and white hoops - and the other one happens to be wearing vertical black and white stripes - and you will find that makes a hell of a difference
Absolutely no chance of that GOB.....sorry

I thought this was a forum for expressing opinions. But, no, apparently itā€™s about being ā€˜rightā€™.

Sad that people canā€™t cope with other people having different opinions to them and have to resort to calling the other people names.

We all have a bit of hypocrite in us. Anyone who thinks they donā€™t is kidding themselves.

Not sure where else to put this but good for a laugh. Tracks Brownies multis that's he puts up as advertisements for sportsbet.

Down $580 odd for the year putting hypothetical $20 on all bets.

Chances are you're about to lose.

Someone was tracking it on one of the mainboard threads.

Shocked that taking a 5 leg multi from individual markets that are probably set at 140% each ends up a bloodbath....

Schools should do better teaching probability and products like same game multi would never exist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure where else to put this but good for a laugh. Tracks Brownies multis that's he puts up as advertisements for sportsbet.

That's gold. Always wondered how his tips worked out.

Xavier O'Neill
Greg Clark
Connor West
Isiah Winder
Sam Petrevski-Seton

Didn't really care who won the flag this year, but after seeing a clip of tomato face McGuire shouting out "JUSTICE HAS BEEN SERVED" to a room full of people like a flog after Maynard got off. Anyone but Collingwood. * them.
Of course he was at a restaurant. Eating. Where else would he beā€¦

Last edited:

Wonder if anyone has been tracking the multi on Front Bar?

Too shattered after that game to post about a MRO/tribunal decision that was only going to affect the first few rounds of 2021.

I do remember hearing the knock when it happened at the ground from a long way away and thinking he'll miss a few. no slo-mo replays at that moment. More than that though, I was left thinking about 1989. I saw it as a sign of weakness. We were looking for advantages to win that game other than playing our natural game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back