Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

What a mare Boak is having

Boak has been an amazing player but his body is done.
Dixon is also cooked both are finished.

I cannot believe port have sav contracted til 2028 as a failed fwd and spuds like narkle and evans and mcentee on the list.

Whoever the new coach is needs an aggresive list turnover.

Does Longmire go past Scott in coach rankings if Sydney win this year's flag?

Same number of premierships if the Swans win but Longmire is about to make his 5th Grand Final in 15 years compared to 3 or 4 in 14 for Scott.

Scott & Longmire have been coaching the same number of years - it's the 14th season in charge for both coaches

Scott's first game in charge was Friday 25 March 2011 - the 1 point win over St Kilda, 48-47

Longmire's first match was Sunday 27 March 2011 - an 84-84 draw against Melbourne

The alt question may be - IF Sydney don't win the premiership this year, where to for Sydney & Longmire and does he have the ability to take them the next step?

Port are the worst standard top 4 team ive seen in the modern era.

And sydney are very grettable
We will regret it if we dont win the flag from here.

Huge opportunity, must get the job done tomorrow night, swans will be a tougher task than ‘22 this time around but I’d back us in.

Port are pox.

Genuine question: is there a worse-performing "star" player in finals than Travis Boak? I know there's a whole bunch of lesser lights who go to water in September, but in terms of supposedly well-credentialed, big name players, I can't think of anyone who chokes on the big stage more than Boak. His whole career in finals has been like this.

Even in terms of his goalkeeping accuracy in finals, his record is hilarious. 18 career finals for 5 goals and 17 (!!!) behinds. The epitome of the word "choke". When an alleged leader of your club produces that in finals, no wonder they have struggled this time of year.

I cannot believe port have sav contracted til 2028 as a failed fwd and spuds like narkle and evans and mcentee on the list.

The CEO should be joining Hinkley in leaving the club if they were being honest …but i secretly hope he gets a multi year contract just to watch the supporters burn the club down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott & Longmire have been coaching the same number of years - it's the 14th season in charge for both coaches

Scott's first game in charge was Friday 25 March 2011 - the 1 point win over St Kilda, 48-47

Longmire's first match was Sunday 27 March 2011 - an 84-84 draw against Melbourne

The alt question may be - IF Sydney don't win the premiership this year, where to for Sydney & Longmire and does he have the ability to take them the next step?

If they lose next week that’ll be 4 consecutive GF defeats for horse.

And to think a player as cooked as Dixon is still having a better game the Ratugolea.

Has Sav taken a mark? All of seen is the ball bouncing off his chest and hands as though there trampolines.

Genuine question: is there a worse-performing "star" player in finals than Travis Boak? I know there's a whole bunch of lesser lights who go to water in September, but in terms of supposedly well-credentialed, big name players, I can't think of anyone who chokes on the big stage more than Boak. His whole career in finals has been like this.

Even in terms of his goalkeeping accuracy in finals, his record is hilarious. 18 career finals for 5 goals and 17 (!!!) behinds. The epitome of the word "choke". When an alleged leader of your club produces that in finals, no wonder they have struggled this time of year.

Not one shred of sympathy- we wasted 3 airline fares visiting him, he had his chance.

They're structural players. You pay them to avoid having to invest in another one for close to a decade. Their value isn't captured in their raw stats. They change how you play.

I get that but the value proposition doesnt work if hes perenially injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back