Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone hear Gerard Whateley say “are we ready for hawthorn to be successful again?” On afl 360? Or words to that effect. I think it was more of a dig at their fans rather than the team.

I mentioned Gerard’s comment to a family member who supports hawthorn, and they took offence. One thing that seems quite common with hawks fans is they lose their sense of humour if you joke about hawthorn.

They've all come out from under the rocks.
Can't remember the last time talking to my Hawks mates that they wanted to talk about the footy or Hawthorn outside a passing comment but now they're all "HokBall", "Wizard" "Ginny" blah blah blah

Where were they all for the last 6/7 years? Fickle as hell! Gosh i hope Port or Swans smash em.
Their fans today on SEN were unbearable. Already talking about Premierships...in a Semi Final 🤦‍♂️

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by Carolina Hurricanes

Can't remember the last time talking to my Hawks mates that they wanted to talk about the footy or Hawthorn outside a passing comment but now they're all "HokBall", "Wizard" "Ginny" blah blah blah

Where were they all for the last 6/7 years? Fickle as hell! Gosh i hope Port or Swans smash em.
Their fans today on SEN were unbearable. Already talking about Premierships...in a Semi Final 🤦‍♂️

I don't know how enthusiastic I'd be about footy if we were languishing down the bottom of the ladder.

Luckily I can't remember the last time we were 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So bloody glad I'm not in my old job anymore because one of the bosses was the absolute worst kind of w***er Hawthorn supporter.
Every excuse under the sun when they turned shit and seemed to take more joy out of Geelong losing than Hawthorn winning.

Only time Ive missed working there was missing out on how much 2022 would have killed him inside (and doing my part to make it worse)

I don't know how enthusiastic I'd be about footy if we were languishing down the bottom of the ladder.

Luckily I can't remember the last time we were 🤣

Yeah lucky us :tearsofjoy:

No matter how good or bad we are i'll always be invested.
Looking at the next crop of young stars if you're down the bottom, watching under 18's footy to see who we could pick up in the Draft...

Or up the top competing for Premierships, i will always be invested in this club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back