Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Who cares? If it takes little ginny to fire Port up maybe he should be their coach.
You’re missing the point.
Look I don’t personally care what he wrote on social media, but why would you want to even give the opposition ANY ammunition at all.
Obviously it won’t be their main motivation but it will add something that’s for sure.

I’ve been impressed by Hawks performance but it has me staggered how the media hyping them up for a flag
They are the new and exciting thing whereas Geelong, Sydney, Bris, Port, GWS are old news

If this had been the 4th year in a row that the Hawks made finals and the first time that Sydney/Bris etc had for 8 years or so they would be all over them instead.

Clubs really be handing out 6+ year deals like candy these days...

At the rate deals lengths are going up by 2035-240 deals will be 8-12 years

Exactly

By the end of their first season, we'll see new draftees sign 10yr extensions to lock them in as one club players

At least Weitering is actually worth a 6 year deal especially if it means it's slightly lower value. It's very hard to see how you can't build your defence around him for the next 6 years.

It's guys with obvious weaknesses in their game like Parish getting 6 years or Naughton getting 9 years that is wild. Or Ratugolea getting 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least Weitering is actually worth a 6 year deal especially if it means it's slightly lower value. It's very hard to see how you can't build your defence around him for the next 6 years.

It's guys with obvious weaknesses in their game like Parish getting 6 years or Naughton getting 9 years that is wild. Or Ratugolea getting 5.
Did Sav get 5 years? I thought it was 3

That’s amazing for him doubt he gets another contract

😂 Greene & Papley fined for wrestling each other

View attachment 2105239

nicki minaj fight GIF

Did Sav get 5 years? I thought it was 3

That’s amazing for him doubt he gets another contract

5 year deal

And I saw more than a few Geelong fans who last year wanted us to match the offer from Port or even add additional year to give him a 6 year deal just so we wouldn't lose him

I know some really love him or the idea of what he couple of be - but I don't see how he was worth close to 5 years on the money he signed for

Tried so hard not to laugh, feel so despondent for Chuckie.

Snorked when I saw this
laugh surprise GIF
Having seen most of the Child's Play movies I just couldn't resist! I do feel bad for Gary though. At least if he is forced to retire he'll do so a Premiership player (against his old side, to boot) and nobody can take that away from him!

Thoughts...

Details from the Herald Sun:

This masthead can reveal Mac Andrew has put pen to paper on the richest deal in AFL history to remain on the Gold Coast long term and spearhead the Suns’ pursuit of an elusive premiership.

It is understood Andrew’s new deal is for six years with a games trigger for a further four years, netting him between $12-$14m based on various clauses.

It would see him play in the red, blue and gold into his 30s.

The contract, brokered by Pacific Sports Management, gives the Suns a level of protection should the worst happen and Andrew suffer a career-ending injury, while also ensuring a fit and firing Andrew will be well compensated during the peak of his playing career.

In totality the contract would be the richest deal in AFL history, eclipsing the likes of Dustin Martin and Lance Franklin’s lucrative contracts at Richmond and Sydney respectively.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back