Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks list is very inexperienced you could see that in their last game , Port will want redemption and have some actual finals experience

Hawks will get a thumping imo

I thought they were clinical in the way they dismantled the Dogs.....

But then the loss of Frost and Mackenzie creates some forced changes which will unsettle them just that little bit.

On the flip side, you'd expect Port to be fired up after their debacle last week, and the comment by Ginnivan this week.

But it's Port??

I expect the Hawks will go hard at Butters too, and if his ribs don't hold up, and JHF, Rozee etc yet again fail to fire a shot they're going to be in trouble. Give Hawthorn a sniff if blood and they'll pounce.

Nevertheless, hope springs eternal so I'm on the Port train nonetheless.

Good for the rest of the comp.

He is wasting that list. Clearly the most talented list in the game, and he has consistently been outcoached by the strong tactical coaches.

He is a good “vibes” guy, players seem to like him but he isn’t a tactician. He would be suited to a Neil Balme style director of football job.

Long may he stay as brisbanes coach.

Wasn't that the type of role he had at Hawthorn when they three-peated?

When he left Hawthorn to move to Brisbane, I think they missed him & the role he played more than was really mentioned

Phil Ward just said on SEN that Port's midfield versus Geelong's midfield was like a Ferrari versus a Datsun, and the Datsun won. I was gobsmacked. Geelong's midfield is hardly a Datsun. Even that guy, Horne for Champion Data, has said this belief that Geelong's midfield is not up to the standard of the other finalists is crap. Paddy and now Max are A graders, and Geelong is the best side in the league according to the stats at playing chaos football. The way the media continues to underestimate Geelong is hilarious.

Phil Ward just said on SEN that Port's midfield versus Geelong's midfield was like a Ferrari versus a Datsun, and the Datsun won. I was gobsmacked. Geelong's midfield is hardly a Datsun. Even that guy, Horne for Champion Data, has said this belief that Geelong's midfield is not up to the standard of the other finalists is crap. Paddy and now Max are A graders, and Geelong is the best side in the league according to the stats at playing chaos football. The way the media continues to underestimate Geelong is hilarious.
Happy for everyone to keep underestimating our midfield.

People assuming that Hawks will falter due to being young and inexperienced would do well to see that last week they were on average nearly the same age and experience as Port.

Average age last week 25y2m against 25y10m

Both have 6 players under 50 games. Port 7 players 50-99 against Hawks 8. Port 3 players 100-149 against Hawks 2.

Average total games Port 109 against Hawks 100.

These lists are in the same place for age and experience

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People assuming that Hawks will falter due to being young and inexperienced would do well to see that last week they were on average nearly the same age and experience as Port.

Average age last week 25y2m against 25y10m

Both have 6 players under 50 games. Port 7 players 50-99 against Hawks 8. Port 3 players 100-149 against Hawks 2.

Average total games Port 109 against Hawks 100.

These lists are in the same place for age and experience

Yep, they have very similar profiles, with one riding a wave and the other having to contend with a lot of self doubt.

I would laugh if the Bulldogs hold a press conference over the next week or so to advise of a coaching change - I also wouldn't be surprised to see it happen
There is simply no way Bevo leaves over this off-season. He's adored by the people that matter at that footy club and can seemingly do no wrong in their eyes.

So he'll either get another extension in the next few months or end up out the door after the bye next year when they're spinning their wheels and he's weeks off completing his coaching contract.

Either way, I believe he's virtually no chance of leaving before the pointy end of 2025.

I would laugh if the Bulldogs hold a press conference over the next week or so to advise of a coaching change - I also wouldn't be surprised to see it happen
Just fully troll the media and do a big announcement, get behind the microphone and tell everyone you're churning the assistants again

What makes you so confident?
People are pumping up hawthorn because of some decent form (against putrid teams) and a finals win against the bulldogs who were terrible. I was gobsmacked at how bad the bulldogs were last week. I was pleased because they were a team I did not want Geelong to play again, but it only reinforced how flaky they are under Bevo.

Hawthorn have been put under pressure twice in the last 9 weeks. Once by Geelong and they got smoked, and once in the last qtr against gws and they folded like a deck chair.

Don’t get me wrong, they have flogged some average teams (like you should against average teams, especially when you are a cocky young team that is flexing newly found biceps) but I just don’t think they have been tested yet.

I know that port were terrible last week after half time, but I just can’t see them playing that badly at home two weeks in a row.

This is it for port, they will go as hard as they possibly can, and I think they will beat hawthorn.

Then they will get killed by the swans the following week.

People are pumping up hawthorn because of some decent form (against putrid teams) and a finals win against the bulldogs who were terrible. I was gobsmacked at how bad the bulldogs were last week. I was pleased because they were a team I did not want Geelong to play again, but it only reinforced how flaky they are under Bevo.

Hawthorn have been put under pressure twice in the last 9 weeks. Once by Geelong and they got smoked, and once in the last qtr against gws and they folded like a deck chair.

Don’t get me wrong, they have flogged some average teams (like you should against average teams, especially when you are a cocky young team that is flexing newly found biceps) but I just don’t think they have been tested yet.

I know that port were terrible last week after half time, but I just can’t see them playing that badly at home two weeks in a row.

This is it for port, they will go as hard as they possibly can, and I think they will beat hawthorn.

Burton is a big loss for Port

I've held the same opinion that the Hawks will wilt under pressure but unfortunately I'm still waiting for it to happen

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back