Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

That's fine - player to player stuff is fine provided it isn't racist/homophobic etc.

Ken's actions were wrong, he's admitted it, the AFL will agree and he'll be fined. People in here will think he's hard done by for some reason šŸ˜

It's a testosterone charged environment.

Did Ginnivan 'bully' PA by blatantly disregarding them going into this game?

Did Hinkley 'bully' Ginnivan by pointing out post game that he was so obviously wrong?

He needs to settle down, I felt he was overly aggressive and seething.

He supports his team having showmanship and gets annoyed at a coach having a go at one of his players. Own it, he can be angry at Ken but he needs to own their shitstirring, right now their reaction is weak, itā€™s like the big jock who laughs at everyone but gets upset when someone gives it back to them.
Can give it out but can't take it. Coward

Hinkley recognised post game that he probably didn't react as he wanted or should've, but there was a lot of emotion going into the game, and it's hard to pinpoint where and how it started.

In honesty, I didn't like the look, but then Ginnivan blatantly disrespected them on social media for all the world to see, so it isn't hard to see how / why they took to him when he / Hawthorn failed to walk the talk.

Hawthorn failed. They ain't gonna see Sydney in 14 days.

Not hard to see why Hinkley threw it back in their face on the back of a close, emotionally charged game.

He is human after all.

Give this poster a Gold watch

Thats it , it was a knockout final , there was plenty riding on the result , Port live for at least another week , and im afraid for Hawthorn , its mothballs for season 2024

No emotion doesnā€™t get brought into an overreaction to a social media post that didnā€™t matter ā€¦if thatā€™s triggering a senior coach to antagonise a player/team after the siren in a win then he deserves a lot of scrutiny for his behaviour

Ginni is a flog and will rightly ..albeit a bit too late ..be told to pull his head in with the social media stuff ect but at the end of the day heā€™s a immature kid

Whatā€™s Kenny excuse? Old enough to know better and an actual leader of thw club

Kenny's emotional response to Ginnivan's lack of respect fired his team's win tonight.

Fair play; the Hawks took a huge stride forward this year.

They have a lot of hope for the future; Sam Mitchell - loathsome swine though he may be - has quickly proven his bona fides as an AFL coach.

Their list seemingly has holes - and yet they were nigh on irresistible in the back end of this season.

I didn't fancy the prospect of facing them in a Final.

If they complete the Barrass/Battle trades leading into 2025, then they'll really have some depth and sting to their list.

Add Will Day, Cameron MacKenzie, Jiath and Mitchell Lewis to that mix and they are in for a shot at Top 4.

Annoyingly good year; Mitchell shits me to tears but he is getting results.

They have a lot of hope for the future; Sam Mitchell - loathsome swine though he may be - has quickly proven his bona fides as an AFL coach.

Their list seemingly has holes - and yet they were nigh on irresistible in the back end of this season.

If they complete the Barrass/Battle trades leading into 2025, then they'll really have some depth and sting to their list.

Add Will Day, Cameron MacKenzie, Jiath and Mitchell Lewis to that mix and they are in for a shot at Top 4.

He actually shat himself to tears tonight. All good, but sounds a bit like their board currently congratulating themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly Mitchell can coach.
Interestingly Derm said they need to win this year as they have everyone caught out on their game style and theyā€™re doing it on system and not talent and clubs will work them out next year. They should trade in a few good players so that may change things.

Yep- heā€™s a good coach and they had a good year and plenty will think theyā€™ll go on with it next year and give the flag a shake etc, And maybe they will, but footy is rarely so simple. So we will see.
Hinkley actually did a good job tonight given the players they had out.

Last edited:
Clearly Mitchell can coach.
Interestingly Derm said they need to win this year as they have everyone caught out on their game style and theyā€™re doing it on system and not talent and clubs will work them out next year. They should trade in a few good players so that may change things.

Tom Barrass and Josh Battle have more or less committed to coming to Hawthorn.

That would allow a player like Weddle to freewheel a bit more.

Their list undoubtedly has a ton of upside, as much as I hate to admit it.

Meek is a nice plank to build around, too.

In saying all that, we're not exactly treading water; we're doing very well thank you very much.

Sicily had a chance to nail it and baby boy hot head fluffed it twice in the last quarterā€¦..
And what fake stuff after the game ā€¦ quickly walks to Kenny then stops and does nothing . Fake bravado.
Enjoy the loss we are really impressed!
Give sook boy Mitchell coach of the year for his flop year!

Well if this were a typical workplace, Ken wouldn't be the only one pulled into HR.

What you're grasping at is ludicrous.
If it's so ridiculous, why is Ken apologizing profusely for it?

And no, he may not be the only one pulled into the meeting but he'd receive the biggest sanction because he's the senior leader. The expectations of him are higher. He (theoretically) knows better.

Ken (and Mitchell and all coaches) have responsibilities in regard to their behaviour and their interactions with players.

It's why McCartney got fined last week. It's why Malthouse had trouble. It's why Ken will likely get sanctioned by the AFL.

To pretend that what Ken did was hunky dory in the modern game and that Sicily & Mitchell were wrong to defend his player is ludicrous.

More generally I suppose we could all go back to the era of hazing and homophobia and other crap that used to be "part of the game".

Hypothetically:

How would people react if we had a semi against Port with a Prelim against Brisbane on the line - Max Holmes drops a cheeky comment on Linc McCarthy's instagram saying see you in Two weeks.

We lose to Port in a close one and Ken goes directly for Holmes just verbally lays into him.

Would you want Dangerfield to ignore it? Would you want Chris Scott to say "oh it's part of the game"?

None of this "Max wouldn't do that. We wouldn't do that. Max doesn't know Linc. Linc's injured".

In this hypothetical how would people want our club's leaders to react in that moment?

Cos it seems the Hawthorn/Mitchell/Sicily/"Games gone soft" vibes are overshadowing the issue.

It's a testosterone charged environment.

Did Ginnivan 'bully' PA by blatantly disregarding them going into this game?

Did Hinkley 'bully' Ginnivan by pointing out post game that he was so obviously wrong?

So someone can post something on social media...

Then the next person talks to him in person .

Sicily had a chance to nail it and baby boy hot head fluffed it twice in the last quarterā€¦..
And what fake stuff after the game ā€¦ quickly walks to Kenny then stops and does nothing . Fake bravado.
Enjoy the loss we are really impressed!
Give sook boy Mitchell coach of the year for his flop year!
Everyone baking Hinkleys leadership, have a look at Sicily, heā€™s šŸ’©

You got a free hit Mitchell with your dimwit kids and their social media posting you backed it in as you were winning. You got a return of serve and now have sooked it up ā€¦ X on your back next few yearsā€¦ see how you go flopper 6th boy.
You're posting like they got belted by 10 goals.

His dimwit kids and the culture they've built are the reason they'll be back in flag contention soon and Port Adelaide will be a mid-table club*

*Though now I've said that,. they'll probably win the flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back