Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Current flag market - present time

Syd $2.50 Geel $3.80 GWS $4.50

So going by that Geel will open slight favourite next week , but not short price favourites

The thing about GWS , probably because of where they are based ( not in the AFL pressure cooker of Vic ) they never seem to be nervous starters in big games , however they can fold up in the 2nd halves

Further to previous, see how many times the Giants do this.

1. Defensive kick to halfback to Hogan.
2. Switch.
3. Hogan jogs down the opposite wing with no defensive handover from the other team.
(play unfolds but if the Giants are held up ...)
4. Kick to Hogan leading out from fullforward.

Been driving me nuts all year that nobody puts work into this.

What’s GWS’ stats for W and L at the G?!
Checking AFL tables they've played there twice only for two wins against Richmond and Melbourne this year.

Last year they played there 3 times also. Smashed by the pies in H&A, comfortable win against Saints in an EF and a 1 point loss to Collingwood in the prelim.

2022 they lost all their mcg games but it wasn't under Kingsley

I think I saw 2-19
1 of the 2 was a Prelim at the G though

Edit: Actually looked it up and it's 9-19 and it took them a while to get their first
Okay thanks. We should win then after those stats then. We seem to play better at the G too compared to GMHBA, where they’ve beaten us last two times. Making me feel less nervous now heading into next weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Checking AFL tables they've played there twice only for two wins against Richmond and Melbourne this year.

Last year they played there 3 times also. Smashed by the pies in H&A, comfortable win against Saints in an EF and a 1 point loss to Collingwood in the prelim.

2022 they lost all their mcg games but it wasn't under Kingsley
Thanks also, even though they’ve won there twice this season those teams aren’t that great so we’ll see how they go against us.

What’s GWS’ stats for W and L at the G?!

For what period?

This year it's 2 from 2 - 24 points over Richmond & 2 points over Melbourne in round 20

Last year it was 3 games - 2 x losses to Collingwood (65pts & 1pt), and 1 x win over St Kilda by 24 points

In 2022 it was 3 games for 3 losses - Richmond by 36, Melbourne by 67 & Collingwood by 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back