Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d love it to be something like that, but surely if you’re going to be scouting specific opposition players it’s slightly less obvous to have the scout there during a standard H&A game sitting on their own, rather than with the assistant coaches in a final
Happy to be corrected.

Would they want to see how they play in a final?

Almost want GWS to hold on the way they struggle to run out games.

Brisbne isn’t much better - across good parts of the season the Lions have been the best 1st Qtr team and nearly the worst 4th Qtr team, so what we’re seeing tonight is an outlier for Brisbane’s season

I’d love it to be something like that, but surely if you’re going to be scouting specific opposition players it’s slightly less obvous to have the scout there during a standard H&A game sitting on their own, rather than with the assistant coaches in a final

He also helps the MC with scouting forwards, as in, watching forwards of the teams we will play next year.
Especially now with the cap on footy department spending you'll see more and more roles like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to be corrected.

Would they want to see how they play in a final?

The coaches definitely would, and if this was in Vic then we could well have seen Scott, Lappin etc also in attendance but being an interstate game we’ve sent a couple of key assistant coaches

Just not sure I’ve seen one of scouts with them in the stands before

I always knew this game was going to be decided by...

checks notes

....Joe Daniher's accurate set shot conversion.

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

I have to say, over the last two minutes I have developed very strong opinions on Harris Andrews' knock vicious assault on Coniglio.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back