Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rather Play Port than the Swans but it was never going to happen
While I understand, is your preference because you think we can beat Port, or you want to defeat Port again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s a common question being raised on social media - why would Port recruit Ratugolea and then start playing him forward when we all know what he can’t do up there…

I agree, it's strange.

In saying that, I've always seen his best position as a semi-traditional FF. I don't think he and Dixon can occupy the same F50.

I was a big advocate of Esava's when he was in the hoops, but I have to concede (for the millionth time) that I was wrong.

Ratugolea could probably dominate certain leagues, and he is by no means a complete dud - but he is not an elite KF, nor an elite KD, nor an elite Ruck. Therefore he is a back-up at best.

The winning the toss curse continues. Didn't see who won the toss last Friday night, but if I recall correctly, every other team who's won the toss during the finals has lost the game.

I just hope Paddy just concedes the coin toss tomorrow night - don't wanna risk it.

I was hoping they'd slap each other around a bit more.

Glad to see Ken lose again.
Oh! I agree, definitely needed to slap each other around more, well more physical dominance by Port, at least. I was hoping Port would try harder + physically exhaust Sydney, so much more. Swans are looking far too perky after the game.

I agree, it's strange.

In saying that, I've always seen his best position as a semi-traditional FF. I don't think he and Dixon can occupy the same F50.

I was a big advocate of Esava's when he was in the hoops, but I have to concede (for the millionth time) that I was wrong.

Ratugolea could probably dominate certain leagues, and he is by no means a complete dud - but he is not an elite KF, nor an elite KD, nor an elite Ruck. Therefore he is a back-up at best.

He cops a lot of flak but I thought his first half of the season down back was pretty solid. That's the only place he's AFL quality imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back