Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Cancer has multiple meanings though and I take his use of cancer as it’s alternate meaning - “an evil or dangerous thing that spreads quickly”, and it’s often used to describe violence, gambling etc but in this case it’s about an individual who has been seen as being more focused about what Port can do for their ego rather than what they can do to further Port

It may be an extreme use of the word in describing David Koch in that manner, but there does seem to be an underlying issue at Port and it runs deeper than just Hinkley

That might be so, but I take offence to it being used as a descriptive on another human being. Port are a pack of entitled whankers, how's that for a label.
There are many other Clubs just as success starved and they don't implode and eat their own, especially if they've been lucky enough to even make finals. All Koch has done is make the fatal mistake of backing the Coach. I'm sure they could do without Koch's money though.

5 GF’s in the same timeframe as Scott. Gets the cup next week then it’s a yes. Non Victorian team that travels every 2nd week…. He wins ! Must get the cup though , so over to you Scott!
I reckon if you handed Scott an extra first round pick every other year he'd probably be doing better than Horse. 4 in the side tonight? 5 if Mills didn't ping a hammy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the second term, there were about five or six ticky tack calls in favor of swans that led to easy goals and two similar against port that were not called.

Yes port needed to overcome (and they gave up once down five goals) and their strategy of bombing high punts f50 was not smart, but this much officiating in a prelim is unfortunate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That may be so. Completely acknowledge Sydney’s utter determination to win 2024 GF, yet their opponent will be determined tomorrow afternoon!

Whether Brisbane or Geelong prevail, both teams will offer their absolute determination to win too.

Exactly! Depends on Horse and 2nd cup….. then 2-2 and 5 GF’s to 3-4. Hope best coach Scott that has been the narrative this year gets it done for No.3!

It’s the night before our prelim - why are you in here trolling?

Efforts from opposition posters along these lines would be getting reported - so who’s buttons are you trying to push and why?

Esava just has no confidence to win the ball himself. So many times tonight he was just ball watching or “shepherding” for another teammate or just spudding it up.

I’ve always been hard on Esava when he was a Cat. Sure, he’s a nice guy, but you don’t want nice guys across the white line - you want hard-nosed competitors. Tonight hasn’t changed my view on him. Aliir battled alone tonight.

Watching the game, I just couldn’t stop thinking that any team with Sav, Narkle, and present-day Dixon just isn’t a premiership team.
Very true. And, not to mention Frankie Evans, who had a crack but let a couple of crucial marks slip through his mits.

Listen to you Ralphy. It might be Brisbane for all we know, who hold no qualms for them. If you're talking about Cats, we would be just as likely to have confidence we can thrash them again. Breathing fire does not equal talent or supersede the GF motivation of the other team.
Agreed, Sam. It's just utter fluff he's waffling.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back