Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty funny seeing what's happened to the Saints. Remember when everyone wanted Richardson out and Lyon was heralded as the saviour?

Not many people expected them to get even worse.
I did I always knew Lyon would be a bad idea and said as much when he came back

Hopefully they give him a 10 year extension

But why? This has been one of the least competitive teams he's coached. I was expecting much better than this from the Saints by now.

I think the idea is

"**** the Saints. They deserve everything they get for re-hiring Lyon after he walked out on them for Fremantle and then sacking Ratten just a couple of months after he signed a 2-year extension"

So sign him for a further 10 years and continue to suffer

I think the idea is

"**** the Saints. They deserve everything they get for re-hiring Lyon after he walked out on them for Fremantle and then sacking Ratten just a couple of months after he signed a 2-year extension"

So sign him for a further 10 years and continue to suffer
Thank you translator

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the Swans would love to meet Geelong in this year's Grand Final. They'd see it as a chance to get payback for 2022.

I would love to meet them in the GF as i think they might choke.

Just seen a replay of the Jones incident in the Port-GCS game

Some players are still trying to bend down and pick up the ball leading with the head while the other player doing the correct thing by turning the body will get punished.

And yes i know it isn't always possible to do it but some players aren't even trying and risking themselves.

Pretty funny seeing what's happened to the Saints. Remember when everyone wanted Richardson out and Lyon was heralded as the saviour?

Not many people expected them to get even worse.
Lyon really has a strange view of himself. He got a call from Geelong in late 2021 to be part of the coaching team - as a consultant- and he said no. He met with CS and gave his thoughts on the game. Geelong went off and won the premiership in 2022. Lyon felt like he had some nous/insight from being marginally associated with the Cats. So he coaches again… but unfortunately, it takes more than that stroke of the ego to actually be a good coach. You need a good list, you need a good club backing you, you need a patient fan base, you need strong finances as a club, you need good assistants, you need the right game plan and so on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Back