Resource Noober's Player Videos for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Ultra consistent as always, Jagga Smith was one of Metro's best and performed well in a game in which some of the other fancied draft prospects struggled. It was the same as usual for Jagga, strong at stoppage winning a game high eight clearances and releasing teammates into space with creative and clean hands. He worked hard on the spread and hit up targets consistently by foot.

Xavier Lindsay showed why he should be locked in as a first round pick with an outstanding performance in the biggest game of this years Champs series. He played on a wing in the first half of the game and showed he has all the attributes and positional knowledge to thrive there, working up and back, finding a stack of the footy and apply immense defensive pressure. He played more onball in the second half where he was effective and competitive. He did have a few costly turnovers, but also some key moments of quality with ball in hand.

195cm key forward Harry Armstrong may have arrived at the Champs late, but in his three games he's sure made an impression. He launches at contested marks, finds space and separation on the lead, and possesses an accurate cannon of a left foot making him a threat anywhere within 60 meters of goal. His five goals here were a single game high for the Champs series and a critical factor in Metro's win.

Tobie had a fantastic game here that was unfortunately mired by a controversial (to say the least) free kick and 50 meter penalty against him that handed Vic Metro the game. Up until that pivotal moment, Tobie was his usual combination of intensely competitive defender and damaging rebounder, regularly disrupting Metro's forward thrusts before setting up his team with attacking dash. Tobie's consistently strong performances have put him right in the top 10 frame.

A quieter performance here to close out a slightly disappointing champs series for Smillie. He started well enough, getting his hands on the footy at stoppage consistently in the opening term, but he increasingly drifted out of the game and he had very little impact in the second half. His disposal by foot can get lazy at times and that was especially evident in this game.

I was in two minds about making this video. Finn is clearly still miles away from peak fitness after his long injury layoffs, as evidenced by him getting caught with the ball multiple times and his opponents at times toying with him. There's a ton more to come from Finn this season, and we can look back on this performance to remind ourselves how far he's progressed.

A quieter game this week from Lalor who still showed his elite talent with some impressive moments. The Champs really came too early for Sam as he's a long way short of full fitness. He was only able to play brief stints through the middle, with most of his game time spent in the forward line. His standout moment was a huge mark and goal in the second quarter where he launched into a pack with no regard for his safety.

Harvey Langford took home the Larke medal for the best player across the 2024 Champs series and its not hard to see why. This wasn't his most prolific statistical performance, but he stood up in the big moments and lead his team. Powerful at the contest with his big 190cm frame, excellent overhead and with a booming left foot kick, Langford is putting up a serious case to be considered with a top 10 pick in November.

Murphy Reid has been the biggest bolter in the draft class through this Champs series, from back end of the first round to comfortably inside the top 10. He done this by showing how his innate poise and class becomes more valuable the higher the level and the more intense the pressure. In this final champs game he didn't have his most prolific game, but there were a few moment of sheer class and creativity that few if any can match in this draft pool.

A wild ride of ups and downs in this game for Trainor. In the opening half he was matched up predominantly on Jonty Faull and blanketed him extremely well. In the second half he was shifted onto Jack Whitlock who exposed some of Trainor's limitations against the super tall 200cm forwards as Whitlock outmarked him on several occasions by simply reaching up to a higher point than Trainor was capable of, and Trainor failed to use his body or block his run at the footy. During this period, Trainor also committed some damaging turnovers by foot and seemed to be out of sorts. But in a final dramatic twist, he pushed himself forward with seconds remaining and Metro in need of a goal, won the pivotal free kick and 50 meter penalty and kicked the winning goal from point blank range.

With the change to NGA bidding that seems likely to be implemented prior to this year's draft Kako looks destined to end up at Essendon next season. Bomber fans can look forward to watching a dynamic and creative small forward who brings a strong pressure game and regularly hits the scoreboard. This was a solid final Champs performance from Kako who's overall series has strengthened his case to be considered the best small forward in the pool.

A huge step forward for Jack Whitlock in this game, answering a lot of the questions that draft watchers had been pondering. He clunked the big contested marks that he had been struggling to hold on to, he was clean at ground level and he hit the scoreboard. He proved that when he gets to run and jump few key defenders can reach high enough to disrupt him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

noobermensch any chance of a possible compilation of Archer Day - Wicks? He intrigues me with his numbers and the playing style I read about
Sure, he's one that I intend to get to eventually. He's got heaps of talent and x-factor, just drifts in and out of games more than you'd probably like. I'd be surprised if he doesnt get drafted.

Sure, he's one that I intend to get to eventually. He's got heaps of talent and x-factor, just drifts in and out of games more than you'd probably like. I'd be surprised if he doesnt get drafted.
he is one id be keen on later in the draft. Anyone else in that dynamic x factor who could be taken later? looking for a match winner with plenty of X factor because Essendon lacks this even if Kako does land at Tulla, I would love another. A draft of Kako, Simms, ADW would be brilliant with one of those top guys slipping would make the list look much more balanced

he is one id be keen on later in the draft. Anyone else in that dynamic x factor who could be taken later? looking for a match winner with plenty of X factor because Essendon lacks this even if Kako does land at Tulla, I would love another. A draft of Kako, Simms, ADW would be brilliant with one of those top guys slipping would make the list look much more balanced
Small forwards in general are often in that mould. Benny Barrett from SA has a lot of that, and of course Malakai Champion from WA.

Small forwards in general are often in that mould. Benny Barrett from SA has a lot of that, and of course Malakai Champion from WA.
ideally a small forward who can take a mark inside 50 would be nice. Think Cody Weightman, think Jamie Elliott, think Bobby Hill

We have no one good enough capable of doing that. Will keep an eye out on those two you mentioned as well

ideally a small forward who can take a mark inside 50 would be nice. Think Cody Weightman, think Jamie Elliott, think Bobby Hill

We have no one good enough capable of doing that. Will keep an eye out on those two you mentioned as well
I think our problem this year has been the lack of marking power from the talls. Especially Peter Wright who's inexplicably completely forgotten how to mark a footy overhead. I'd be interested to see a stat that tracks the percentage of marking attempts to completed marks... reckon 2MP would have one of the lowest conversion rates in the league.

At least it appears as though we have Nate Caddy who will go a long way towards rectifying that problem. One more quality tall forward in this draft would be just the ticket for us.

In terms of small forwards, Kako and Berry can both take marks on the lead. Its more rare to find someone like Elliott and Weightman who's a serious high flier as a small forward. I can't think of anyone in this pool that fits that description off the top of my head.

Tom Gross doesnt seem to be spoken about much for a draftee that could go around pick 20. Have been interested in the drafts small and medium forwards like kako, berry, Hynes, gross etc

Are you doing some highlights of Gross’s work throughout the champs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Tom Gross doesnt seem to be spoken about much for a draftee that could go around pick 20. Have been interested in the drafts small and medium forwards like kako, berry, Hynes, gross etc

Are you doing some highlights of Gross’s work throughout the champs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
At some point I'm sure I will. I'm guided by two things... what do people want to watch and what am I interested in doing myself. There's not a lot of demand for Gross videos right now. I feel like he's always operating at a solid level, but never has a huge game that demands attention. He's a nice all round fairly vanilla midfield prospect without a lot of x-factor or highlight worthy plays... also he's a fair way down on the midfielder depth charts, it's just that kind of draft pool.

At some point I'm sure I will. I'm guided by two things... what do people want to watch and what am I interested in doing myself. There's not a lot of demand for Gross videos right now. I feel like he's always operating at a solid level, but never has a huge game that demands attention. He's a nice all round fairly vanilla midfield prospect without a lot of x-factor or highlight worthy plays... also he's a fair way down on the midfielder depth charts, it's just that kind of draft pool.
Gerreyn from yesterday would be a good one. 🤫

Super impressive performance by Jagga in his VFL debut. You couldn't have picked a worse fixture to debut at this level if you tried. Away at Williamstown, an oval famed for its howling gales, on a dirty evening in the wet and cold with the rain blowing in sideways. Jagga ended up with a game high 31 possessions and was able to be a strong influence at stoppage winning clearances against the bigger VFL bodies which had been a concern voiced by some. His disposals weren't always clean, but in conditions like this taking territory was the name of the game.

Super impressive performance by Jagga in his VFL debut. You couldn't have picked a worse fixture to debut at this level if you tried. Away at Williamstown, an oval famed for its howling gales, on a dirty evening in the wet and cold with the rain blowing in sideways. Jagga ended up with a game high 31 possessions and was able to be a strong influence at stoppage winning clearances against the bigger VFL bodies which had been a concern voiced by some. His disposals weren't always clean, but in conditions like this taking territory was the name of the game.

Melbourne in winter has to the windiest city in the world ...? Im thinking he is firming as No 1 given Richmond will have it.

Newly crowned Larke medalist Harvey Langford continues to dominate the Talent League as he has done all season. He struggled with the extreme wind when disposing of the ball by foot as everyone did in this game, but he showed superior judgement of the ball in flight taking double digit marks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Noober's Player Videos for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back