North Ballarat vs Werribee

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't seen a lot of him in the VFL this year, is he skilled enough to make it in the AFL do you think?

Usually good at this level but today he gave away 2 fifty metre penalties that cost goals and was moved forward in a desperate last quarter, but gave away a free in the goal square when he simply had to win the ball and goal if Werribee were to be a chance .

Doubt he can be a regular AFL player. Someone said he's likely to be delisted by us anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only saw the second half...

Scott Thompson did well.

Grima's last quarter very good.

Goldstein is going to be a super player for North.

Only saw the second half...

Scott Thompson did well.

Grima's last quarter very good.

Goldstein is going to be a super player for North.

Agree with all that, especially the last bit. Goldy will be a sensational footballer. So far ahead of Hamish at the same age it's frightening.

I thought Gav did some good things and I love Levi. He is a ripper.

Agree with all that, especially the last bit. Goldy will be a sensational footballer. So far ahead of Hamish at the same age it's frightening.

I thought Gav did some good things and I love Levi. He is a ripper.

But hopefully Goldy doesn't go the same way as Hamish and have a bad follow-up season then injure himself.

cant see tarrant?
Hasn't played enough games to qualify for finals due to his shoulder.

My 2 minute match report;

Riggio: Good. Hard at it. If he isn't retained I'll kick something. Or someone.
McMahon: Bloody hell he's improved of late. Could be vital next year.
Thompson: Will play A LOT of AFL next year. Played the General's role today, and was very good.
Davies: Provided some good run, late in particular, but will be gone by seasons end.
Brown: Last game for Browny I'd say. Wasn't impressive, but there were worse out there.
Sinkers: Reiterated for me today that he's past it. Looked slow, but played his typical Sinkers role today. Wasn't bad, but not near the bests as you'd expect from him at this level.
Goldie: Didn't see too much of him to be honest. Took some strong defensive marks, going back with the flight a couple of times. Wasn't there when the game needed winning though. Will be good. Very good.
Obst: Was the worst on the ground. Comfortably. Gave away two critical 50's, that, in hindsight, may have cost Werribee the game.
Hansen: One he'll want to forget. Torn apart by the much bigger Josh Smith. Gave away quite a few free's, but took some good courageous marks at times. Still developing, clearly.
Greenwood: Hard at it. Played alright. Will also be a good player. Not quite there yet though.

Garlett: Not sure he's up to AFL standard. Struggled a bit today for North, and didn't really get into it much.
Josh Smith: The difference. The match winner. Kicked about 4.4 or so, and when he wasn't kicking them, he was brining the ball to ground for the smaller blokes. Loved his game.
Spitta: Good clearance player. Won the ball out of the middle a fair bit, and, without trying to jynx him at all, I think he's really improved his kicking. One play inparticular out of the middle, Spitz won his own clearance, ran about 10m and drilled the ball onto the chest of a NB forward. Was a great play, very Harro-esq.
Wundke: Started well, but wont cure cancer. (Apologies RB)
EDDDDDIEEE: Started slowly. Really slowly. Came into the game late when it was on the line, and ended with a servicable performance. Thanks for the memories Eddd.
Grima: Thought he started really well, but went a bit quiet after a while. Not sure of his stats at all, but wasn't bad, wasn't brilliant. May also be the end for ol' Blakey.
Urquhart: Was brave today. He's played better games at AFL and VFL level, and was a bit quiet, but when he got the ball, he used it. Well.
Appologies if I forgot any players.

I'm biased but I loved Urquhart's game. He attracts a crowd and then dishes off to loose men. Super composure.

Grima accumulated possessions (maybe VFL is his right level) and Josh Smith was very strong (good signs for next year). David Rhys-Jones loves him.

On official heights, Hansen is listed as 197cm and Josh Smith is 195cm. Standing side by side they looked the same height to me.

Before the draft I think Donald may have measured Hansen to the top of his high hair.

Hansen needs to bulk up- FAST.
Josh Smith needs a tank- and he'll be a good player. Built like a shit truck.

Wonder if the club will look at giving Pods a mature rookie list spot. I know he's been at a few clubs- but i've seen him for a while- and he's improved since his early VFL days.

I thought Urquhart was really good. He is so cool in the back line, finding the right option to release running players. McMahon is also awesome. Composed and great with disposal. These two should be our first options for kick ins.

Riggio was ok. Did a lot of little things without breaking away for running possession as I would have hope. The way he stood under that high ball in the last quarter was impressive. Laids would have loved that (please don't delist him Deano).

Goldy took a couple of great crucial marks in the last.

Smith looks good. He has the endeavor, probably just needs to work on his burst pace and endurance, but I like his tackling in the forward half.

Hasn't played enough games to qualify for finals due to his shoulder.

My 2 minute match report;

Riggio: Good. Hard at it. If he isn't retained I'll kick something. Or someone.
McMahon: Bloody hell he's improved of late. Could be vital next year.
Thompson: Will play A LOT of AFL next year. Played the General's role today, and was very good.
Davies: Provided some good run, late in particular, but will be gone by seasons end.
Brown: Last game for Browny I'd say. Wasn't impressive, but there were worse out there.
Sinkers: Reiterated for me today that he's past it. Looked slow, but played his typical Sinkers role today. Wasn't bad, but not near the bests as you'd expect from him at this level.
Goldie: Didn't see too much of him to be honest. Took some strong defensive marks, going back with the flight a couple of times. Wasn't there when the game needed winning though. Will be good. Very good.
Obst: Was the worst on the ground. Comfortably. Gave away two critical 50's, that, in hindsight, may have cost Werribee the game.
Hansen: One he'll want to forget. Torn apart by the much bigger Josh Smith. Gave away quite a few free's, but took some good courageous marks at times. Still developing, clearly.
Greenwood: Hard at it. Played alright. Will also be a good player. Not quite there yet though.

Garlett: Not sure he's up to AFL standard. Struggled a bit today for North, and didn't really get into it much.
Josh Smith: The difference. The match winner. Kicked about 4.4 or so, and when he wasn't kicking them, he was brining the ball to ground for the smaller blokes. Loved his game.
Spitta: Good clearance player. Won the ball out of the middle a fair bit, and, without trying to jynx him at all, I think he's really improved his kicking. One play inparticular out of the middle, Spitz won his own clearance, ran about 10m and drilled the ball onto the chest of a NB forward. Was a great play, very Harro-esq.
Wundke: Started well, but wont cure cancer. (Apologies RB)
EDDDDDIEEE: Started slowly. Really slowly. Came into the game late when it was on the line, and ended with a servicable performance. Thanks for the memories Eddd.
Grima: Thought he started really well, but went a bit quiet after a while. Not sure of his stats at all, but wasn't bad, wasn't brilliant. May also be the end for ol' Blakey.
Urquhart: Was brave today. He's played better games at AFL and VFL level, and was a bit quiet, but when he got the ball, he used it. Well.
Appologies if I forgot any players.

Ben Ross played OK. Didnt see much of it, ran throught the middle and delivered well on a few occasions.

Josh Smith got BOG. Not bad for a bloke witha knee that will have an arthroscope as soon as the GF is finished. He has torn cartilage and it will need a clean-up. It has affected his distance. He can't fully extend for his kicking. he is normally a huge kick.

Grima went off and had some work done on his shoulder in the second quarter. That may be why people thought he went issing for a while. Had it strapped and restrapped and then came back on.

Goldstein was knocked senseless and was off for a while. It was good to see Todd come back on and still have an influence! He was yp against the best VFL ruckman in Stephenson. Carlton invited him (Stephenson) to their camp last season. I wonder if they will draft him this year!

Levi had some bone crunching hits and looks like he has actually grown this year!

Sinkers got a lot of the ball as usual, but was a bit slow with decision making (also, as usual). Best of luck in retirement and the next phase of your life, Jess!

Robbie Tarant didn't play, but with Grieg reported and a second NB player concussed, he's a chance to play Friday night.

It looks like all of the North Melbourne players came out of it OK.

It was certainly hotly contested with some huge hits! They didn't hold back for their mates!!

I'll see those that are going on Friday night at the GF!

Remove this Banner Ad

North Ballarat vs Werribee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back