Game Day North vs Hawks, 4:40pm, Sunday, Shepparton

Remove this Banner Ad

not JR's biggest fan but willing to give him benefit of the doubt. match reports are old-world and pointless, there's no time for proper analysis and reflection because a deadline is something like a half-hour after the match. this leads to general cliches and hamfisted perspectives on the thing. thankfully becoming a thing of the past, give me mid week articles any day of the week.
But doesn't it scream out to you the old time media needs to be revamped.....you can't give an honest appraisal with 30 mins to spare. Ralph was in the sun, a can in one hand and a sausage and bread in the other.

Brad Scott talking up Adams' performance....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
To be fair he WAS less shit early on...

He's a tough little nugget, and I like him, but he's no longer a particularly good player. Sad but true. He'd get a game in a few teams but I don't think he should be getting one in ours.

But doesn't it scream out to you the old time media needs to be revamped.....you can't give an honest appraisal with 30 mins to spare. Ralph was in the sun, a can in one hand and a sausage and bread in the other.

Oh preaching to the choir mate, agree 110%. viva la revolution etc.

Ralphy might have had a can in one hand but that definitely would NOT have been a sausage and bread in the other. The bloke is a total lightweight and should not be taken seriously in any way.

I didn't mind Adams' game. Sure, lots here have written him off after his last 2 seasons, but you shouldn't be looking at today for validation of the writing off.

He's in the same area on the list as Jacobs, McKenzie, Tarrant, Tippett and perhaps Basti, between 22 and 26 so just misses out when the best team is on the park (i.e. never).

Wood is in the 22, so is Spud and I personally reckon Basti is too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair he WAS less shit early on...

He's a tough little nugget, and I like him, but he's no longer a particularly good player. Sad but true. He'd get a game in a few teams but I don't think he should be getting one in ours.

Higgins might lock the door for him on his way out.

Hope he got breath tested on the way home

he is extremely quick for a big man.

he is one of the best big athletes in the comp, its why the club rates him so highly.

He would have been gone by now without that tantalising carrot of what he could be. I hope he does make it down back because with Waite having 2 years l think the forward position he had is gone for at least that long.

Watched the whole game today before coming to work.

It was pleasing to see Tarrant actually grabbing a few and making some good decisions as well. I always thought Tazza was a better defender than forward but I guess we'll see how the season pans out.

Still got a lot of work to do to make the forward line more cohesive but the midfield and defense is looking good. Well done boys.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many of Jmac, Jacobs, Wright, Gibson, Firitto & McDonald can make the team?

At most, 4 imho.

Thought Adams and Jacobs were better than Gibbo and Jmac, but then again, i'm probably in the minority.

At most, 4 imho.

Thought Adams and Jacobs were better than Gibbo and Jmac, but then again, i'm probably in the minority.

I agree that they were better than Gibson today, but Jmac was the best of the 4, IMO.

I think 5 of those players will be in the team when all are available, barring significant form drop-offs.

At most, 4 imho.

Not sure about Adams, effort was there, l put it down to rustiness. Its between him and Higgins though for that high half-forward role.

A bloke that would die for the cause is not "gifted games".

Last year, Adams was gifted games. I love the guy, but let's not beat around the bush.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day North vs Hawks, 4:40pm, Sunday, Shepparton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back