Autopsy North vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we ever going to get better?
Jack Viney will give us that extra big body.
Pink triggered a contract extension. He’ll be better for the year.
Hansen Jr looks like he’s ready to take his game to the next level.
Ford and Curtis have huge bags of tricks.
Goad is like Gawn. We just need to be patient. A potential AA ruckman with pick 20 is a steal.
Duursma has Reid covered. Reid’s going nowhere with his attitude.
Wardlaw bleeds blue and white. Unlike JHF.
Teakle has been handy. He didn’t cost us anything.
Stephens, Fisher, Jy, Scott, Zurhaar and co all locked away on long term contracts. No other club can touch them. We hold all the aces there.

Just gotta be patient.

Zurhaar cemented himself as one of the biggest frauds in the comp. He should probably be investigated for wage theft after his recent contract.

Why did we even sign him on such a deal?

Clarko firming as the second biggest fraud in the comp. Talk about a disappointment. He’s flooded the list with journey man and spuds.

Reckon if we are in the same position next year or have made minimal improvement then it’ll be time to shut the gate. Excuses are over. Fed up with being slapped around and being made a fool of. It starts with our on field leaders. Something has to give.
It will take a brave person from the club to make these decisions about change as long as the mind set is on protecting favourites of the club we arnt improving.
It will a hard sell for members to sign on for next year if we still the 2 current on field leaders who one is supposed to be man the players love because he organise to off field social events.

Chom has months left
In his career If he keeps doing a stupid shir like that. He needs to reset

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
There’s brave and there is stupid. I’m with you and leaning towards stupid.

Flying for contests you can’t impact and hurting yourself constantly is a good way to end a career very quickly.

Zurhaar cemented himself as one of the biggest frauds in the comp. He should probably be investigated for wage theft after his recent contract.

Why did we even sign him on such a deal?

Clarko firming as the second biggest fraud in the comp. Talk about a disappointment. He’s flooded the list with journey man and spuds.
Red flags all over the place at the moment.

Daniel Howe was the first one. My goodness.

Playing a deceased Liam Shiels is the second. Just horrid.

The absolute cluster**** that was the defensive set up pre the bye was the third.

Sounds the claxons.

Our unprofessional underbelly was back with a vengeance today. Feel bad for every supporter having to put up with it.

Really bad performance at centre bounces and by the midfield in general. Ongoing poor disposal - cough it up in tight or use it poorly. And they don't link up with the backline nearly enough. Token efforts to present. Ball kicked long over their heads, turnover, repeat entry. Repeat.

The captaincy situation has to change. Pick our best and most professional players like Sheezel and Xerri. Not players who regularly should be dropped and wouldn't get a game at other clubs. It's not a popularity contest.
The last sentence 👏. It’s not the senior prom for gods sake.

Well to say the least it wasn't a great day today. But not unexpected. We were completely undermanned in defence once Comben went down against Ugle-Hagan, Naughton and Darcy, plus Lobb wandering down there on occasions. Also the absence of Logue for nearly all season, has hurt us so much this year.

And of course we were without Sheezel. We were never going to get near them.

But, there should be some very good times ahead, because, the Girls get going in just 13 days time.

Can't wait.

Horrible day. Feels like our season ran out of steam after the capitulation last week.

We’re the youngest team in the comp and when things like multiple early in game injuries to key players occur it was always going to be a battle.

We kept this mob to 77 points about 7 weeks ago, the difference between us and them is probably somewhere between the margin that day and today’s blowout.

We’ve got a lot of work to do but I don’t think today was indicative of where we’re at by any stretch.
So you're saying we're between 17 points and 96 points which is an overall difference 79 points so in between you're really saying that the Bulldogs are really a 40 point better side than us?
The law of averages and the absolute maulings the WB have given us over the last five years would tell me otherwise.

That 'capitulation' of last week is NOTHING NEW and should not bear any resemblance on what should be brought out in your game the following week. And whether they're young or not, there's more than a eight players in that spine that should resemble some experience of leadership and nous to stem the avalanche of cricket scoreboard activity.

Remember, WCE kicked 12 goals, yes 12 GOALS in a period of around 26 minutes of football last week. Seems like a pretty familiar scenario to me we've had for a long time.
Yep we've got s***load of work to do and today is an indication that there's no indication of where we are truly at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first quarter on reflection was pretty good. 3 or 4 turnovers meant the score was 3 goals to 5, instead of 4 goals to 2 if we didn't make those mistakes.

Even if we continued to make those same mistakes, losing by 50 points would have been a better, though still very frustrating outcome, and who knows..if the skills improved we might have won.

But no.

Something happened at quarter time, and this is totally on the coaching and leadership group. Something was said or done to diminish the confidence to take risks, to back their skills and suddenly it was long kick down the line or wide to contest where we got beaten every single time. And then back the ball comes into their f50 where there was a little bit of a height difference and a mark and a goal and rinse and repeat.

The playing group was totally lost. Had no idea what to do. At one centre bounce we lined up with three players! Someone had to yell out to Powell.. hey mate we need 4 in here. Under 12's?

The coaching group has good and bad days like us all. This was a bad bad day.

I can't comment on the last quarter. I left at 3/4 time for the first time in my life.

On Pixel 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well to say the least it wasn't a great day today. But not unexpected. We were completely undermanned in defence once Comben went down against Ugle-Hagan, Naughton and Darcy, plus Lobb wandering down there on occasions. Also the absence of Logue for nearly all season, has hurt us so much this year.

And of course we were without Sheezel. We were never going to get near them.

But, there should be some very good times ahead, because, the Girls get going in just 13 days time.

Can't wait.
Sorry Horace, but I don't get excited by AFLW. It's just not for me. Otherwise I agree with your post. It was coming from a mile away. I had a few things on, and chose not to go to the game, knowing it was likely going to be a blowout. But my two elder sons went with their mates. I feel sorry for them...

We were missing our best player and after Comben went down, our two best key defenders, with a young team out of legs at the end of the season

Against a team with a stacked forward line, playing for finals that's full of mature bodies. And believe me, we won't be the last side to get touched up by Sam Darcy.

We were missing our best player and after Comben went down, our two best key defenders, with a young team out of legs at the end of the season

Against a team with a stacked forward line, playing for finals that's full of mature bodies. And believe me, we won't be the last side to get touched up by Sam Darcy.
I think we are all aware of this. Every team has injuries, and their leaders step up to the occasion to reduce the slack. Carlton won over in Perth with a VFL side over the team that beat us last week. It’s a piss take, we have no leaders at our club. If Clarko doesn’t make a statement this week and drop some senior players then it really shows that we have gone backwards since last year.

I think we are all aware of this. Every team has injuries, and their leaders step up to the occasion to reduce the slack. Carlton won over in Perth with a VFL side over the team that beat us last week. It’s a piss take, we have no leaders at our club. If Clarko doesn’t make a statement this week and drop some senior players then it really shows that we have gone backwards since last year.

The West Coast side that beat us also had on average 40 games more experience. It wasn't Harley Reid cutting us up was it.

Carlton has also had mature established guns to very good/good players like Weitering, Walsh, McGovern, Hewett, Zac Williams, Lewis Young, Newman, Acres etc.

It's interesting to see the bagging of Clarko for bringing in "journeymen" when its those exact type of mature good 7/10 players that saved Carlton.

We need two more preseasons into the kids and rebalancing our older players.

Exactly, what 7/10 players have we recruited? Logue and that’s probably it.

I think Logue is probably better than that. Tucker has also been good this year.

I'm not sold on Fisher but I think Stephens will be very good in a better side.

I will be keen to see what this off season brings

Yes, this is more or less the way I look at it. Of course I'd prefer we fought it out at least and didn't completely drop the bundle, but unfortunately it was coming. We are done for the year with the injuries and other issues. But perhaps this drubbing will generate some response for one last crack at Hawthorn this week, as unlikely as that seems.

Yes, this is more or less the way I look at it. Of course I'd prefer we fought it out at least and didn't completely drop the bundle, but unfortunately it was coming. We are done for the year with the injuries and other issues. But perhaps this drubbing will generate some response for one last crack at Hawthorn this week, as unlikely as that seems.

I think when both Comben and Larkey went off the air went out of everyone.

My concerns here really go a bit deeper than just what we saw yesterday.

People keep saying that we need to play the kids, we have all of these top draft picks playing in the seconds, etc..

However I have been watching a lot of VFL this season, just to see if there is anyone coming through that may provide a semblance of hope, and I really don't see where it is going to come from.

On exposed form:
-I don't think Hardeman will get there, I haven't seen any of the run and carry or ball use that we thought he'd bring
-Payne hasn't got near it since being drafted
-Lazarro tries hard but I think we all know he just doesn't quite have it to make it at AFL level.
-Same with Phillips. In fact he was poor on Saturday when he really should be tearing it up against lower players.
-Greenwood will retire
-Taylor & Sleevo are cats (and I can add Stephens to that list as well)
-CCJ - does any more need to be said
-Biggie, I think we all agree on his ability at AFL level
-We ruined Sellars
-I still have hopes for Harvey but in reality think he also won't make it.
-Free will be delisted
-Goad is scared to go near a contest (yes I know it is early but he is a loooong way off)

From a semi positive perspective
-Goater and George - should be playing AFL based on reputation; however with their serious injuries who would really know if they will get back to the top level?
-Maley - Looks like a prospect but still sooo raw
-Duursma - yes, if his head is in the right space at Nth
-W Dawson hopefully will get there
-Drury - probably the only one who stood out on Saturday, unfortunately though he is similar to Lazz in just missing a yard of pace and is probably a bit short..

So out of that list of 19 players I would say conservatively 13 or 68% are list cloggers. Not a great drafting success rate...

And on top of that we seem to be continually drafting light bodied players. Sleevo, Taylor, Payne, Biggie, Bergman, Goad, Hardeman, Ford, RHJ... it is no wonder we constantly get bullied by most opposition teams

It's no wonder we are where we are, and not sure how we really improve without a lot more pain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy North vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back