List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Josh Caddy + 56 traded to Richmond for 24 and 64

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that Caddy isn't an A grader, but how does this help anything at all?

Midfield depth is a problem, so lets get rid of one of our best young mids.

He's contracted, so lets take unders for him too.

We're trying to win a flag, but rather than keep Caddy or get Deledio we'll have an 18 year old on the list instead.

WTF is Wells on atm. There has to be more to this surely.... And it has to be more than Aaron ****ing Black.

See you in September.

5bf.jpg

It's not that bad really. Caddy has been more potential than reality, and if your being fair 15 is overs in a big way and he's a type you have depth in, it seemed from a casual Cats watcher that you lacked a little run and carry in the back half and maybe this lets you fill some of that need.
Oh get lost

I've tried to defend the club that we don't always get reamed at the trade table but this is impossible to defend, to pay overs for an OOC player and then to give away a top 22 player who wanted to stay at the club until the club considered the possibility of trading him for a player we couldn't afford is just straight incompetence. Duncan better step up this year.

You sound like you know something Nakia?
Or just don't rate Caddy? Do you feel as though Cats have something last minute in the works or were they keen on getting into the draft?
I'd be surprised if we didn't do a pick upgrade to get back into the first round.

And no I don't rate Caddy.

Wells has completely lost the plot. If we don't shake up our list management team we are in for a long period of mediocrity.

Doesnt look good but we will see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I rate Black so hopefully for a late pick.
Not who I had in mind but we can't be too picky. Would like House in the rookie draft.
Use 24 (or whatever we trade for) to get a young key forward. Hawkins now 28 so it's time imo to plan for his replacement.

So the answer to the question of what compo we get for ablett has finally been answered.

We get :NOTHING

Smedts gone for twisties. Caddy gone for not much better than the same worth as the additional pick we added to the ablett compo to get caddy.

The irony being the ablett is playing at Gold Coast longer then the two picks played for us before being sold like a wooden legged prostitute with herpes.

Not who I had in mind but we can't be too picky. Would like House in the rookie draft.
Use 24 (or whatever we trade for) to get a young key forward. Hawkins now 28 so it's time imo to plan for his replacement.
It takes years to develop forwards and we just gave a young one away who we put a few years into that is coming into their prime in the next 12-24 months. Kerston may have never reached that elite level but we gave him no chance by getting rid of him at 23.

Patrick Kerr is the word.

This is astounding from the Cats. With only 2 A grade midfielders, you would have thought they would be desperate to keep their next best one.
Caddy isn't in our best half a dozen mids hence why he didn't regularly play there. Thanks for your concern all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back