List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Josh Caddy + 56 traded to Richmond for 24 and 64

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offence but I don't think you'll miss Caddy as much as some are suggesting.

Maybe money pushed him out or more importantly have something better coming in.....even if that happens to be, next year.

It's not that Caddy was a superstar, he wasn't. But he was a good player and he could be very good at times.

More to the point, if we're pushing for a flag next year (which we absolutely have to be now), you need mature-bodied midfielders. He is that. Pick 24 at 18 years of age and possibly 75 kg won't be. Not in 2017.

Genuinely was shocked to see the trade. I remember reading some rumours last night and I assume maybe our pick 15 (if we get it for Deledio from GWS) might be the swap and I was thinking fair enough.

But for 24! Maybe you blokes felt sorry and owed us one for Ottens, Kent Kingsley and Hunt (lol).

Happy to have him though. Seems tackling and the ability to hit the scoreboard are some of his strengths as well as being able to run through the midfield and improving our depth of onballers.

FWIW, you dudes will probably still beat us next year anyway! :p

It's not that Caddy was a superstar, he wasn't. But he was a good player and he could be very good at times.

More to the point, if we're pushing for a flag next year (which we absolutely have to be now), you need mature-bodied midfielders. He is that. Pick 24 at 18 years of age and possibly 75 kg won't be. Not in 2017.

We have a window open for 2-4 years actually. Tell me which age demographic of our list suggests we are at a desperate last clutch for a flag? We now have 3 players over 30 on our list is in Taylor and Henderson Mackie. Our midfield and forward line are all in their early and mid twenties.

If we trade and recruit properly we can easily go for a premiership in the next 2-3 years.

P.S - full credit to the Geelong supporters and mods in this thread. I normally don't visit opposition boards but you all seem very accommodating to visitors (even more impressive given the consensus seems most are unhappy with the trade). :thumbsu:

Caddy isn't in our best half a dozen mids hence why he didn't regularly play there. Thanks for your concern all the same.
Oh, disgree with you there. Other than Selwood and Dangerwood, who are absolute champions, who else is better than him?

Oh, disgree with you there. Other than Selwood and Dangerwood, who are absolute champions, who else is better than him?
Guthrie and Duncan for starters. Even Menegola and Scooter were preferred in the midfield.

And Blicavs is a B&F winner.

Probably guthrie is slightly better but caddy was definitely close to the next best after dangerwood

You tell yourself that one:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably guthrie is slightly better but caddy was definitely close to the next best after dangerwood
Not according to our B&F or coaches votes results.

Guthrie was leading our B&F at the half way mark.

Lets go easy there champ I doubt it even stacks up against ours.

Tiges - Martin, Cotchin, Prestia, Caddy
Cats - Danger, Selwood, Selwood, Menegola (Guthrie)

I actually rated Caddy. You can't judge his output this year because of injury

Danger = or > Martin
J Selwood > Cotchin
S Selwood < Prestia
Guthrie = Caddy (IMO)

Not according to our B&F or coaches votes results.

Guthrie was leading our B&F at the half way mark.
Yeah I've got him 7th in line with Lang/Cocatoo hot on his heels. That's also not including Motlop who covers more ground than most when he's firing.

I asked Emma Quayle on Twitter what is going on with this trade and she believed it's a cap issue.

Seems we went into the trade period expecting to offload Motlop's salary and when that fell through, had to look elsewhere.

Beggars belief that we can be in this position after having already lost two best 22 and three fringe players in the past fortnight, but here we are.

Caddy next best behind Guthrie/Duncan/Menegola. A shame to lose our 6th string midfielder but we will recover.

I reckon you cant afford to lose even your sixth string midfielder, if he is that, I reckon he has better. Sydney, GWS, Dogs all have about 8 midfielders, that is why they where there at the end. Jong is about the Dogs 6th string midfielder and we cant afford to lose him. In my opinion it is wrong to trade Caddy, but it is just an opinion, what would I know ahead of the List managers?

Pick 24 is fair for Caddy - the reshuffle of 56 to 64 big deal means nothing

All these ratbags saying its a disaster - lets see what comes in with pick 24 - ive got total faith in Wells - who has got the runs on the board

When did Richmond last have twins playing for them - the Kelleway Twins ( who were good players ) - well next year they will have the Morris twins - they look like twins - and will move on the field like twin brothers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back