List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Josh Caddy + 56 traded to Richmond for 24 and 64

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people don't want to face reality. Or admit they were wrong about ex-Geelong players.

Or a bit of both.
Caddy is in good form, but the article in the HS today proves we weren't wrong. Caddy didn't want to play for us, and he proved it by getting his brother to drop his name to Gale. He was never going to have this season if we kept him.

Caddy is in good form, but the article in the HS today proves we weren't wrong. Caddy didn't want to play for us, and he proved it by getting his brother to drop his name to Gale. He was never going to have this season if we kept him.

Not the type of guy you want in your club.

Good luck to him. We're better off without him

Here's my red hot take: trading Josh Caddy was (probably unintentionally) a really smart bit of moneyball-esque list management. They had a player whose production they were able to replace with a player on (almost certainly) a much lower salary and they were able to get a decent asset in return. If that sounds crazy, consider this: the last six weeks of footy have been the best, easily, in Caddy's career. If you look at his numbers last year they were worse than his previous two years for the Cats, and even with his recent burst of form, his two year average AFL Player Rating is lower than that of the player who replaced him in the side, Sam Menegola (who incidentally is also having an amazing year). From a more qualitative point of view I think in acquiring Parfitt they've also picked up a player who will be really good over the long term but, maybe more importantly, adds a different dimension to stoppages compared to the straight lines guys we've already got.

Having written this Caddy will probably average 30 and 5 goals for the rest of the season and win the Brownlow but that's my take and I'm sticking to it.

Tonight typifies the Caddy we know. Dusty awol, gets a harder tag, noneski.

The entire tigers team played themselves back to their actual level. They really have been playing above themselves, working for each other and believing that they are destined. Jack Reiwoldts half time interview where he almost guaranteed that they’d win (his attitude not exactly his words) personified that.

They may have good form, but they seem to actually believe that they are Hawthorn or Sydney or Geelong (from all our dominant years) already.

Port took on the pressure, they were not afraid of it at all. They were bigger and stronger and had ridiculous timing with their passing and execution. Their gameplan to create stoppages for Ryder to dominate was really well thought out. They really showed that the Tigers are just a good, not great, team.

The entire tigers team played themselves back to their actual level. They really have been playing above themselves, working for each other and believing that they are destined. Jack Reiwoldts half time interview where he almost guaranteed that they’d win (his attitude not exactly his words) personified that.

They may have good form, but they seem to actually believe that they are Hawthorn or Sydney or Geelong (from all our dominant years) already.

Port took on the pressure, they were not afraid of it at all. They were bigger and stronger and had ridiculous timing with their passing and execution. Their gameplan to create stoppages for Ryder to dominate was really well thought out. They really showed that the Tigers are just a good, not great, team.
Hard to stay at the top these days where skill or tactical nouse only gets you so far. Player hunger much harder to sustain and such a factor now in our ugly maul infested game. Also, as you say, some smugness creeping into tigerland Interesting to see whether they head down the Bulldogs pathway or not.

It was a mistake to trade Caddy, the fact we salvaged the situation by drafting a better player in Parfitt is a relief.

However, the fact remains it was a poor decision to allow a good player entering the prime of his career to leave the club. Objectively, you couldn't say it is normal to receive a player of Parfitt's caliber at 24. He is probably at least a top 5 talent from that year. So we got a little bit lucky.

Exactly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ENOUGH SAID. Wells you have been embarrassed.

For a team lacking forwards you traded him and a pick
Seriously.

This deserves its own thread, as we are too often in lala land, and not acknowldging our errors.

I understand that in 3 years Parfitt might be ok, and Cockatoo might get on the field

Couldn't care less about Caddy - he was happy to go to a team that promised him midfield time and clearly couldn't less about playing for Geelong any longer & earning his run in the midfield.

The fact he no longer wanted to play in the blue & white is enough for me to say to get rid of the player - no point keeping someone who doesn't want to stay.

I'm happy to see the development of Parfitt & Narkle - two players we received from the draft picks in the Caddy trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back