List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Josh Caddy + 56 traded to Richmond for 24 and 64

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hindsight is always 20/20. Caddy had shown himself to be an average plodder in the midfield Over a number of years when we traded him. He was hell bent on being a midfielder - go read his interviews- and at Geelong he’d slipped behind danger, Selwood x2, Menegola, Duncan etc. I think also - at Geelong he falsely believed he was a mid. At the tigers, he’s found that at another club have told him he’s not a kid and maybe that second club telling him that has helped shift his mindset. Without that - does he spend 6 more years at Geelong as a wanna be plodding mid who refuses to fully embrace his forward role? MovING him on was the right move at that time. And Parfitt is a beauty.

Good on him for maturing and stepping up. But I don't think the club would have any massive regrets about this. Yes he'd be an upgrade on Menegola or Menzel (due to injury) but he'd be on more money than those 2 combined. Thuoy has done more for us compared to his replacement (zuthrie, ruggles, etc) than Caddy would compared to his replacement (Menegola). Taking out a faster smaller player would leave us unbalanced. Given our time over again I don't think we'd do anything different.

He's in All-Australian form at age 25, especially for a list that's getting belted in clearances every week, it's a big loss.
Playing Caddy in our forward line would do sweet f all for our clearance issues which mostly lie with the ruckmen we use.

Playing Caddy in our forward line would do sweet f all for our clearance issues which mostly lie with the ruckmen we use.

You think he’d be better in the guts than Danger Selwood Duncan? the clearance problem is our shit rucks.

Yeah our rucks are shit but our mids are also very poor around the clearances. Cripps absolutely killed us and that was regardless of who was winning the hitouts. I know the ruckmen are the obvious target but our midfield has been insipid around the clearances for most of the year especially defensively. You're right though in saying caddy wouldn't help that issue.

Yeah our rucks are shit but our mids are also very poor around the clearances. Cripps absolutely killed us and that was regardless of who was winning the hitouts. I know the ruckmen are the obvious target but our midfield has been insipid around the clearances for most of the year especially defensively. You're right though in saying caddy wouldn't help that issue.
Happy to acknowledge the weaknesses of our midfield this season but yeah, **** all to do with Caddy. Might as well rue the loss of Kersten.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anything's possible. But I don't think he would make the 22 if you could pick a side from anywhere in the league at his current form, let alone a dip.

On current form he'd breeze it in. Averaging nearly 20 touches a game and has already kicked 27 goals in 9 games from a half forward flank. Be curious to see how many other non-key forwards are doing that right now.

It's a no brainer.

On current form he'd breeze it in. Averaging nearly 20 touches a game and has already kicked 27 goals in 9 games from a half forward flank. Be curious to see how many other non-key forwards are doing that right now.

It's a no brainer.
But only able to do that in a side bereft of key forwards and other comparable targets.

An AA team with three keys and a resting midfielder or two would have no place for him, regardless of numbers.

He has won how many clearances this year exactly?

He's also not going to be All Australian.
That's a slightly silly question, given he plays up forward. But he is the size and type - and he's still managing three a game anyway, I should add.

He may be All-Australian, he's well on track for it IMO. I mean, he is kicking three goals a game and getting nearly twenty touches to boot - those are the sort of numbers that Stevie J only got at his absolute best. Frankly, only on 2018 form, he is the best non-key forward in it.

It's a no brainer.
Yeah easy. Who could you possibly pick ahead of him? Not Betts this year.
Just Robbie Gray who'd probs get picked as a mid anyway.
I honestly don't give a shit we traded him, just don't get the point of talking him down.

I don't blame the rucks. They're partly the problem but hardly the whole cause.
Plenty of midfields have done allright with a crap ruck.

You think he’d be better in the guts than Danger Selwood Duncan? the clearance problem is our shit rucks.
Not better than Selwood and Danger, but certainly better than Duncan in the guts of the game. That is not a knock on Duncan - but he's just not that type of player that does well in clearances. He's more Riccardi than he is Couch.

And yes, I take your point about the rucks.

Anything's possible. But I don't think he would make the 22 if you could pick a side from anywhere in the league at his current form, let alone a dip.
He is fourth on the Coleman Medal tally despite missing two games, and has three games where he's gotten more than twenty touches and more than four goals. I know stats aren't everything, but they point to a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back