List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Josh Caddy + 56 traded to Richmond for 24 and 64

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Casey's interest in going to Richmond started after they traded in his best mate Prestia & when Richmond offered him the opportunity to play through the midfield

Let's be honest - Geelong had no interest in trading Caddy. It was Richmond who approached him first, then Prestia talking to him and then him asking to go to Richmond.

If he wanted to stay he would have - it was his decision to go, not Geelong's
who is casey

Incorrect. See above. Richmond sought Caddy.
Yes AFTER Geelong had brought his name up as a potential trade.
Brett expressed a desire to go to Geelong and Geelong didn't have picks and my name was thrown up and it was put to me would I possibly think about that.
Hint hint - he is talking about GEELONG asking if he would think about that - not Richmond. He was a contracted player with a new house - the only reason this happened is because Geelong wanted it to. You don't offload a quality player for pick 24 unless you really want to.
"It's a bit of a funny feeling, it's something I didn't see coming a couple of weeks ago," Caddy said.
"Two weeks ago I was happy to stay and keep fighting for a spot in that midfield."
Does that sound like someone who requested a trade on their own behalf?

Hint hint - he is talking about GEELONG asking if he would think about that - not Richmond. He was a contracted player with a new house - the only reason this happened is because Geelong wanted it to. You don't offload a quality player for pick 24 unless you really want to.

Absolutely nothing there supports your position. Brendan Gale set it all out as I quoted above. They chased him and landed him. No hinting needed.

1. we intitated the conversation with the request for deludio

and narkle is irrelevant, as we traded an earlier pick, which could have been used on him
seriously
Incorrect, baseless and inconsistent with Brendan Gale’s account of it.

Why so angry dude? Why don't you chuck a spazz about Mitch Brown running around for Essendon, or Trav playing his 200th with Collingwood? Fact is, players and clubs part ways sometimes. It happens, sometimes it's mutual sometimes it's not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong were more than happy to move him on, who really knows who initiated it first but to me it wasn’t Caddy, he’s said before he was very settled, and you don’t buy a house in Geelong if you’re thinking of leaving.

Cats showed their hand to Richmond and got caught, Prestia then made sure Caddy got to the tigers.

The upshot is who cares.

Pick 24 for a contracted Caddy was unders then and it "low and behold" is well unders now.

Who we got for the pick is also irrelevant. Lets not make the same mistake with Kelly

Further to what catempire posted on the previous page - this is from the start of that article:

Just hours after the Western Bulldogs pulled off afairytale 2016 Grand Final triumph, Richmond chief executive Brendon Gale was networking in the AFL’s exclusive September Club, perhaps even dreaming his Tigers could achieve the same result one day.

Amid the raucous revelry coming from the corporate who’s who surrounding him, Gale was approached by a face he recognised as a one-time teammate who had been on Richmond’s supplementary list in the late 1990s.

His name was Saul Caddy; he wanted to introduce his brother Josh to Gale.

“It was just a chance meeting,” Gale revealed this week, eager to play down the importance of this never-before revealed conversation.

But what happened that night undoubtedly played a part in the Tigers securing Josh Caddy from Geelong in a surprise trade only weeks later — a player who would become a part of Richmond’s own fairytale success on the same day a year later, and a footballer rated as the AFL’s most improved this year according to Champion Data’s Official AFL Player Ratings.

“Saul just came up to and said ‘G’day’,” Gale told theHerald Sun. “I hadn’t seen him in years, I think he was still a bit dirty on not getting an opportunity all those years ago.

“Saul said that he would love to see Josh at Richmond. He didn’t bag Geelong or anything like that. He just indicated that Josh was a little bit restless.

“I hadn’t made the connection that Josh was his brother. I said just hello to Josh and we made some small talk.”

- Initial contact was made on the night of the 2016 Grand Final
- Initial contact was made by Saul Caddy (Josh's brother), who took the opportunity to introduce Josh to Gale.
- Saul tells Gale that night that he would love to see Josh at Richmond & that Josh was restless at Geelong

We need to remember that back in 2016 ahead of trade week that management for both Tuohy & Deledio approached Geelong to say that their clients wanted to leave their current clubs & play for Geelong from 2017. After the meeting between Gale & the Caddy on the GF night it's no shit that Richmond would then request Josh to be part of that trade

Can we stop blaming Geelong for something that was clearly initiated by the Caddy family

Geelong were more than happy to move him on, who really knows who initiated it first but to me it wasn’t Caddy, he’s said before he was very settled, and you don’t buy a house in Geelong if you’re thinking of leaving.

Cats showed their hand to Richmond and got caught, Prestia then made sure Caddy got to the tigers.
Exactly - Geelong told Caddy his position was up for grabs hence why a "CHANCE" meeting with his brother turns from Caddy loving this time at the cats, buying a house,1 year left on contract, working hard to break the midfield etc to moving to Richmond for PICK 24 !!! And your trying to tell me Geelong didn't want it to happen.

Facts - Geelong wanted Deledio, brought up a few options (including Caddy), Caddy got wind of this and said ok **** you I'll leave. Geelong says ok at leat we get cap space and a pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back