List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Josh Caddy + 56 traded to Richmond for 24 and 64

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are so wrong, just admit it, and walk away
poor form

From 2016 GF night:

His name was Saul Caddy; he wanted to introduce his brother Josh to Gale.

“It was just a chance meeting,” Gale revealed this week, eager to play down the importance of this never-before revealed conversation.

But what happened that night undoubtedly played a part in the Tigers securing Josh Caddy from Geelong in a surprise trade only weeks later — a player who would become a part of Richmond’s own fairytale success on the same day a year later, and a footballer rated as the AFL’s most improved this year according to Champion Data’s Official AFL Player Ratings.

“Saul just came up to and said ‘G’day’,” Gale told theHerald Sun. “I hadn’t seen him in years, I think he was still a bit dirty on not getting an opportunity all those years ago.

“Saul said that he would love to see Josh at Richmond. He didn’t bag Geelong or anything like that. He just indicated that Josh was a little bit restless.

The Caddy family talking to Richmonds CEO, telling him that they'd love to see Josh play for Richmond & that Josh is restless at Geelong - still want to blame Geelong when it was the Caddy family who made the initial contact & planted the idea of a move?

Was always going to be a bull, should've kept him l thought but the club should know.
According to Steve Hocking it was not a big loss because we have Darcy Lang and Nakia Cockatoo to replace Caddy in the midfield...

The other part for us is that guys like Cockatoo and Darcy Lang will find more time in the midfield with the opportunity that has been presented as well.

We also have the salary cap now to go after a big trade.

“If you have a look at where Josh was playing once Menegola and Scott Selwood got going, he became more of a forward than a midfielder at the back end of the year, and our expectation is that those two guys having a full pre-season and being available for most of next year should mean that they will spend more time within that midfield,” he said.
He is basically saying Caddy is not good enough for the midfield - sure Caddy appreciated getting slammed in the media by football manager.

Further to what catempire posted on the previous page - this is from the start of that article:

- Initial contact was made on the night of the 2016 Grand Final
- Initial contact was made by Saul Caddy (Josh's brother), who took the opportunity to introduce Josh to Gale.
- Saul tells Gale that night that he would love to see Josh at Richmond & that Josh was restless at Geelong

We need to remember that back in 2016 ahead of trade week that management for both Tuohy & Deledio approached Geelong to say that their clients wanted to leave their current clubs & play for Geelong from 2017. After the meeting between Gale & the Caddy on the GF night it's no shit that Richmond would then request Josh to be part of that trade

Can we stop blaming Geelong for something that was clearly initiated by the Caddy family

Don't think they want to read it.

At the end of the day Caddy is playing the same role at Richmond as he did with us. Just doing it a lot better.

To his credit he has embraced his role and is relishing it. Showed patches for us but has just kept performing this year.

Good luck to him but please, it's not like we got smashed in the trade. Salary cap savings might be more of the reason as to why he was offered.

Good luck to him but please, it's not like we got smashed in the trade. Salary cap savings might be more of the reason as to why he was offered.
Hocking said he was happy because it gave us salary cap flexability - who on our list deserves a significant salary increase? I can't think of any to be honest. So we must be targeting a big name to use Caddys salary for. OR we have a lot of players who are paid overs.

Hocking said he was happy because it gave us salary cap flexability - who on our list deserves a significant salary increase? I can't think of any to be honest. So we must be targeting a big name to use Caddys salary for. OR we have a lot of players who are paid overs.
How about Dangerfield.

Yes AFTER Geelong had brought his name up as a potential trade.

Hint hint - he is talking about GEELONG asking if he would think about that - not Richmond. He was a contracted player with a new house - the only reason this happened is because Geelong wanted it to. You don't offload a quality player for pick 24 unless you really want to.

Does that sound like someone who requested a trade on their own behalf?
It sounds like Richmond initiated it. But did they go to Geelong first, or Caddy's management?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about Dangerfield.
I'm pretty sure his salary is good enough already.

The Caddy deal was initiated due to the Deledio trade - Geelong wanted Deledio and Caddys name was brought up by GEELONG. Caddy gets pissed - expresses his views to family (obvious) - Gale has a CHANCE meeting with his brother who tells him Caddy is willing to move after the way the Cats treated him. Richmond expresses interest and the rest is history. You do NOT go from loving the club and buying a house in Geelong with 1 year left on a contract to wanting to leave unless the club (Geelong) has expressed the view that you are surplus to their requirements - hence chasing Deledio and bringing up Caddy as an option. Richmond would have had no ****ing idea about Caddy if the Deledio debacle did not happen OR a random meeting with his brother. Stop acting like Richmond knew all along that Caddy wanted to move and Geelong did not want it to happen. Geelong was happy to let a contracted player who kicks goals go for pick 24 and peanuts - thats the reality.

The Caddy deal was initiated due to the Deledio trade - Geelong wanted Deledio and Caddys name was brought up by GEELONG. Caddy gets pissed - expresses his views to family (obvious) - Gale has a CHANCE meeting with his brother who tells him Caddy is willing to move after the way the Cats treated him. Richmond expresses interest and the rest is history. You do NOT go from loving the club and buying a house in Geelong with 1 year left on a contract to wanting to leave unless the club (Geelong) has expressed the view that you are surplus to their requirements - hence chasing Deledio and bringing up Caddy as an option.
I don't give a crap about the constant whining over why Caddy left, you asked who deserves a salary increase, I answered it. The fact that 15 plus players across the afl earn more than Danger means he is underpaid. He is arguably the best player in the land. Or does that not count coz it doesn't fit the argument?

The fact that 15 plus players across the afl earn more than Danger means he is underpaid. He is arguably the best player in the land. Or does that not count coz it doesn't fit the argument?
Don't agree he is the best player in the land at all.. I think his contract is reasonable given the fact he was moving back home to a place he grew up. His kicking needs a lot of work as well. You cannot compare it to a player moving away to a franchise and demanding more money because of it. Try again. Off the top of my head I have Mitchell, Josh Kelly, Martin better than him. Cripps and Fyfe when fit as well.

The upshot is who cares.

Pick 24 for a contracted Caddy was unders then and it "low and behold" is well unders now.

Who we got for the pick is also irrelevant. Lets not make the same mistake with Kelly
This years trade period will offset that though when get Dalhaus and Gaff for free and a top 10 pick for Kelly. Every trade looks different every 12 months

Don't agree he is the best player in the land at all.. I think his contract is reasonable given the fact he was moving back home to a place he grew up. His kicking needs a lot of work as well. You cannot compare it to a player moving away to a franchise and demanding more money because of it. Try again. Off the top of my head I have Mitchell, Josh Kelly, Martin better than him.
I did say arguably so your opinion isn't the end of the discussion. And he lives here so he gets less, serious that is local footy crap not a multi million dollar industry standard. fwiw I think Danger is still the best player in the game.

Stop lying dude - its old. Geelong initiated the trade - he was still contracted and stated it on the record that it was GEELONG who initiated it. Not cool you are making things up. How would you feel if your boss came to you and said mmm we would like to move you on for an over the hill Deledio - of course he wanted to leave after that.. So much BS posted here.

If its on the record show us the link or GTFO.....

The Caddy deal was initiated due to the Deledio trade - Geelong wanted Deledio and Caddys name was brought up by GEELONG. Caddy gets pissed - expresses his views to family (obvious) - Gale has a CHANCE meeting with his brother who tells him Caddy is willing to move after the way the Cats treated him. Richmond expresses interest and the rest is history. You do NOT go from loving the club and buying a house in Geelong with 1 year left on a contract to wanting to leave unless the club (Geelong) has expressed the view that you are surplus to their requirements - hence chasing Deledio and bringing up Caddy as an option. Richmond would have had no ******* idea about Caddy if the Deledio debacle did not happen OR a random meeting with his brother. Stop acting like Richmond knew all along that Caddy wanted to move and Geelong did not want it to happen. Geelong was happy to let a contracted player who kicks goals go for pick 24 and peanuts - thats the reality.

You expect us to believe that Geelong was discussing a trade with Caddy prior to the end of our season in 2016 o_O

We know that both Deledio's management & Tuohy's management approached Geelong towards the end of the 2016 season to indicate that those 2 guys wanted out of their current clubs & would be interested in a trade to Geelong. Not sure I can actually believe that any club would start trade talks with one of their own contracted players during the season while they still had games left. Or did the conversation take place in the few spare days between the preliminary loss & the GF?

Surely it's more likely that Caddy was frustrated with the preliminary final loss and expressed his frustration to his family about his lack of midfield time & that he wanted to play more midfield. His brother might be a Richmond supporter & saw the GF night meeting as an opportunity to get in the ear of Gale and start the ball rolling.

Not sure why it's so hard to understand that it was the Caddy's who approached Richmond and in turn it was Richmond who bought up his name with Geelong - what would be the point of Geelong talking with Caddy about a potential trade to Richmond before the two clubs have sat down together to work out a starting point of what they each want?

Dont need him anyway as we are in full rebuild mode now.

Rather put time into Parsons and 5 more debutantes next year.
Parsons will never kick +40 goals a year. Parsons was a rookie pick, an okay one in that way, and Caddy was a Top 10 draft pick.

But yeah, I don't oppose more youth. Somewhere we will find some guns.

I like the look of Henry, he could be a very good player.

You expect us to believe that Geelong was discussing a trade with Caddy prior to the end of our season in 2016 o_O

We know that both Deledio's management & Tuohy's management approached Geelong towards the end of the 2016 season to indicate that those 2 guys wanted out of their current clubs & would be interested in a trade to Geelong. Not sure I can actually believe that any club would start trade talks with one of their own contracted players during the season while they still had games left. Or did the conversation take place in the few spare days between the preliminary loss & the GF?

Surely it's more likely that Caddy was frustrated with the preliminary final loss and expressed his frustration to his family about his lack of midfield time & that he wanted to play more midfield. His brother might be a Richmond supporter & saw the GF night meeting as an opportunity to get in the ear of Gale and start the ball rolling.

Not sure why it's so hard to understand that it was the Caddy's who approached Richmond and in turn it was Richmond who bought up his name with Geelong - what would be the point of Geelong talking with Caddy about a potential trade to Richmond before the two clubs have sat down together to work out a starting point of what they each want?
giphy.gif

Richmond found out about Caddy being open to a move after Geelong mentioned his name in the Deledio trade. Caddy called their BS and said OK you don't want me I'll go. YOU DO NOT BUY A HOUSE IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO LEAVE THE CLUB FFS. Tell me why Caddy completely changed his mind in 2 weeks when he was on record saying he was happy at the cats, bought a house and had 1 year left on contract. He changed his mind because Geelong treated him like shit - suggesting his place in the team was up for grabs. Fact.

I'm done here - proof was posted with quotes from both Caddy and Steve Hocking - if you cannot connect the dots then there is no help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back