List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Josh Caddy + 56 traded to Richmond for 24 and 64

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very surprised about this, as most of us are.

I can only assume they think Menengola is a better/similar option than Caddy, plus the salary cap issue mentioned earlier where they expected Motlop to go, but since he didn't someone else had to go.

This is the really worrying part.

The club has approached the trading period with the expectation that Motlop would be picked up, despite being absolutely appalling in an equally appalling Preliminary Final loss. It doesn't seem to have occurred to them that the other clubs don't want Motlop because they've seen how he folds under pressure. To make that worse, once that occurred they didn't seem to have any idea which players to move on to try and salvage the situation.

This should all be planned well before the last fortnight. There should be contingencies. And players who the captain says will definitely be there next year shouldn't be leaving three days later.

So you reckon he should have gotten a game over Selwood because Caddy got there first? I reckon he should have just learned to play better and pushed Selwood out in a role he could have owned.

I think he should have gotten a game over S Selwood because he played better. Don't really think S Selwood contributed anymore

something seriously stinks

We were trying to get deledio (on about 700,0000) and Touhy (offered around 400,000) by offloading some older players, some fringe players and motlop (on about 550,000).

We have offloaded the older and fringe players. But no one wants motlop so deledio deal is off (which you would think puts is 150,000 in the positive compared to our orginal plans as 700,000 - 550,000 = 150,000). But then we lose caddy as well who would have to be on atleast 400,000. Thus we suddenly have 550,000 less player talent than our original plans.

Where the hell did this 550,000 go? Was the football club robbed in the past couple of days?

And then we trade for a vfl forward in black who is on about 400,000. We may or may not be paying all of his salary. We have no fricken idea and the club won't tell us if we were. But if we are then it explains the mystery above. We have gotten rid of caddy to free up salary for Aaron black. Wow.

something seriously stinks

We were trying to get deledio (on about 700,0000) and Touhy (offered around 400,000) by offloading some older players, some fringe players and motlop (on about 550,000).

We have offloaded the older and fringe players. But no one wants motlop so deledio deal is off (which you would think puts is 150,000 in the positive compared to our orginal plans as 700,000 - 550,000 = 150,000). But then we lose caddy as well who would have to be on atleast 400,000. Thus we suddenly have 550,000 less player talent than our original plans.

Where the hell did this 550,000 go? Was the football club robbed in the past couple of days?

And then we trade for a vfl forward in black who is on about 400,000. We may or may not be paying all of his salary. We have no fricken idea and the club won't tell us if we were. But if we are then it explains the mystery above. We have gotten rid of caddy to free up salary for Aaron black. Wow.

The money would go to players who are already on our list. Their pay doesn't stay the same

Guys like Cockatoo, Gregson and possibly Menegola and Ruggles move off the base wage.
Menzel and Cowan were given low contracts previously due to their injury woes but now they are playing they get small rises.
McCarthy and others who re-signed this year would be seeing more money

The money would go to players who are already on our list. Their pay doesn't stay the same

Guys like Cockatoo, Gregson and possibly Menegola and Ruggles move off the base wage.
Menzel and Cowan were given low contracts previously due to their injury woes but now they are playing they get small rises.
McCarthy and others who re-signed this year would be seeing more money
That would of already been factored in two weeks ago.

Who the **** is taking up our salary cap space.. Dangerfield and Selwood I can understand - but after that our players are average and no way deserve massive salaries... What the **** is this club doing... We just had our older brigade retire as well who would have been on high salaries.

The other big ****up is our Captain coming out publicly saying Caddy will be at Geelong next year - what an absolute cluster ****. Do club managers not know how to communicate with the ****ing Captain? What the **** is going on down there, Chris Scott and the whole group have lost the ****ing plot. Keeping a player like GHS and offloading all our younger talent for packs of peanuts (Vardy, Kersten). The managing of Motlop has been an absolute cluster **** - were they really surprised no one wanted him after his behaviour and form? A lot of which the club is responsible for in not knowing how to handle it (oh no we can't drop him because his feelings will get hurt). Give me a ****ing break, how quickly this club can turn to shit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wells presser was absolutely shithouse at the end of days trading. No accountability from his end, basically blamed the manager and Richmond. Good players don't leave unless they are given a reason to. We didn't use voodoo to get Caddy over and I doubt the dollars are much different.
You guys need to do a review on this bloke after the last two years. The price you have paid hasn't justified the outcome.

The other big ****up is our Captain coming out publicly saying Caddy will be at Geelong next year - what an absolute cluster ****. Do club managers not know how to communicate with the ******* Captain? What the **** is going on down there, Chris Scott and the whole group have lost the ******* plot. Keeping a player like GHS and offloading all our younger talent for packs of peanuts (Vardy, Kersten). The managing of Motlop has been an absolute cluster **** - were they really surprised no one wanted him after his behaviour and form? A lot of which the club is responsible for in not knowing how to handle it (oh no we can't drop him because his feelings will get hurt). Give me a ******* break, how quickly this club can turn to shit.

I would request Mr.Emu, that you hop off the fence for a moment.

Tell us what you really think.

The other big ****up is our Captain coming out publicly saying Caddy will be at Geelong next year - what an absolute cluster ****. Do club managers not know how to communicate with the ******* Captain? What the **** is going on down there, Chris Scott and the whole group have lost the ******* plot. Keeping a player like GHS and offloading all our younger talent for packs of peanuts (Vardy, Kersten). The managing of Motlop has been an absolute cluster **** - were they really surprised no one wanted him after his behaviour and form? A lot of which the club is responsible for in not knowing how to handle it (oh no we can't drop him because his feelings will get hurt). Give me a ******* break, how quickly this club can turn to shit.

If I was Selwood, I'd be seething after today.

So George Horlin Smith remains a Geelong player, but we traded Caddy for peanuts.

I know it's not exactly apples with apples, but really?

Give it time. Picks in previous drafts seem to be firmly in the club's sights.

We've just given away two first round picks from 2010 - Smedts and (at Gold Coast) Caddy. Guthrie and Horlin-Smith should be very nervous for next year.

Now all we need is a Chris Scott press conference where he tells the world they don't know anything about football and our best is good enough. This guy has started believing his own bullshit unfortunately. I told everyone we would get reemed by the Swans and I heard the usual 'spin' about our best being good enough even though we were clearly average the whole year. People must judge this team on how we play, not just if we won by a few goals in the last minute after playing like complete shit for 3/4 of the game. This team is average and our drafting/development of players in the past 5 years has been shit. No players have turned out better than originally expected or surprised us. Our only A grade talent is Selwood and a traded in Dangerfield.

Ct6XNzuUEAAkMHl.jpg

I am of the opinion Caddy wasn't going to go until Smedts was moved on. They're very close and it wouldn't surprise me if Caddy got the shits with the club for pushing his mate out and just told them he wanted out too.

Now all we need is a Chris Scott press conference where he tells the world they don't know anything about football and our best is good enough. This guy has started believing his own bullshit unfortunately. I told everyone we would get reemed by the Swans and I heard the usual 'spin' about our best being good enough even though we were clearly average the whole year. People must judge this team on how we play, not just if we won by a few goals in the last minute after playing like complete shit for 3/4 of the game. This team is average and our drafting/development of players in the past 5 years has been shit. No players have turned out better than originally expected or surprised us. Our only A grade talent is Selwood and a traded in Dangerfield.

Smacks of an organisation that has drunk far too much of it's own bathwater. I've thought for a while that their appeared to be an unhealthy hubris that had crept into the club. Now I'm convinced. I think it's time that we saw some new faces in both the coaching and administration. When you're at any organisation for too long you lose focus and motivation. I think we are starting to see signs of that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back