Official Club Stuff Official: Tom Boyd officially a Bulldog for Griffen & Pick 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Just scroll through the excitement about Boyd.

The marketing, the hype, the members, sponsors, the good feeling around the club after a truly crap week...I think Boyd is well on his way to providing brilliant value for money.

Oh, and that's before he steps out onto the ground.

We're coming...

Really pleased with Boyd coming to Footscray, less pleased at the cost but happy we pulled the trigger to get it done. For all the posturing, both players get what they want, Clubs get what they want. GWS get 60+ games from an elite player to make them instantly better, we get an important cog in the machine with potential to stand out as a once in a generation full forward for us. Time will judge us all but I'm glad we took the risk.

Don't **** with us.

Golden rule of trading. Always get the best asset in the trade. Sooooooo, what's the best asset???

1. 28 year old midfielder with a bad back??
2. Pick 6 in a draft??
3. 200cm, 19 year old power forward rated the best player from the last 3 drafts????

Excuse me for cracking a cold one tonight. Please.

26, 27, 45, 64(cordy), thinks 100 and 116 (jong)

I can't see Durden lasting that long, we could get lucky with McKenzie in the 20's though

Stoked we have secured one of the best talents out there in Tom Boyd. Looking forward to seeing him in action at full forward. We had to pay overs but I'm nonetheless very happy. Hopefully this will get some disillusioned doggies fans back on board. Now we need a coach.

I can't see Durden lasting that long, we could get lucky with McKenzie in the 20's though
all depends on what we do on the last day of trade period
We might somehow get a first rounder.

Now to sort out the coaching issue.. Btw, what picks are we left with now?

Right now:
26, 27, 45, 64 (Cordy), 82, 100 (Jong)
plus 4 rookie draft selections

Main List Changes
Out: Gia, Goodes, Griffen, Howard, Higgins, Williams, Young
In: Boyd, (Cordy) (Jong)

With Cooney/Jones/Tutt likely gone tomorrow, surely Redpath is upgraded, probably Austin also. Don't want Austin but can't see a way to avoid it unless we land Merrett tomorrow.

all depends on what we do on the last day of trade period
We might somehow get a first rounder.

Who'd we give up for a first founder though? In reality none of our pups and it would come down to Jones or Cooney.. Btw , was any trade done for Jones? Or will he nominate in the PSD?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who'd we give up for a first founder though? In reality none of our pups and it would come down to Jones or Cooney.. Btw , was any trade done for Jones? Or will he nominate in the PSD?
Blues still wanna get Jones and Tutt just now that Boyd is done and Jak trade is done, it should be done tomorrow.

Right now:
26, 27, 45, 64 (Cordy), 82, 100 (Jong)
plus 4 rookie draft selections

Main List Changes
Out: Gia, Goodes, Griffen, Howard, Higgins, Williams, Young
In: Boyd, (Cordy) (Jong)

With Cooney/Jones/Tutt likely gone tomorrow, surely Redpath is upgraded, probably Austin also. Don't want Austin but can't see a way to avoid it unless we land Merrett tomorrow.

With what black pup hinted at. I wonder if we will trade one of those 2nd rounders?

Just scroll through the excitement about Boyd.

The marketing, the hype, the members, sponsors, the good feeling around the club after a truly crap week...I think Boyd is well on his way to providing brilliant value for money.

Oh, and that's before he steps out onto the ground.

We're coming...

A few posters already have.... :p

I still reckon we shoulda done something like pick 6 and 43 for pick 10 and 30 at the start of the week. GWS were always gonna deal, and always gonna demand out first, so why not extract a bit of value from it before they get their grubby mitts all over it? That's the sort of ballsy move collingwood etc get away with, but we're always too soft.

Anyhoo, delighted to have the big fella on board. Now can relax and enjoy the rest of trade week.

Bz-iHQGCEAAJ4-f.jpg

Sorry for the intrusion but what do you guys think the Hawks could give to you for pick 26 and/or 27?

I doubt you have anything we want that you'd be prepared to give away. We need a KPD and Shoenmakers aint one of those

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Official: Tom Boyd officially a Bulldog for Griffen & Pick 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back