Official Club Stuff Official: Tom Boyd officially a Bulldog for Griffen & Pick 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone able to post the players responses?

Also hope people rant to hard on Boyd next yr. his going to take a couple of years before he shows his true worth. Just don't want dickheads on Facebook bagging him after round 1.

Also club seem confident Cordy will be a good defender for us. Now to add some pace. Will cockatoo last to the 20's?

Finally, no need for a name change :)

Anyone able to post the players responses?

Also hope people rant to hard on Boyd next yr. his going to take a couple of years before he shows his true worth. Just don't want dickheads on Facebook bagging him after round 1.

Also club seem confident Cordy will be a good defender for us. Now to add some pace. Will cockatoo last to the 20's?

Finally, no need for a name change :)

Boys this is a great day, an historic day, in the history of our club. In one week we became ruthless - a club that will not be dictated to any longer. A club, who, on the back of going down a rebuilding path which will be the blueprint for all rebuilds in the future, showed enough balls to bet the house on one of the most promising players the game has seen.

I declare the 15th of October to be now known throughout the land as "Western Bulldogs Day".

As a Carlton supporter just want to say I think its great that the Doggies have been able to land Tom Boyd. Would have loved him at the Blues but have to strike when you can.

No doubt plenty of people will criticize the deal and the dollars but I know when we landed Judd after some dark years it was the best thing to happen to the club and really lifted the spirits.

Also, good to see someone other than Hawthorn, Swans and Geelong land a 'big fish' for a change.

I reckon well done to the Doggies for having a crack and landing Boyd.

I just love the fact that we essentially rewrote how the script usually goes. Players like Tom Boyd aren't supposed to come to teams like us unless we draft them and them promptly lose them. The fact that we spat in the face of the expansion club by getting is one thing but everyone would have been lining up for him next year. So we really just defied how this always goes down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you clink the little #postnumber you get a popup that allows for a link to the specific post on bigfooty.

If I do the what to the whosits ???

Ah, is that what that is for.... cool.. Many thanks !!!

They dont really have anything left to complain about (whiteants). Coach etc removed?

Btw guys wtf is the deal with Brodie Moles? Is that guy a drug addict? He has the wierdest twitter and has said some harsh things about Macca.
I don't think he's an addict but he definitely likes to have some fun. I think playing AFL football was his dream and he's gone off the rails since being delisted. (Some/most would say he was never on the rails to begin with but he's gotten worse).

Huge huge huge day for the club.

I do think we've come out with an outcome that wouldn't please an accountant in many ways.

Pick 4 and 6 and something surely would've been a better hand in the off season, on paper a better outcome. BUT the members don't give a s*** about that. The members care about the club losing it's captain and coach and whimpering it's way to the draft on the same old party line of "one day"

This, however, was a STATEMENT. Take our captain, and we'll give you a whack you don't want. We will slap you in the face and embarrass you in public. We made their CEO into a liar/gymnast.

As a club we walk out with a new, marketable face, a clear enemy a galvanised supporter base and a combination of this drafts two best kpfs anyway.

Great day to be a dog I'll remember for a while yet. With a history like ours a risk like this is worth it for the potential gain.

Good clubs pay overs now and then. Hawthorn in 2001 and every year since 08, Geelong this year and now us. Because we are bold bulldogs

Best of luck to you boys.
On face value it looks like GWS certainly got the better deal IMO, but considering where your list is at it would be a long shot for Griffen to still be around and playing good footy when you have your next serious tilt at a flag.
So this considered I think this is a really good trade as really you would not get that key forward you need with pick 6 and Griffen either way would not be a part of your next generation success.
Well done in end and the club certainly needs the PR of a big name recruit !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Official: Tom Boyd officially a Bulldog for Griffen & Pick 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back