Official Club Stuff Official: Tom Boyd officially a Bulldog for Griffen & Pick 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Having seen Boyd up close regularly this year (and I mean seriously up close. You can chat to the players on the bench at neafl games), don't underestimate how big this guy is. He is freakin huge in the flesh. Massive ass. Massive shoulders. Massive thighs. Still plenty of aerobic work to do, but he is bigger than minson, and can move. Just a beast.

Good, id rather people be negative, jealous and spiteful then all the fluffy niceness you get all the time being a bulldog supporter

After people find out I'm a doggies supporter, I'm pretty sure every person in history has said to me "öh got a soft spot for the doggies"

that's great let me give you a medal
Well done guys, good work to pull this off. He is exactly what you need. Hope to see doggies up there and making a real go of it soon enough. Got a soft spot for the doggies and saints so its good to see them making good decisions in the off season. Exciting times with Bont, Libba, Mcrae, Boyd etc, im almost jealous :)

Boyd is a Bulldog. That's good.

We gave up Arse-wipe and pick 6. I can handle that.

We pay part of Arse-wipe's contract NEXT YEAR ONLY because that was what he was contracted to us for - OK.

We pay part of Arse-wipe's salary beyond 2015 - ****ING MADNESS.

Hang on, have I missed something? I thought that we were only contributing to Griff salary for next year?

Having seen Boyd up close regularly this year (and I mean seriously up close. You can chat to the players on the bench at neafl games), don't underestimate how big this guy is. He is freakin huge in the flesh. Massive ass. Massive shoulders. Massive thighs. Still plenty of aerobic work to do, but he is bigger than minson, and can move. Just a beast.

201cm and, at 19, is probably still growing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boys for all of you who think what we paid is overs, I have two numbers for you, 2200 and 88,000. First number is the number of posts in this thread, the second is the number of views.

In 3 days.

Don't tell me he hasn't got the masses excited. Don't tell me that won't have a beneficial effect on membership. what a day, what a decision. Kudos Peter Gordon.

Sometimes unintended comments are gold, Carlton ex-player McKay (Vet I think) was being interviewed on SEN. The SEN host commented that Boyd is/was a Carlton supporter and was seen at some Carlton games last year in a Carlton scarf. Fair enough, Mckay then said that Carlton FC has hosted Boyd at several games last years. How does one club host ( whatever that means) another clubs player during the season.

He then admitted that they were very disappointed that Boyd had been snatched from them.

So it is obvious that Carlton were into Boyd in a big way and our snatch and grab is even more meritorious than it seems.

For those interested in any early signs of Boyd's impact keep an eye on membership numbers into Jan/Feb.

You have to disregard the fact that in normal circumstances what we traded for Boyd is overs because this is not your everyday circumstance. This is not apples for apples, we are buying the seeds to the best apples in the land that won't be available for sale in a few years. This is our opportunity so take it now. Respect must be shown to the bulldogs for having the guts to dream big. We could go along picking up players along the way like everybody else and hope for the best but to stand above and you must stand out.
There is no other move out there that could have put us on the map like this. To salvage the club that may have looked in crisis and turn this into a positive has to be worth paying overs in the trade. This will have a sudden flow on effect off the field by an increase in membership, market exposure and sponsorship. This will now also make the club more attractive to the best coach available and possibly more players down the line. This is all worth the price of overs to GWS.

Sometimes unintended comments are gold, Carlton ex-player McKay (Vet I think) was being interviewed on SEN. The SEN host commented that Boyd is/was a Carlton supporter and was seen at some Carlton games last year in a Carlton scarf. Fair enough, Mckay then said that Carlton FC has hosted Boyd at several games last years. How does one club host ( whatever that means) another clubs player during the season.

He then admitted that they were very disappointed that Boyd had been snatched from them.

So it is obvious that Carlton were into Boyd in a big way and our snatch and grab is even more meritorious than it seems.

For those interested in any early signs of Boyd's impact keep an eye on membership numbers into Jan/Feb.
I'm sure they could have got him with their war chest. That they spent on Dale Thomas....... :(

Win Win for all parties I loved watching Griff but he is nearly finished so he can move on a lot of pressure on a 19 year old but looking at him I think he will be ok

What we have to get right now is the coaching gig

Yep - it has been a pretty good day.

I haven't thought too much about the coach yet. Do you have much of an idea about who we should target? What sort of coach?

Hell yeah Fronk! Gone will be the midget forward lines of recent years

Sorry to intrude....but a massive well done on getting Boyd. Losing Griffen, even if he is a good midfielder only has a couple of good years left. Boyd thou has another 11 years in him and is a very very good talent and exactly what you guys needed. Your midfield can cover Griffen no worries at all. A good job well done on a perceived risk........but I think it will make you guys into a very good team in future.

Boys for all of you who think what we paid is overs, I have two numbers for you, 2200 and 88,000. First number is the number of posts in this thread, the second is the number of views.

In 3 days.

Don't tell me he hasn't got the masses excited. Don't tell me that won't have a beneficial effect on membership. what a day, what a decision. Kudos Peter Gordon.

Yep the only downside is having to listen to some opposition supports go on about how big the contract is. Jealous twats :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back