Rush Stand

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
Firstly, I think Gosch's Paddock for a professional football club is not ideal. Impossible to get any sort of privacy for practising our set-plays etc and other issues, and not ideal for players to be walking a few hundred metres in training gear in open areas.

So the question is does anybody know when the move to Olympic Park will occur? I would imagine firstly the new athletic facilities have to be operational at Albert Park, before Olympic Park will be redeveloped and handed over to Collingwood FC. Any information on the timeline of all this occurring will be appreciated.

Our club needs to go to an even higher level and this is a very important factor.

Firstly, I think Gosch's Paddock for a professional football club is not ideal. Impossible to get any sort of privacy for practising our set-plays etc and other issues, and not ideal for players to be walking a few hundred metres in training gear in open areas.

I agree but isn't it funny that last year the world could watch us train and our players had to do the extra few 100 metre walk yet we still won the Premiership :)

Eddie said in his address at the Copeland the other night that the Westpac Centre is about to under go a $20 Million upgrade, and he mentioned the relocation of the training track also.

Eventually our training ground will be where the running track now stands, but we had to wait for the VIS to move to their facility in Albert Park, which just opened a few weeks ago.

I'd say the earliest we will have the new training ground is for the 2013 season, but it may even be later then that.

Most of us will be hoping they at least decide to keep some of the stands around the old Olympic Park ground also, just so we can go watch training in relevant comfort, well compared to Gosch's anyway.

Yes, have to agree. The fact we have won a flag and been runners-up in the past 2 years, with the worst training ground in the competition is a remarkable effort. The surface is magnificent but the rest of the arrangement is not ideal. We can only get better!!

Yes i hope some of the grandstands or terraces at Olympic Park remain for us fans who like to go to training. That's the next exciting phase for our club anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Olympic Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back