Paris 2024 Olympics

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the best things about the Olympics is how positive the commentary usually is for all the athletes competing. A stark contrast to the critical nature of the 24/7 media about the footy and cricket.

This event is equal with World Cup Soccer and the ODI Cricket World Cup in terms of interest in once every 4 year events for me. Only the Ashes in England beats it.
Why is Caro there?

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

When’s the finals?
Quarter finals are tomorrow. Finishing top of our group should give us a favourable seed first up. Win that and we're guaranteed a medal match!

Most of the remaining matches are unfortunately in the middle of the night, but if we make the semis it will be either 11pm or 1130pm our time on Saturday night.

Quarter-Final is on at 6am tomorrow (i.e. later tonight, Paris time). Against the best 3rd place team from the group stage. Likely USA or France, but there's a fair few moving pieces. Uruguay giving USA a pretty good game at the moment.

Semi-Final should we make it will be 11.30pm Saturday our time, most likely v Fiji.

Medal games in the early hours of Sunday morning. 2.30am for bronze, 3.15am for gold.

Opening ceremony happening potentially after your time competing ends is wild... Do you get to stay in the village or do you come home when your event is done??

Smashed the yanks in the qtrs, even kicked a penalty, lol. Facing the might of Fiji in the Semis which will be tough. The Saffer/France semi is easily the weaker of the 2. If you think the guys are good, watch the Aussie girls. They are seriously next level. Cheer on the men in the Semi 11.30pm tonorrow night, girls Monday night I think.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could not give a stuff about most opening ceremonies. I watched ours but haven't bothered with any others.

I did see a clip of the Mr Bean bit from London which was pretty funny

Bring on the events

Love the Olympics.
Don't really care for the Opening Ceremonies. Didn't watch it this morning / last night (whenever it was).

Looking forward to
  • Swimming
  • Skate-boarding (I really loved this in Tokyo. So good seeing such young kids competing)
  • Track / Field (mostly enjoy the running, but don't mind a bit of high jump)
  • Boomers
  • Rowing
  • Diving

Time zone sucks. Tokyo was perfect.

Is my memory playing tricks, or did we have our Sydney 2000 swimming finals in the mornings to suit European/USA viewing times?
Thorpey defo led the relay win on Saturday night

Is my memory playing tricks, or did we have our Sydney 2000 swimming finals in the mornings to suit European/USA viewing times?

No, they were at night.

In the 2021 Tokyo Olympics the finals were in the morning. Mind you that was the height of Covid-19 which might explain it.

Will be interesting if we do have the finals in 2032 Brisbane Olympics in the morning tho.

There was a big controversy at the time because American TV didn't even bother to broadcast Sydney 2000 live. It was just a daily highlights package over there.

Not that Australia's was much better, which just repeated the same 3 events over and over again.

Australia with their first gold medal! (Only the third one awarded so far these games).

Grace Brown brings home the Gold in the cycling time trial, in the rain because lol Paris summer. First time Australia has ever won the event.

Meanwhile Fiji continued their undefeated run in Rugby 7s Olympic matches to defeat Australia in the quarter finals. Australia will play South Africa for a bronze medal.

Awesome swimming session
Ariarne Titmus gold in 400m freestyle
Elijah Winnington silver in 400m freestyle
Women's 4 x 100m freestyle gold (fourth Olympics in a row we've won this)
Men's 4 × 100m freestyle silver

Remove this Banner Ad

Paris 2024 Olympics

Remove this Banner Ad

Back