HB: Seed Keefe Sidey
C: O'bizzle Ball Young
Hf: Beams Reid Elliott
FF: Reid Cloke Fasolo
RR: Grundy Pendles Swan
Int: Adams Thomas Caff Goldsack
Emg: Karnezis Blair Sincs

Depth: Broomy, kennedy, dwyer, pick 6, pick 10,
Love that team.... three emergencies unlucky but will get games obviously. Caff and goldsack will have to perform or they will be replace quickly.
Ah , didnt realise we picked up Sam.

FB: Maxwell Brown Reid
HB: Williams Keeffe Seedsman
C: O'Brien Ball Beams
HF: Sidebottom Cloke Goldsack
FF: Elliott White Blair
R: Grundy Pendlebury Swan
I: Adams Macaffer Young JT

E: Dwyer Sinclair Lynch

Toovey/ Fasolo still coming back from injury.

FB: Maxwell Brown Reid
HB: Williams Keeffe Seedsman
C: O'Brien Ball Beams
HF: Sidebottom Cloke Goldsack
FF: Elliott White Blair
R: Grundy Pendlebury Swan
I: Adams Macaffer Young JT

E: Dwyer Sinclair Lynch

Toovey/ Fasolo still coming back from injury.

Both Toovey and Fasolo will do a full pre season and be ready for Round 1.
Who gets the chop..?

SEN

Backs
Young Brown Broomhead
Williams Keeffe Toovey

Midfield
Grundy Pendlebury Beams
O'Brien Sidebottom Adams

Forwards
Swan Reid Karnezis
White Cloke Elliott

Interchange
Ball Blair Thomas Fasolo

RES

Backs
Yagmoor Frost Armstrong
Maxwell Gault Seedsman

Midfield
Witts Macaffer Kennedy
Dwyer Goldsack Sinclair

Forwards
Mooney Oxley Ramsay
Hudson Lynch Martin

Interchange
Clarke 6 10 67 Kelly

Backs: A. Toovey N. Brown N. Maxwell
Half-Backs: T. Armstrong L. Keeffe M. Williams

Midfield: S. Pendelbury L. Ball H. Lumumba

Half-Forwards: J. Elliot J. White T. Broomhead
Forwards: B. Reid T. Cloke D. Swan

Rucks: B. Grundy T. Adams D. Beams

I/C: P. Seedsman J. Thomas S. Sidebottom
Sub: B. Kennedy

Emg: J. Witts A. Fasolo M. Clarke

Tim Broomhead should debut as he is a very classy player who will give us that midfield and foward run like Dale Thomas did. Ben Kennedy is the named as the sub but i believe him or Broomhead will be sub. Kennedy is named because he was one of our round one draft picks last year and at the moment Collingwood is transitioning into a new era.

Tony Armstrong is named straight onto the Half-Back Flank. I think because he is the only experienceddefender with an elite kick he will be in our best 22. Sidbottom won't play in the backline all the time and Ried is tour second key forward. Marley Williams and Paul Seedsman kicking skills are still very rusty, while Nick Maxwell doesn't have alot of legs speed and isn't considered a prime runner out of defence. Alan Toovey's weakness is his kicking skills. Heritier Lumumba plays mainly on the wing now. And his kicks are usally long kicks not pinpoint short kicks. So Tony Armstrong in our backline is the missing link.

Dane Swan is named in the forward line but he will be apart of the midfield rotation. Swan will be sent in the forward line a bit more as he can kick goals. All three talls Jessie White, Ben Reid and Travis Cloke are named in the forward line. Cloke and Reid will be the two main targets while White will play a fwd/ruck role similar to Leigh Brown. Jamie Eliot will probably play more time in the midfield but will still be a dangerous forward. Alex Fasolo is not named there but will push for selection. I just can't find a spot for him yet. He still is a very dangerous forward and could potential kick 30+ goals. Blair is not named their because he only really tackles. We will won't a forward who can kick more goals.

Our two wingers are Scott Pendelbury and Heritier Lumumba. Pendelbury has very good ball use and played well on the wing against the swans. Lumumba is that speedy winger that will push down help our defense than charge into the midfield and maybe kick a goal. Pendelbiry is named on the wing because with good ball winners like Taylor Adams and Luke Ball and the stopage senseDayne Beams has there is little room for Pendelbury in the mids. Says alot about our midfield depth.

The Bench has Steele Sidebottom, Josh Thomas and Paul Seedsman. Sidebottom will be our swingman like Andrew Walker or Jarrod Harbrow. He will play back forward or in the mids. Thomas was very good in his debut year. He'll probably want more time in the midfield this year but i can't see that happening with guys like Adams Beams Ball and Pendelbury ahead of him. The thing going in his favour is that Dane Swan will probably spend mre time Forward. And Paul Seedsman will again give us alot of run down back and on the wings. He will spend some time at half-forward and maybe kick a goal.

The emergencies are Alex Fasolo Jarrod Witts and Martin Clarke. Alex Fasolo is unlucky not to be named. Jarrod Witts will provide backup if one of our key forwards fall. He was very good up forward last year in the latter half. He was unlucky to be replaced by Quinten Lynch. Marty Clarke isn't good enaogh to make the top 22 but could be handy backup.

Who's not Mentioned but could be handy if we kneed them:

Ben Sinclair
Tyson Goldsack
Mathew Sharenberg
Nathan Freeman
Brent Macaffer
Adam Oxley
Clinton Young
Ben Hudson

Tony Armstrong is named straight onto the Half-Back Flank. I think because he is the only experienceddefender with an elite kick he will be in our best 22.
Not sure if serious here.

Russel did get games but I'm not certainly one to advocate that was right either!

Armstrong needs a complete mindset change IMO to be best 22 and if you all reckon he's best 22, then I guess Champion Data did get our list ranking wrong.....we should be closer to 14-15th then!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B- Ballantyne Pavlich Walters
Williams Brown Sinclair

HB- Slyvia Bradley Mayne
Maxwell Reid Lumamba

C- Pearce Barlow Fyfe
Sidebottom Ball Beams

HF- Suban Dawson Spurr
Fasolo Cloke Dywer

F- Johnson Mcpharlin Duffield
Elliot White Goldsack

R- Sandilands Mundy Crowley
Grundy Pendlebury Swan

Int: Hill Mzungu De Boer Gumbleton
Int: Adams Keeffe Thomas Young

Emergency: Macaffer Blair Lynch

That's how I see it at the moment, blair and caf unlucky however we will have injuries and they will be both probably be playing

Russel did get games but I'm not certainly one to advocate that was right either!

Armstrong needs a complete mindset change IMO to be best 22 and if you all reckon he's best 22, then I guess Champion Data did get our list ranking wrong.....we should be closer to 14-15th then!

The difference between Armstrong and Russell, is that Russell is too short to be a key defender and too slow to man small forwards. He got carved up against Carlton in round 2 playing on Garlett and Yarran and he'd never get a role on a Key Forward like Roughead. Wheather Armstrong has similar qualities to Heath Shaw (who played well on the three amigos). Both Armstrong and Shaw nail short passes and can do kick ins. They're both fast and can run the ball out of the backline and they're both good tacklers and one-on-one players.

And anyways the reason Armstrong is n my best 22 is not straight on talent. Its because he realy is the only experienced defender we have that can play a role similar to Heath Shaw's.

Round one match ups prediction

Fwd: H. Ballantyne M. Pavalich M. Walters
Backs: A. Toovey N. Brown M. Williams
Hlf-Fwd: C. Mayne S. Gumbleton C. Sylvia
Hlf-Backs: N. Maxwell L. Keeffe T. Armstrong

Mids: S. Hill N. Fyfe M. Barlow
Mids: H. Lumumba L. Ball S. Pendelbury

Hlf-Backs: D. Pearce L. Mcpharlin T. Muzungu
Hlf-Fwds: B. Kennedy J. White J. Elliot
Backs: P. Duffield Z. Dawson M. Johnson
Fwds: D. Swan T. Cloke B. Reid

Ruck: A. Sanilands D. Mundy R. Crowley
Ruck: B. Grundy T. Adams D. Beams

I/C: L. Neale L. Spurr Z. Clarke
I/C: P. Seedsman J. Thomas S. Sidebottom
Sub: A. Simpsons
Sub: T. Broomhead

Toovey will take Ballantyne and Williams will man Walters. And our two key backs Brown and Keeffe should take Pavalich and Gumbleton respectively. Maxwell will take Mayne because they're both medium type players and Armstrong would take Sylvia as Sylvia pushes up the ground more.

Lumumba and Hill will go head to head n the wing as they both like to take the game on and break tackles.

Duffield will probalbly be given the tough responsibility of Swan. I think Dawson will man Cloke because he played well on him in the two grand finals. While Mcpharlin handles White. I'm not sure who Feo's third tall defender is so i think Johnson might take Reid im not sure.

I believe Broomhead and Simpson will be the two subs as they have little game expperience but alot of talent.

SEN

Backs
Toovey Brown Scharenberg
Williams Keeffe Lumumba

Midfield
Grundy Pendlebury Beams
Thomas Sidebottom Adams

Forwards
Swan Reid Fasolo
White Cloke Elliott

Interchange
Ball Blair Dwyer Freeman

RES

Backs
Armstrong Frost Seedsman
Broomhead Oxley Maxwell

Midfield
Witts Macaffer Langdon
Young Goldsack Sinclair

Forwards
Karnezis Marsh Mooney
Kennedy Lynch Martin

Interchange
Ramsay Hudson Yagmoor Clarke Gault

Plus unlimited changes at all breaks

Yeah i forgot but you can only realy make 3 changes a break, 3x3=9 that makes it 129 changes. 129is still alot of changes i was just pointing out the interchange cap

B: N.Maxwell, N.Brown, M.Williams
HB: M.Scharenberg, L.Keefe, S.Sidebottom
C: H.Lumumba, D.Swan, C.Young
HF: D.Beams, T.Cloke, A.Fasolo
F: J.White, B.Reid, J.Elliott
R: B.Grundy, S.Pendlebury, L.Ball
I: J.Blair, T.Adams, B.Macaffer
S: J.Thomas

EMG: S.Dwyer, P.Seedsman, N.Freeman, T.Goldsack, Q.Lynch, B.Kennedy

*A.Toovey left out, still recovering

I think we need to play sidey down back, because we lack some real class down there at the moment. Scharenberg will be a star, but it is important we don't burden him with all our creativity form half back. If the club opts to play sidebottom more as a mid/forward i would bring the seed in as the creative defender.

We currently have a great core of 30 players who are all capable of playing in the best 22 which is huge for competing for spots. Fasolo and Elliott must deliver as the small forwards next season, because we simply don't bat very deep in that department.

Midfield depth is great, Pendlebury, Swan, Beams, Ball, Adams, Macaffer, Blair, Thomas. Looks good.

If this side stays healthy, and particularly our stars, we can make top 4, i still have faith.

In Bucks i trust.

This 22 is purely what i'd like to see by maybe Round 10.

B: Toovey - Brown - Williams
HB: Lamumba - Reid - Scharenberg
C: Young - Ball - Sidebottom
HF: Dwyer - White - Beams
F: Elliott - Cloke - Fasolo
R: Grundy - Swan - Pendelbury
Int: Adams, Thomas, Freeman, Macaffer

A few players pretty stiff to miss. I think our depth is magnificent.

Seedsman, Maxwell, Kennedy, Lynch, Sinclair, Keeffe and Goldsack aren't stars, but they can play a role.

I've got high hopes for Karnezis and we've got some promising young guys like Oxley, Broomhead, Martin, Marsh and Langdon floating around too.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Pick your Round 1 team for 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back