Autopsy Pipped by 1 in a thriller!

Remove this Banner Ad

So why put all the blame on Adams. The entire midfield unit had poor days.

Weirdly even though his attempt at goal was laughable, thought Adams was one of the better mids. He wasn't the one letting Serong off the chain early.

Adams had like 19 touches 4 marks 6 tackles and used the ball at 63% which isn't that bad for a half-forward on baller. He just had a stock standard game that i would expect from him it was just our main bull mids couldn't get their hands on it in the first half. Our backman couldn't get their hands on the footy either and we disposed of it well below what we average. If your putting the blame on one particular player i think its just a cop out because it was a team fault just due to a lack of two way running that we lauded the team for in previous weeks

View attachment 2035848

Bad kicking is bad football etc.
But the Dockers had an unusually good day in front of the sticks (and, funnily enough, we actually weren’t that inaccurate)

Probably explains why the loss didn’t feel “that” bad.
Pretty much why I am not really upset about it. People go on about how we need our main 3 to fire and they didn't kick a goal. But they didn't kick a goal and we still scored 98 which wins most games this year.

I can accept this one a lot more than I can accept the Richmond one

I think end of the year this loss looks ok, Freo are a decent team.

Young side on the weekend , a season building win. Not good enough for Robbos column, rather talk Essendon.
We're flying this year .... but when we lose, being "a young side" is no longer a viable excuse.

Freo were younger than us on the weekend.

I think end of the year this loss looks ok, Freo are a decent team.

Young side on the weekend , a season building win. Not good enough for Robbos column, rather talk Essendon.
We let Fremantle(!!) kick 9.5 in a half of footy.

That is putrid by any measure.

Freo have their strengths for sure, but heavy-scoring barrages are not one of them.

And for all the talk about how our midfield had their colours lowered at stoppages, the overwhelming majority of Freo's scores came from defensive transition, not from stoppages, which shows it's a work rate thing for us.

We just couldn't be arsed doing anything that required us getting out of second gear. Running, tackling, general competing.

That makes it a terrible loss IMO. But one we needed to get out of our system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully now, two days after the fact, Garry Lyon has finally been able to wrap his head around the fact that Nat Fyfe, who once won two Brownlows but is now old and closer to average than he is elite, did a tagging job.

Absurd commentary. You'd think peak Dusty had been sent to Heeney.

We let Fremantle(!!) kick 9.5 in a half of footy.

That is putrid by any measure.

Freo have their strengths for sure, but heavy-scoring barrages are not one of them.

And for all the talk about how our midfield had their colours lowered at stoppages, the overwhelming majority of Freo's scores came from defensive transition, not from stoppages, which shows it's a work rate thing for us.

We just couldn't be arsed doing anything that required us getting out of second gear. Running, tackling, general competing.

That makes it a terrible loss IMO. But one we needed to get out of our system.

That's true , But I think you have to give Freo some credit , or Maybe I am just looking for the sunshine misery guts, geez 🤣

We're flying this year .... but when we lose, being "a young side" is no longer a viable excuse.

Freo were younger than us on the weekend.

Freo were the young side not us.

I meant Fremantle had this great win and no one gave a ****, they don't care about being able to knock us off and they don't care Freo did it.

Both sides disrespected a bit

In a weird way it’s the loss we needed. For a good 6+ weeks we have got away with playing utterly rubbish for a quarter and then getting away with it on class

We won’t be that fortunate in a final where going down by 20 plus never works

That's true , But I think you have to give Freo some credit , or Maybe I am just looking for the sunshine misery guts, geez 🤣
Oh I'm totally on board the good vibes train, but ironically for the opposite reason to you. I don't rate Freo, so I'm not that concerned about a loss to them. If it was against Carlton, maybe there'd be a slither of doubt creeping in.

Jye Amiss has had the yips this year with a 46% scoring accuracy this season (he is elite in behinds). He kicked 3 straight against us. Some days players just make the most of their chances.

Sport is fascinating we played them only 6 weeks ago.

We all felt the game was closer than the scoreboard suggested and voila

FREMANTLE 1.5 1.8 2.13 4.15 (39)
SYDNEY 3.0 9.0 11.2 13.9 (87)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back