Autopsy Pipped by 1 in a thriller!

Remove this Banner Ad

Could make the case play now and get fit because by that late do we want to be changing things?

Could make the case play now and get fit because by that late do we want to be changing things?

There is a very big element of risk/reward with Mills but it rarely pays off with us.

Horse is already on record saying he won't be ready for a game for 3 weeks. I think he said they'd look at him coming back through the 2nds on the 3rd week.

they also said he'd have 2 match sims over the course of 2 weeks, one of those was this week. It also wouldn't surprise me if they re-think things given the Cunningham injury and the lack of faith in Roberts and Fox considering Clearly and Campbell have been ahead of them.

they also said he'd have 2 match sims over the course of 2 weeks, one of those was this week. It also wouldn't surprise me if they re-think things given the Cunningham injury and the lack of faith in Roberts and Fox considering Clearly and Campbell have been ahead of them.
I don’t think Campbell and Cleary are necessarily ahead of Fox and Roberts. I think it’s smart to get game time into all of our fringe players and to ensure their fitness by rotating the sub role. We’ve had a good run with injury but imagine going into a final having to play someone with next to no game time in the seniors this year. Not ideal.

Our worst game of the year finishes with a 1 point loss…….we looked flat and were hopelessly out worked, yet could have pinched it. Again, may turn out to be the sharpener we needed.l.
Correction: the Richmond game was our worst of the year.

In fact, it may have been our worst of the decade.

Yesterday was ordinary. The Richmond game was an abomination.

I'm sure covered elsewhere but it didn't look like a senior player went and spoke to Logan before that kick (let alone anyone telling him how long he had before the siren). As soon as it became clear he had to kick over the man on the mark, it seemed to get in his head. I can't believe if a Parker or Mills is playing one of them doesn't get across over to him to calm his nerves and assure him if he kicks it properly he makes the distance.

Don't believe that Cleary is ahead. He isn't a defender so isn't in line to replace Cunningham. I have lost all faith in Campbell and vastly prefer Fox and Roberts to come in. Campbell to sub or VFL.

May be recency bias or simply the difference between being there live versus watching on TV, but I thought yesterday's performance was worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think the way we showed up yesterday was worse, we were not off the pace as much v Tigers as we were yesterday imo

So will Horse roll the dice and play Mills next week?
Doesn’t need to change the plan with him if we are the best team in it.
We should cope easily with the Saints.

I don’t like how we conceded 9 scoring shots at goal in the first for 7 goals.
Really, really good teams don’t do that at their fortress.

Making it clear that the biggest reason we lost lay in the midfield but:
After a Freo goal our defence gathered:
McCartin, Melican, Blakey, Florent, Campbell and Lloyd. That's 3 blokes who are poor one on one defenders. I freaked. McCartin also got done 3 times early in the game.
For mine selection was an issue. I understand with Cunningham hurt someone had to go back but McInerney would have been better than Lloyd. Roberts or Fox should have been playing instead of Campbell. Ollie missed at least 2 tackles that I saw.
Also not sure that our midfield support was up to it either.
Their smalls kicked 8 of the 15 goals, possibly their best return this season.
Food for thought.
Our guys help each other out, partly to cover one on one weaknesses. There was less of this yesterday. The Freo smalls had a field day. Even before his injury I thought Harry was well beaten.

Most weeks I am more worried about. Oppo smalls than talls. Next up is Higgins and Butler. I reckon Fox and Roberts come in for Harry C and Cleary.

Doesn’t need to change the plan with him if we are the best team in it.
We should cope easily with the Saints.

I don’t like how we conceded 9 scoring shots at goal in the first for 7 goals.
Really, really good teams don’t do that at their fortress.

It was a shit performance , but the idea it disqualifies us a being a good side that some like to run with is baffling.

We have some supporters who seem to dismiss everything we do and pump up everything the opposition too. Seem to enjoy us losing , in their element. Not saying that's you either , but we have lost one game at home by 1 point. That's pretty good

It was a shit performance , but the idea it disqualifies us a being a good side that some like to run with is baffling.

We have some supporters who seem to dismiss everything we do and pump up everything the opposition too. Seem to enjoy us losing , in their element. Not saying that's you either , but we have lost one game at home by 1 point. That's pretty good
They happen.

Trick is to try and make sure they dont happen on the big days that count.

Can you check if I have authority to overrule Horse?

I would like the Club to adopt a set of golden rules re selecting injured players.

Horse should have input but no more than any other club figure.

I honestly believe selecting lame players is his ‘Achilles Heel “. He is completely untrustworthy on the subject and should have no say on selection of injured players in Match Committee.

Fwiw I believe he stupidly believed the lies of others on the Reid selection issue and was let down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Pipped by 1 in a thriller!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back