Autopsy Pipped by 1 in a thriller!

Remove this Banner Ad

What is?

I’m not blaming McDonald for the loss overall. He wasn’t any worse that a good number of our players today (though he was pretty damn poor). I just meant he deserves to be criticised for such a piss poor kick and complete lack of composure at a key moment. I don't understand why some on here still think he should be coddled. He's a 4th year AFL forward. I don't think it's controversial to suggest he should have done better with that kick.
He doesn’t have a good looking set shot. I rate McLean and armartey above him. Armartey had terrible delivery to him that’s why he was so quiet today.

2.7 to 7.2 at one point.

Some bad misses that are only ever going to happen once in a blue moon.

I do think we'll drop 1 or 2 more games before finals, but this isn't the end of the world.

The lid is is still off.

Freo beat us pretty convincingly imo. They're our biggest threats since they've matched up on us soo well. TBH they should've beaten us in the previous match up too. They played pretty much the perfect game, they've got the players to do it again & it's a repeatable game style for them.

I'm not worried about any other team apart from Freo. They haven't got enough kudos for their win.

He doesn’t seem to impact the game much apart from a few opportunistic goals. Today he was pretty accurate though.
Not having a shot but I suggest you just watch HIM instead of the ball when it's in our zone to see what he's doing. It's really hard to know otherwise. That goes for any player.
I watch Wicks' support play a bit and it's amazing how often he's available for a handball or short kick. Of course his goal was a great example of his pressure. Coaches love that stuff.

Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 12.33.06 PM.png
I think this comparison is very telling of the quality of Hayward compared to Wicks. Wicks still is a quality squad player but Hayward this year has really taken a step forward to become an allrounder in the forward line able to take marks but also apply pressure to the level or exceeding that of Wicksy.

Not having a shot but I suggest you just watch HIM instead of the ball when it's in our zone to see what he's doing. It's really hard to know otherwise. That goes for any player.
I watch Wicks' support play a bit and it's amazing how often he's available for a handball or short kick. Of course his goal was a great example of his pressure. Coaches love that stuff.

It's hard to tell on TV due to the zoomed in nature of the camera angles but all those plays are noticeable at the ground. One of my pet peeves is not having a behind the goals angle for the audience.

View attachment 2036648
I think this comparison is very telling of the quality of Hayward compared to Wicks. Wicks still is a quality squad player but Hayward this year has really taken a step forward to become an allrounder in the forward line able to take marks but also apply pressure to the level or exceeding that of Wicksy.
Do you really need fantasy points !

Do you really need fantasy points !
On Wheelo you can't adjust the comparison statistics i don't believe so had to go with those, i wanted to be able to include stats like pressure acts, tackles inside 50, goal accuracy etc but can't

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here are all the stats breakdown for Hayward and Wicks side by side, sorry about the poor screenshots.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 7.01.22 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 7.01.22 PM.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 7.01.34 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 7.01.34 PM.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 7.01.43 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 7.01.43 PM.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 7.01.53 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 7.01.53 PM.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 10
Yeh Hayward is better this year. I do like Wicks.
Logan on the other had doesn’t take pack marks, isn’t quick enough on the lead, and isn’t agile enough when the ball hits the deck. He only had the last shot because Blakey served it to him on a plate.

There is a bloke on here who said his Mrs is a bad luck charm and he was taking her to the game..I blame him
Guilty as charged! 👋🤦‍♂️

I take full blame for the loss… the boys never stood a chance once she rocked up at the ground.

Have a guess which game she last attended (and only one for 2023)?? Yep, last year’s Port game with the O-Flo kick at the end! 🤷‍♂️

Re: Wicks and stats, there was a point in this game where he was 1v3 in our forward 50 in the second quarter (I think, we were kicking to the left of screen). The Freo players managed to work the ball out eventually, but Wicks didn't stop the entire time and closed on them all as they disposed. Unfortunately he didn't disrupt the rebound 50, but what could have been a pick up and kick straight out of the back 50 ended up being pushed to the boundary and then a kick down the line.

I'm not sure what this would get, 1%er, pressure act or what, but when people talk about his pressure, that's what I think of. It's kind of like Adams smashing into a pack for a ground ball. Not always effectively but makes life a lot harder for the opposition.

Re: Wicks and stats, there was a point in this game where he was 1v3 in our forward 50 in the second quarter (I think, we were kicking to the left of screen). The Freo players managed to work the ball out eventually, but Wicks didn't stop the entire time and closed on them all as they disposed. Unfortunately he didn't disrupt the rebound 50, but what could have been a pick up and kick straight out of the back 50 ended up being pushed to the boundary and then a kick down the line.

I'm not sure what this would get, 1%er, pressure act or what, but when people talk about his pressure, that's what I think of. It's kind of like Adams smashing into a pack for a ground ball. Not always effectively but makes life a lot harder for the opposition.
Yeah. I remember that and thought the same. Valuable time for our mids and defence to set up.

Guilty as charged! 👋🤦‍♂️

I take full blame for the loss… the boys never stood a chance once she rocked up at the ground.

Have a guess which game she last attended (and only one for 2023)?? Yep, last year’s Port game with the O-Flo kick at the end! 🤷‍♂️
Please tell us you've banned her from all future games? Particularly finals?

Yeh Hayward is better this year. I do like Wicks.
Logan on the other had doesn’t take pack marks, isn’t quick enough on the lead, and isn’t agile enough when the ball hits the deck. He only had the last shot because Blakey served it to him on a plate.
He's an excellent field kick and very good one on one overhead mark. Wouldn't be surprised to see him play as a third tall defender / interceptor in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back