List Mgmt. Player List Management 2019-20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will have too many 30+ aged players come 2021 and too many mid aged reserve/fringe players. I hope to see us reduce it significantly.
What do you define as mid aged? 25-28 year olds? We don't have many of them.

I think we will have too many 30+ aged players come 2021 and too many mid aged reserve/fringe players. I hope to see us reduce it significantly.
Yep. I can see that Ken will point to finishing top (or near) in the Home & Away, for justification not to at least have Ebert (health) and Westhoff gone end of this year. It's obvious we need to stagger all the retirements, but I have no faith we have the guts to do it.

Yep. I can see that Ken will point to finishing top (or near) in the Home & Away, for justification not to at least have Ebert (health) and Westhoff gone end of this year. It's obvious we need to stagger all the retirements, but I have no faith we have the guts to do it.
We have shown plenty of guts in shedding Polly and Chad I would think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon set it at 38+2 from next year and be done with it. Let clubs work it out.

If clubs are over, they don’t get draft picks, and can trade this years picks for next years picks.

If clubs are already over, they must trade out players, if not tradeable, they can pay them out and release them, or play them in the second tier. Regardless it should come off the salary cap.

Tough times require tough measures. Clubs can whinge about it. But it is totally doable.

I reckon set it at 38+2 from next year and be done with it. Let clubs work it out.

If clubs are over, they don’t get draft picks, and can trade this years picks for next years picks.

If clubs are already over, they must trade out players, if not tradeable, they can pay them out and release them, or play them in the second tier. Regardless it should come off the salary cap.

Tough times require tough measures. Clubs can whinge about it. But it is totally doable.

The point of reducing lists is that they don't wan't to pay these players. If it ends up being a small number of players impacted, maybe the AFL finds a way to settle it, but a contract is a contract. It can be broken but you then need to deal with the consequences.

What do you define as mid aged? 25-28 year olds? We don't have many of them.

I'm still uncomfortable with something around that age group. Drew and Atley are basically our midfield depth besides the unknown rookies and together with needing to cull much older players it is not ideal.

PS I reckon this season we would've been a serious sanfl contender though. We would've had more experienced players in the side since 2014. A missed opportunity damn it.

I'm still uncomfortable with something around that age group. Drew and Atley are basically our midfield depth besides the unknown rookies and together with needing to cull much older players it is not ideal.

PS I reckon this season we would've been a serious sanfl contender though. We would've had more experienced players in the side since 2014. A missed opportunity damn it.

Cannot see Atley staying.

We would have:
Farrell
Burgoyne
Williams
Mead

And probably Schofield by the end of the year. Jones is also capable of fitting there based on his SANFL form and fitness.

This could have been the side if we played SANFL next week for example.

F: Georgiades - Buzza - Williams
HF: Woodcock - Westhoff - Sutcliffe
C: Bergman - Atley - Mayes
HB: Bonner - Pasini - Lienert
B: Watts - Goldsack - Garner
R: Hayes - Ebert - Drew
INT: Mead - Cox - Patmore - Burgoyne
EMERG: Frederick - Grundy

This could have been the side if we played SANFL next week for example.

F: Georgiades - Buzza - Williams
HF: Woodcock - Westhoff - Sutcliffe
C: Bergman - Atley - Mayes
HB: Bonner - Pasini - Lienert
B: Watts - Goldsack - Garner
R: Hayes - Ebert - Drew
INT: Mead - Cox - Patmore - Burgoyne
EMERG: Frederick - Grundy

That is a premiership team to be quite frank.

So it really is only Farrell as the others are hopefuls.

Was Schofield invited to the draft camp? I don't recall seeing his name.

YES!

South Australia (Wednesday, September 30)
Brayden Cook (South Adelaide)
Caleb Poulter (Woodville West Torrens)
Corey Durdin (Central District)
Henry Smith (Woodville West Torrens)
James Borlase (Sturt)
Jye Sinderberry (West Adelaide)
Kaine Baldwin (Glenelg)
Lachlan Jones (Woodville West Torrens)
Luke Edwards (Glenelg)
Luke Pedlar (Glenelg)
Malachy Carruthers (Sturt)
Mitchell Duval (West Adelaide)