Please Post Congrats for GF win in this thread please

Remove this Banner Ad

The greatest performance in a GF in the history of this game...by a mile.

Geelong's performance was twice as good as us in the 2000 GF,and thats saying something.

Probably the only non-EFC GF I'd buy on DVD to watch...a classic:thumbsu:

Congrats to the cats

Well done cats they were clearly the best side all year and the winning margin did not come as a surprise to me for my tip was cats by 100 pts.After 44 years they were going to be pretty angry.

I'm very glad Geelong won. A lady works for me who is a member of the cheer squad. She's 64 years old and last time Geelong won a GF she was 20. She went to the match today and I'm glad she will return to work on Monday having seen another victory in which she has waited a long time for. Congrats Cats.

Well Done.

It's hard for me to post this, but well done Cats.

You caned us. Smashed us.

All that pent up energy, prior to the game, was channeled into the game.

Bomber Thomson and his team can hold their heads up high.

Fantastic effort in a long term, hard earnt flag. I say this with much pain and embarrassment. :eek:

Re: Well Done.

It's hard for me to post this, but well done Cats.

You caned us. Smashed us.

All that pent up energy, prior to the game, was channeled into the game.

Bomber Thomson and his team can hold their heads up high.

Fantastic effort in a long term, hard earnt flag. I say this with much pain and embarrassment. :eek:

nice try jib but your portheticexcuse forateam cost me the feeling of a life time! Sure its unsuggestable, to argue against the feeling of a gf win,but to have a win like that has nleft me feeling some what hollow

Congratulations

All year people tried to find reasons why you would fall over and all season long you defied them. I know a lot of people on this forum have criticized Geelong supporters of being arrogant and counting their chickens before they hatch and this may be true for the minority but I think most of you have been pretty good at keeping the lid on things. Probably due to the heartbreak that many of you have been through before.

Being a swans supporter I can identify with the long painful wait for that premiership and I'm sure many of you, as I did, have this surreal feeling that wasn't quite what you expected after waiting so long but this win is something that you will remember forever no matter what happens in the coming years.

Enjoy every minute of it and don't take a single second for granted!

Congratulations Geelong, 2007 Premiers (sounds awesome doesn't it?)

Re: Congratulations

Ooops! Just noticed the please post gf congratulations in this thred. Mods...please feel free to move it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just home on the bus...a good GF experience..nothing like Melbourne and the MCG in GF week!

:thumbsu:

I've experienced the high of 2004 and the low of 2007...some fans never see their team on the last Saturday in September.

Well done Geelong...showed why they were way above the rest of the comp this year...100+ point wins in finals over 2nd & 4th position teams says it all. Rising star winner, Brownlow medallist, VFL and AFL cups, Norm Smith medallist!

I'm shattered ... 119 point loss...a record GF loss...Port did not bring it's 'A' game yesterday but Geelong did not allow us to get going.

Congrats...44 years to wait so party hard Cat's fans!

The smile on Geelong 1963 captain Fred Wooler handing over the cup was priceless. I didn't see Bobby Davis but he would be happy!

Good on current skipper,Tom Harley who debuted for Port in 1997, ironically in our 1st win over Geelong. Well done to coach, Mark Thompson. too. He was in last chance saloon and now could coach Cats forever?

:D:D:D

Well done Geelong. We were beaten in every facet of the game. The victory speeches and the demeanour of the Cats fans showed a real touch of class.

Apologies for posting in the wrong thread. I just saw the one I should have used.

Well done geelong you were the best team all year and deserved to be premiers... 163 points to 44 the year 1963 was the last time geelong won the flag and the 44 points that port kicked was the 44 year wait.... scary. Well done.:thumbsu:

To all you catters,

I posted this on the main board prior to reading anything else this morning, It was meant to pay the highest respect to the achievent of your club yesterday. It simply has served to find ways by Adelaide Foorball Club supporters and others to take away from the significance and magnitude of the result...I can only say well done and was humbled to watch the game.

well done catters
PA1870

Post as it appeared on main board below.

Port didnt play shit, they made the Grand final, better than all your other foul mouthed scum sucking leech sides could do. They came with all the tradition history and glory of Australias most successful football club.They came to play.

On that big stage on THAT day in september ,where legends are made and born, were history is made and records are broken.

For all you inane detractors , none of you are giving the history makers the credit and majesty they deserve.

Geelong created history, they belted all that Port Adelaide stood for, they pantsed them in front of 100,000 people and exposed all the club has expoused.

Geelong,were the reason the score was what it was, not that Port played bad. and Geelong are now the kings of AFL football, they bathed Port in shit and humiliated a proud club...

That, is what can happen on 'that day in September'.

The feeling amongst the premiership starved Geelong faithful was like watching a saturn v rocket take off for the moon. 44 years without Premiership glory.

Geelong, did it against a Mighty club with 137 years of tradition, to suggest less is to give GEELONG NO RESPECT.

Port Adelaide gave Geelong respect, but were simply tossed aside by hunger ,determination and a desire to cast aside the Demons of 44 years of hunger and humiliation.

The Kings of the AFL deserve the spoil, they have set records that now sit alongside the the very best in Ports arsenal,

Port having played in 70 Grand finals yes 70 since 1877 have lost 35 of them

35 ..this is what so many cannot fathom...they have been beaten as many times as they have played the Big one..This is what has made the club and what the AFL desired with such lust.

and in the 35 they have won, they have created the myth, the aura, the humilation to other clubs, the greatest losing margins, the smallest scores against..North Adelaide 1989 with both Jarmans, held to 1 solitary goal in a GF.......

All this is what entered the MCG on Saturday..

And it is all that that Geelong, not only overcame, but also contributed to the greated GF loss in the PAFC's history, creating AFL and former VFL history..

Geelong have become a part of Ports history and are now enshrined in our clubs pain...

As a result we will lick our wounds and despite what many may simply believe, we will look to a club like Geelong and revere their passion,we will respect them, we will bow our heads in shame...and we will wear the mark the Geelong Football club has inflicted upon us.

in 2007 Geelong showed the rest of the AFL why they are the Kings of Football ,they subjucated Port Adelaide in the greatest fashion they could.

Port Adelaide has shown in 137 years that it is Clubs like Geelong, that made us a great club...for little is learned if we walk away from this without one commitment...and that commitment has been forced upon us by a fearsome warrior..

The Geelong Football Club.

believe me when I say, the Port Adelaide Football Club, will see this in this light and they will move heaven and earth to even come part way to the magnificence of the Mighty Cats where upon a new dynasty has begun

We are humbled in your presence and watch your festivities with respect and a steely resolve..

all hail the new kings of football..Geelong..

We have a mighty foe to dethrone....our planning begins today.

Never before have I witnessed such a game.

I cannot wait for our encounters and our rivalries from this day forth.

PA1870

Remove this Banner Ad

Please Post Congrats for GF win in this thread please

Remove this Banner Ad

Back