Review Port defeat Umpires + Saints by 7 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh I looked up the deal…wow!

And glad we did the Giants such a favour.

Silvagni questioned whether Finlayson is the tye of player the Power need, considering how well stocked they are in the forward line.

“I don’t see it as a need for Port at all, I think they’ll be doing the Giants a favour,” the former Carlton list manager told AFL Trade Radio.
Mate, we are all glad that Jezza is getting support for his family …, the only reason we let him go … also pleased he is playing well

Yea look you can say mediocrity but reality is theyre where they are this season because they made a call on their coach
The Saints are pretty well in the same position they were this time last year. As are North Melbourne. Essendon might be the example you're after.

Mate, we are all glad that Jezza is getting support for his family …, the only reason we let him go … also pleased he is playing well
I know, tne Giants were very good about it and well appreciated by us and I am sure he and his family.
I just wasn’t paying attention to the details of when and how he came to Port. It all nakes sense now.

That’s 3 of 7 games we have had more than double the frees against.. that is surely a record.

I think the thread title is entirely appropriate. It was as if we were playing 19 opposition players last night. I am sure we could all go through the replay and pull out a dozen wtf's from last night. Time for the PAFC to meet with the AFL and ask for some explanations. We are obviously doing something wrong or the umpires have it wrong. Either way it needs sorting out.

Atm the greatest champion of our cause is, believe it or not, Graham Cornes.

On the credit side full marks to Ross Lyon for calling out those Saints fans who booed Jason Horne-Francis. He makes a good point, if the stupid booing is supposed to put JHF off his game it isn't working. This behaviour involves player welfare and is yet another issue for the PAFC to take up with the AFL.

Chad Cornes was asked about Ken on fiveaa.
Said ( naturally) the boys love him.
Said the Kenny critisism he thinks might have stung the younger boys a bit (and could have made them more determined?)
As for forwards..they have been too Charlie focused in the past and is a focus to rectify going forward.
Is proud of what Charlie did, considering ( injury)
JHF trains very hard, very committed and boys absolutely love him. Lol 🦘
Bergman given high credit too.
Great stuff. Its sad that that is what it takes to get them to wake up, but whatever works, works.

As I saw last night's game we clearly have three players who have not yet picked up the pace of AFL football. Teakle, Lord and Burgoyne didn't really influence last night's game. The question is do we make changes or do we stick with these guys for a few more games? I am not averse to giving them a few more games but our injury list grows longer every week and I am not sure we can afford to carry too many learners.

Any truth behind Ken Hinkley no longer calling the matchups and structures, and become a mentor/personal coach from the bench?
Im not a big fan of Kenny as coach but i wouldn't be disappointed if we brought in a new coach and left him around at the club, the players love him because he connects go them on a personal level and he has also been instrumental in bringing players to the club

On TET-AN00 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone is talking about Daddy Donuts on the bench but nobody is talking about the fact that we're 5-0 with Trent McKenzie in the team and 0-2 without Trent McKenzie in the team.

Oh I looked up the deal…wow!

And glad we did the Giants such a favour.

Silvagni questioned whether Finlayson is the tye of player the Power need, considering how well stocked they are in the forward line.

“I don’t see it as a need for Port at all, I think they’ll be doing the Giants a favour,” the former Carlton list manager told AFL Trade Radio.

Finlayson is only 26!? Wow!

What was the low battery sign about? If it was something to do with pressure it worked.Your pressure was awesome and won you the game I reckon .Also JHF is gonna be bloody brilliant for years ,book him in for a Brownlow in the future
My best guess, stop with the rope a dope tactic after the slow start or release the energiser bunny (Trav Boak)

Last edited:
This is why all the calls for drop this player, drop that player irks me. Newer and younger players need to be given a proper chance by us as well as by the club. Again and again we read on here from posters about how they had jumped the gun and were proven wrong on vilifying young or new players before they have found their feet. Not everyone will be a gun out of the gate like JFH ( who also by the way had an interrupted pre season, just wow)
We can only play 22 players at once. A call to drop one player and replace him with another is not a personal attack on the first player.

Hinkley has never adjusted quickly in his coaching career. You sure he's making these moves? Seems unlikely given his coaching history. Why have things changed since he went to the bench, why have leadership players been dropped finally after long stints of under performance? Can he see the game clearer from down there & hence make decisive changes? According to Hinkley he can't so I think the strategic moves are being done by others.

He is definitely having a positive influence on the players with his encouragement from the bench though, that is clear as they are far more committed since he went to the bench & post public criticism of him by WT.
Ken has said that he cant see the game as well from the bench. Tactically its true if you have ever sat boundary side. Seems like in game calls Carr has taken over. Ken is more controlling player contact and seems like he is focusing on individual players advice.

We've deliberately stacked our backline with guys who are great overhead and great with ball in hand. Burton, McKenzie, Bergman, Houston and Williams all fit this mould. The likes of Jonas, Clurey and Byrne-Jones are not in this mould. Byrne-Jones has found a new position but Jonas and Clurey are basically finished.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Port defeat Umpires + Saints by 7 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back