Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not surprised Hawkins got the captaincy gig, they always give it to an elder statesman who has had a high level career and probably been AA several times. He's exactly the kind of person who gets it.

It's not awarded for leadership skills or for the best player for the season.

I wouldn’t have picked Blicavs but stats don’t do him justice for the influence he has. A lot of Westhoff about him.
If I was picking an actual football team, Gawn & Blicz would be my ruck duo.

Blicz can ruck, play wing, tag the monster mids and play CHB and sweeper all to a B&F level. The most versatile player in the comp. Absolutely deserving of AA selection. He is the defensive version of Adam Goodes.

sure Blicavs is a very good and useful player

But was he in one of the very best few players this year?

Sicily led the afl in a couple of key stats and and was at the pointy end of a couple of others and still didn’t make the team.

Blicavs being picked over him was remarkably wrong.
Blicavs had an incredible year and 100% deserves to be in the team.

To be fair Rory Laird even with his mountains of ineffective touches probably had a better year than Kane Rozee.

To be fair Rory Laird even with his mountains of ineffective touches probably had a better year than Kane Rozee.

So if Connor has a previously unknown evil brother called Kane... can we change his nickname to The Undertaker?

Yeah 10 years is a reasonable time frame. 7 would be the least if they twist a lot of arms. Look at all the bodies they have to deal with.

Deal with the council
"The Club is continuing to negotiate with the City of West Torrens, which controls Thebarton Oval,"

SANFL have the lease from the council - who will want their pound of flesh
"as well as the current tenant SANFL, with a view to finalising lease terms and conditions."

SAAFL / Adelaide Footy League have a long term sub lease from SANFL.

Commercial & General about their site at West Lakes and selling that to raise funds. My understanding is the crows don't own the land but only own the buildings on the land.

Have to find $75m - they will get $15m from the feds and at least $1.5m from state government - same as Port got.
"Mr Olsen said he expected the project to cost at least $75 million and hoped to secure state government funding.The club and the local council said the community would have access to green space at the site, except during training."

Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure or whatever its called these days re all the changes to South Road plan and when they finally get locked in, so that the crows can get council approval.

Oily knows all of this

The announcement is just to keep the sheep at bay a bit longer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the words of Sheriff Ed Tom Bell, if it's not a mess it will do until the mess gets here.

Imagine trade week without Dodoro.

Imagine thinking it was a toss up between Laird & Rozee. The gulf in class, speed & damage is enormous.
Bigger than the Gulf of Mexico.

Imagine thinking it was a toss up between Laird & Rozee. The gulf in class, speed & damage is enormous.

The fact they’re hatching these takes so passionately after such a rousing demonstration of said gulf, is doing wonders for their world-renowned objectivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back