Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Literally every supporter base in the league thinks Nicholls hates them in particular. He's not biased, he's just s**t.

Takes a special talent to piss off everyone.

Except crows and Eagles supporters who think they're being rogered lube free when 20 free kicks in the black.

nothing will replace the crows shed, ******* lol

Another reason why Richmond Oval would have been better, lots of empty dirty spooky warehouses in the vicinity that would be ideal for them.

Great places to torture players and drive them mad.

Matthew Nicks taking training

Seems that there was an escalating onfield feud going on during the game but clearly a line was crossed in terms of personal abuse of a players family. Both Melbourne and Brisbane have agreed that the matter should be left on the field and move on which is probably the best outcome. Zork's reputation has definitely taken a hit though and no doubt will lose the captaincy next year.

Was out in the car without my phone earlier so listened to the radio to hear Rowe on 5AA whining that Zorko got off without a suspension while Walker got an AFL imposed 6 weeks suspension. 'sticks and stones' he kept saying.

FFS. Walker was dobbed in by an Indigenous staffer from his own club for racist abuse of a player from another team.

No surprises that Thicko Rowe can't tell the difference between the 2 incidents. How the feck he keeps his on air job continues to amaze.

Rowe is very popular with listeners

All 46 of them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another reason why Richmond Oval would have been better, lots of empty dirty spooky warehouses in the vicinity that would be ideal for them.
Not sure why but my working class roots make me kick up at this sort of stuff FF.

Maybe because the empty warehouses and factories of Richmond have a lot in common with those in the Port and other working class suburbs across Adelaide. The memories of industries, factories, workers and families long gone that are the heart of the history of this city, this state and SA footy.

The Crows will re-locate to Thebarton for one reason only - financial viability. They have no affinity with the area or its people and will seek to imprint their corporate identity over whatever remains.

It will be large and brash. But will be soul-less. Unlike the warehouses and factories that used to dominate the inner western suburbs, employing thousands and producing for the world, but are being demolished for high density corporate offices and townhouses.

Contrast the PAFC press releases about the redevelopment of the Alberton Oval precinct with the statement from Olsen and Adelaide media about the Thebarton Oval relocation. The Alberton Oval development is all about connection with the community and people of the area. There is not one mention of these things in the Crow's Thebarton development announcement- it is just about them and their brand.

The difference between the two SA based AFL Clubs and their connection to the community could not be more stark.

Last edited:
Not sure why but my working class roots make me kick up at this sort of stuff FF.

Maybe because the empty warehouses and factories of Richmond have a lot in common with those in the Port and other working class suburbs across Adelaide. The memories of industries, factories, workers and families long gone that are the heart of the history of this city, this state and SA footy.

The Crows will re-locate to Thebarton for one reason only - financial viability. They have no affinity with the area or its people and will seek to imprint their corporate identity over whatever remains.

It will be large and brash. But will be soul-less. Unlike the warehouses and factories that used to dominate the inner western suburbs, employing thousands and producing for the world, but are being demolished for high density corporate offices and townhouses.

I mean, seriously? I'm poking a bit of fun at the crows, not writing an anthropological essay.

When I used to go to Richmond Oval, I used to think how depressing the surroundings are, not how magnificent the ghosts are of their extraordinary history.

I mean, seriously? I'm poking a bit of fun at the crows, not writing an anthropological essay.

When I used to go to Richmond Oval, I used to think how depressing the surroundings are, not how magnificent the ghosts are of their extraordinary history.
Wasn't meant as a criticism of you, mate. Not at all. Sorry if it read that way.

Just used your post as a pivot.

Contrast the PAFC press releases about the redevelopment of the Alberton Oval precinct with the statement from Olsen and Adelaide media about the Thebarton Oval relocation. The Alberton Oval development is all about connection with the community and people of the area. There is not one mention of these things in the Crow's Thebarton development announcement- it is just about them and their brand.

There won't be one mention of who they're kicking out and the impact on them.

The crows should be called the cuckoos pinching others nests like they do. The Thebarton Community Centre I assume will be forced out

Kings Reserve to be appropriated? and hasta la vista to those who now use Thebarton Oval.

Looking forward to the fertiliser doing a double page spread on the ramifications of their thievery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back