Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh Dunkley has really pissed off a lot of Bulldogs fans.

Now I wish we did get him so I could enjoy their salty tears, but North’s over JHF will do just fine 😂😂
Why?

I can at least understand why Norf fans are pissed off at JHF, even if they've taken it way too far. But what good reason is there to be pissed off at Dunkley? He played out his contract with the club, left for legitimate family reasons, won the B&F on his way out so definitely gave them his all even though he probably knew he was leaving, and they were fairly compensated for him at the trade table on the way out.

If you're the type of supporter who's pissed off at Josh Dunkley, you're everything that's toxic and wrong about football fandom.

lol - Brisbane Lions have the biggest debt in the league...

Winners and losers: The 2023 AFL club funding ladder revealed​

North Melbourne will overtake St Kilda as the AFL’s most heavily funded Victorian club this year in the AFL’s latest distribution of variable funding to the 18 clubs.

And the same four power clubs - Collingwood, Richmond, West Coast and Hawthorn - again will not receive any additional dollars this year, besides the base distribution of between $10.5 million to $11 million.

View attachment 1599215

Anybody that questions West Coasts unparralled ascendency as the biggest club in the land is dumb. They get zero from the Victorian Government, Zero in fixturing, zero in national (Vic) broadcasting, no pokies, no artificial "Blockbusters", no AFL promotion. Sure they are fellated in WA but they get zero AFL/VIC Govt or non football related revenue streams.

Sydney's AFL funding surprises me though. There's something fishy about that. COLA by another name one must think.

Anybody that questions West Coasts unparralled ascendency as the biggest club in the land is dumb. They get zero from the Victorian Government, Zero in fixturing, zero in national (Vic) broadcasting, no pokies, no artificial "Blockbusters", no AFL promotion. Sure they are fellated in WA but they get zero AFL/VIC Govt or non football related revenue streams.

Sydney's AFL funding surprises me though. There's something fishy about that. COLA by another name one must think.

I don't know how it's been in the last few Covid affected years, but they've always been way over subscribed for memberships, or tickets for games at least. People paid $50 bucks to be on the waiting list - they're a subdivision of the Perth Mint. A lot of board members in the resources industry helps too.

I don't know how it's been in the last few Covid affected years, but they've always been way over subscribed for memberships, or tickets for games at least. People paid $50 bucks to be on the waiting list - they're a subdivision of the Perth Mint. A lot of board members in the resources industry helps too.
Freo, by many metrics are a similar sized club to us, but you see the large disparity in financials by being based in a wealthier city, with more corporate options and a collaborative relationship with the WAFC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My tinfoil hat theory is that AFL will want 20th club to be WA3 to try and drag the WA cups back

I mean they get none of those advantages but their advantage is being the senior member of a duopoly in a decent sized football city where they had a head start on the second team including massive concessions that made them successful on the field from the get go.

Even if you split support evenly, the Perth teams have a per capita advantage on the teams from the other football cities:

Adelaide population ~1.3 million = 650k per team
Perth population ~2 million = 1 million per team
Melbourne population ~5 million = 550k per team

They also show up the Crows and the SANFL for the shit show they really are as they have had similar benefits throughout and ****ed it.

Awful news for Sonja, and yet another blow for North.

Not good for her.
Hopefully she gets through it ok.
Never wish that insidious disease on anyone (well, except maybe Vlad Putin).

Note the subtle difference between North supporters and those of almost every other club, including Ports.
We generally have empathy and wish those people good wishes in their fight.

Many North fans would rejoice and throw a party if JHF had tested positive for this :huh::rolleyes:

Actually 3/5 of the top comments drag Kane into this.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reckon Kane will be happy with that. The sort of scribe who thrives solely on clicks that he gets from causing offence.

In a crowed field if he's getting mentions for a trending topic that he has nothing to do with I reckon he would say 'mission accomplished'.

They also show up the Crows and the SANFL for the s**t show they really are as they have had similar benefits throughout and ****ed it.
Even then if they were managed in the same fashion I doubt SA could compete with the money on offer in WA.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Even then if they were managed in the same fashion I doubt SA could compete with the money on offer in WA.

Yeah probably not financially, but they could get as close as anyone. Their mismanagement over the years, plus the SANFL Bleeding them really has stuffed them up, their brand is no where as strong as it used to be.

They should have comfortably capped out the money and winning available the same way West Coast have (to the extent that their extra money doesn’t really help anymore), but they ****ed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back