Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

The club didnt get the $$, they get to profit from a state owned stadium charging a low rent or low effective rent, just like WA clubs do, SA clubs do, Qld clubs do, GWS does and Tassie will and teams with secondary market home grounds do.

Geelong will get $15m from the feds like over a dozen clubs have received for their new facilities.

You probably know the details better than me but my understanding is all stadium deals are not equal.

* and funding is not all equal let’s not forget the Collingwood grant lol.

You probably know the details better than me but my understanding is all stadium deals are not equal.

* and funding is not all equal let’s not forget the Collingwood grant lol.
Not only the grants for Collingwood's base the last 5 years, but they effectively got a $63m grant to get the old Olympic Stadium and forced Vic athletics from near the centre of the city and out to new facilities at Albert Park.

Interesting game tonight, Collingwood aren't flying but they're still a good team.

Essington reverted to type last week against Geelong. We'll see if the wheels fall off like they usually do late season or if something has changed. My money is on the former.
Essendon are total crap but they do match up good on Collingwood.
Expecting a close game tonight would not surprise if Essendon get up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bugger me someone tagging Nick Daicos and he has no impact on the game. Who would have thought of that?

David Rodan 186 games + 100 games as a goal umpire. Does he get AFL life membership if he gets to 300?

If you get to 300 games as a player and a coach combined, you do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back